Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM
Profile for Laura Lee > Reviews

Browse

Laura Lee's Profile

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura Lee RSS Feed (McKinney, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Travel Scavenger Hunt Card Game
Travel Scavenger Hunt Card Game
Offered by Toys, Games, Gifts Galore
Price: $9.06
7 used & new from $9.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Passing the time!!! YAY!, August 21, 2012
This game provided several hours of entertainment on our 15 hour each way road trip. Played with 3 kids.... ages 6, 9, & 11. The 6 year old had a little trouble remembering what each of his cards were that he was supposed to be looking for. With a little help from the other kids, he was overall able to keep up. The game can go FAST when in a city. So, I found if I took the game about 20-30 miles from the city. The game would go slower at first & all the kids are waiting anxiously for the next city to come upon us. "The city is coming up in 15 more miles, so start looking." etc.... I could string out a game for a good 30-40 minutes.

Step2 Step 2 LifeStyle Dream Kitchen
Step2 Step 2 LifeStyle Dream Kitchen
5 used & new from $225.00

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT kitchen, July 30, 2012
I spent way too long reseraching kitchens! There are so many out there.

I narrowed my search down to Step 2 brand because their plastic is nice & think & doubled walled so I'm thinking this isn't going to get all warped over time. There are a lot of Step 2 kitchens to choose from! I chose this one because....

1. has a microwave with working buttons (How is little girl supposed to cook like Mom without a microwave! Be careful, some kitchens don't have a microwave)
2. isn't too terribly big or small - medium sized
3. wasn't stupid expensive (ok, so it was more $ than I wanted to spend on a kitchen - I thought I could find one under $100)
4. nice colors
5. has counter space to "prepare" the food
6. has 1 basket & 2 drawers for food storage
7. comes with 2 plates, 2 bowls, 2 cups, utensils, 4 pots/pans, salt & pepper - enough to not have to purchase more cooking stuff
8. you will need to purchase food separately
9. has a working light over the sink that little one thinks is fun
10. I really didn't care about the phone on the kitchen, but my girl thinks it great to answer the phone while cooking.
11. the burners sounds are cool - there are 2 special pots that when placed on the burner will make 2 distinct different cooking sounds
12. Free shipping from Amazon

I am VERY pleased with this kitchen. Please don't spend 3 hours researching!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2012 8:16 AM PST

Super Pet My First Home for Exotics, Large
Super Pet My First Home for Exotics, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT cage for the price., July 30, 2012
I did a ton of research on cages for a pet rat. I narrowed it down to this one & All Living Things Luxury Rat Pet Home. They were both similar looking & the same size & pretty much the same price. The only reason I chose this one was for the blue color.

It was super easy to set up. My 11 year old daughter & I did it in about 20 minutes. That included getting all the toys & bedding set up in the cage as well. It is sturdy as I was worried about my cat tipping the cage over. The cat will have to work really hard to tip this thing over.

I had to use some pliers to bend/straighten a few wires here & there, but hey - it's a wire cage that shipped in the mail. The levels fit fine, the ramps were no problem to put on. My daughter loves this cage. I'm thinking cleaning this will be easy as the bottom pops off pretty easily.

There are 2 doors to access the rat - one higher & one a little lower. The openings are a good size. We can just fit the Super Pet Igloo in & out, so I'm glad that will go through.

Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book
by Jerry Greenfield
Price: $6.63
423 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun pics and layout to get you excited about ice cream!, July 17, 2012
This book does an excellent job of making the recipies seem fun & entertaining. My kids are so into this book... flipping through it and picking out their favorites. I find the facts about making ice cream pretty interesting. An easy read & some great flavored ice cream.

Swimline 9058 - Sea-Saw Rocker
Swimline 9058 - Sea-Saw Rocker
Price: $48.13
50 used & new from $36.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't "rock", June 21, 2012
This thing lasts 1.5 summers with a 10, 8 & 6 year old. They could never get the thing to actually rock back & forth like it was intended. Instead, they thought it was fun for 2 things.... one kid gets in on one side & leans all the way back making the other end go up high in the air, then the other kid tries to get in!.... OR turn it over in the water & then all 3 try to climb on top all at the same time! Lots of laughs with that. It was durable to last through all this beating, but finally sprung a leak & I was so pleased to get rid of the thing.

My husband & I got in it (not very sightly, I must say) & we could rock it, but it took a lot of effort on our part. We made some huge waves in the pool with it. The kids thought that was great too but like I said, it was a lot of effort on our part & we got tired fast!

Motorola MBP33 Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Infrared Night Vision and Zoom
Motorola MBP33 Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Infrared Night Vision and Zoom
10 used & new from $205.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor, but don't like buttons, June 1, 2012
I purchased this monitor after the Summer monitor I had finally went bad. I will say that I liked how the Summer monitor worked better. The buttons were simple and easy (for grandparents or babysitters). It just had some quirks to it that started about 8 months into it & kept progressing until it finally just didn't work anymore.

This Motorola monitor seemed to have MUCH better reviews than the Summer monitor, so I went with this one. The picture quality is OK. I think the Summer monitor was clearer. The Motorola seems much more sure of itself each time you turn it on & off. I don't anticipate the quirks like the Summer had.

I don't care for how the buttons on the Motorola are set up. The two most important buttons to me are Power & Show Display. The power button is kinda hidden at the top. I even had a hard time finding it at first out of the box. The Show Display button is embedded right in the middle of other buttons & right next to the MICROPHONE button. I don't need to be accidently hitting that button. I just want to see the picture. I think the buttons are particularly troublesome when a grandparent or babysitter is trying to use it. I ended up coloring these buttons with colored paint pens so they are easier for people to use.

I think this is a very well made monitor, but they need some tweaks on button placement and the size of the buttons. The Summer monitor is MUCH easier to work & is much more simple.

The American Heritage Student Dictionary
The American Heritage Student Dictionary
by Editors of the American Heritage Dictionaries
28 used & new from $2.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for upper elementary & middle school, January 3, 2012
I bought for my 4th grader. It has some nice colorful pictures in it, but not enought to be a picture dictionary. It has just enough to break up the page a bit & not have it look so overwhelming with words.

I really like how the title is "Student Dictionary" vs. Kid Dictionary. I think she will use it through middle school for that reason.

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Three Little Pigs Play Set Soft Baby Toy
Melissa & Doug Deluxe Three Little Pigs Play Set Soft Baby Toy
2 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE, January 3, 2012
My 16 month old just loves this toy. She doesn't quite get the story, but she loves stuffing all the characters down the chimney. (pigs included. haha) But, she moves the characters like they are "talking" and I think she is starting to get which pig goes in which house. I would definitely buy again, but probably wait until 18 months. I bought when she was 1 year old, which was a little too early.

Sheaffer Calligraphy Maxi Kit, 3 Viewpoint Fountain Pens with 3 Nib Grades, Assortment of Ink Cartridges, Tracing Pad (73404)
Offered by Court House Supplies
Price: $18.96
45 used & new from $15.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starter set, January 3, 2012
I got this for my 10 year old daughter. She didn't really know what calligraphy was, but was interested to try it once it was explained to her. It was a little hard to get the pen to "flow" with ink. I tried (I used to do calligraphy many moons ago.) and I found this pen to be a little tricky. You have to have just the right angle and pressure for the ink to flow and it actually write. So, my 10 year old was getting a little bit frustrated. I'm thinking with practice she will get it.

The pens are pretty cheap plastic, but the tips seem ok. I think for the price, this is a decent starter set.

I do wish it came with a larger sized tablet to practice writing in. It is about 8 inches wide by 5 inches tall.

Fisher-Price Little People Book & Figure Set
Fisher-Price Little People Book & Figure Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the little cardboard books, January 3, 2012
I bought this set so my toddler could have some more little people in her bus. But, she has actualy latched onto the little books that come with it. They are a lot smaller than the other cardboard books she has & she loves carrying these books around & sitting down to look at them. A bonus!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3