Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for S. Winchester > Reviews

Browse

S. Winchester's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Winchester RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2
Price: $12.99 - $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly comfortable for the price, February 20, 2013
I'm not a professional cyclist by any means but the last few weekends I've had the opportunity to test this out on a few ~20 mile trips . The previous, stock seat gave me a sore bum after about 10 miles but this seat, for whatever reason, gives me no discomfort even on these long rides (20 miles is long for me, at least). You absolutely cannot beat the price point and they look fantastic.

Not everyone is shaped the same, but my experience is a positive one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2013 6:36 PM PST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Low quality components, cheap starting point, February 2, 2013
Took the Takara Kabuto on a 14 mile ride today and I'm here to report back.
(I'll preface this by saying I'm certainly not a bike expert, but this was my experience)

The bike, overall did it's job in getting me from point A to point B but I did run into some issues. Unlike many other reviewers I had no issues with the tubes, but the chain length was WAY too long. The chain tension was so poor that it got disconnected 3-4 times during the ride and was a huge hassle. The reflectors on the pedals fell off and the pedals were of poor quality. The seat was uncomfortable on a long ride, but was adjustable on many levels. The brake system is absolutely terrible. Even if you order new brake pads, you're stuck with very low quality brake calipers that are nearly impossible to configure for optimal pad wear. In addition, I wouldn't get too attached to the yellow color as the bar tape and wheels discolor quickly (not sure why they settled on yellow).

Despite these drawbacks this bike gives you a solid starting point, but I'm not impressed with any of the components outside of the frame/wheels. If I could do this over again I may spend a little more money on a different fixed gear that will require me to replace fewer parts (if such a bicycle in this price range exists).

(If anyone has replaced the brake calipers on this bike with a product I'd be curious to know what they used and how it went.)

Some folks have linked to compatible/upgradable items for this bike so I'll throw links down here for reference:

-Aesthetics
Retrospec Bicycles Fixed-Gear Crank Single-Speed Road Bicycle Crankset
KMC Z510 1-Speed 1/8 112L Bike Chain
Fixed Gear Platform Pedals 9/16" Blue, Green, Orange, Red, White, Yellow
Colored Fixed Gear / Singlespeed Road Bike Tire PAIR 700c x 25c

-Comfort/Safety
Retrospec Bicycles Urban/Fixed Gear Saddle
Aztec Aztec2 Bicycle Brake Pads (Threaded)
Avenir Schrader 48mm Valve Tube (700 X 28-32C)

-Storage
Avenir Rear Road Bike Rack (Black, 700c)
Avenir Bigmouth Velcro Seat Bag (Large- 73/106 Cubic Inches)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2015 11:32 AM PDT

Wenzel Current Hiker Two-Person Tent
Wenzel Current Hiker Two-Person Tent
Price: $39.53
10 used & new from $33.60

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the purchase, August 5, 2012
This tent will fit two small people, and will fit one person of basically any size just fine assuming you aren't too tall, however ventilation IS a problem. I went camping in the Sequoias where the humidity isn't very high and there was condensation covering the top of the tent after a night WITH the door open. Setup is ok but accessibility is not good.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, but it would work as some sort of emergency shelter if you were in a post-apocalyptic scenario where no other tents were available on planet earth.

Plantronics Audio 655 USB Multimedia Headset with Noise Canceling Microphone - Compatible with PC and Mac
Price: $29.95
51 used & new from $18.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality, wires have issues, August 1, 2012
I bought this product in 2009. About a year after using them the wire connection on the USB-end became faulty and did not work consistently. This eventually resulted in the headphones being unusable which is unfortunate because the sound and mic quality were fantastic.

If you choose to use these headphones, be cautious of where you plug them in to make sure you don't put too much strain on the wires.

GreatNeck GN205 205-Piece Home Tool Chest Set
GreatNeck GN205 205-Piece Home Tool Chest Set
Price: $54.90
28 used & new from $49.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Flexible toolset, August 1, 2012
I've used this toolset casually for about 2 years now.

PROS
I've used this mainly for motorcycle work/maintenance and have yet to find a job this ratchet set can't handle. It even has adapters to put the sockets on the screwdriver and vise-versa which comes in handy in some odd situations. The screwdriver also ratchets which is a handy functionality sometimes.

The case is nice, solid, compact construction

CONS
The screwdriver in the set has a joint where it can bend. The design was likely put in place to give you more leverage or get into tight places. Instead, it does neither and is just a nuisance for normal use. This is my main complaint with the set as I use this A LOT.

After taking the tools out for the first time I've never got the pliers to fit back in correctly. (This could just be me). In addition, the screwdriver bits come in a silicon/rubber housing which is sort of irritating to get in/out of, however these should be durable long-term.

I haven't used the level, box cutter tape measure or wire strippers so I cannot comment on their usefulness.
An adjustable wrench would be a helpful addition to this set.

SUMMARY
If you plan to use the ratchet set a lot this is likely a good value. Some of the components are cheap but everything seems functional and the compact case is a plus.

SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
Offered by TraderVic's
Price: $7.70
38 used & new from $7.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, OK quality, August 1, 2012
I've been using this mousepad for a little over 1.5 years now and it still performs as it should (it's a mouse pad...). One thing, however that started to happen many months ago was the side has started peeling and the top later is becoming disconnected from the 'foam' of the pad. This is annoying, but such a large mousepad for the price still makes it a good value.

Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers, Black
Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers, Black
Offered by Next Generation Tech
Price: $13.49
88 used & new from $8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, August 1, 2012
I'm no audiophile but I do appreciate good, high quality sound. I'd say for 95% of the people looking at this product, it will meet or exceed their needs. The sound is surprisingly good for a $10 set of speakers. Aside from obviously not having much bass, the sound is rich enough for my uses of casual music listening/video games and skype.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2012 9:40 AM PDT

Coleman Hooligan(TM) 2-Person Tent
Coleman Hooligan(TM) 2-Person Tent
Price: $46.63
76 used & new from $41.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, simple design, great for warm weather, August 1, 2012
This review is from: Coleman Hooligan Tent (Sports)
For $50-60 this tent is a great value AND survived Coachella 2012.

I like camping, but I HATE setting up tents. I absolutely love the simplicity of this design which results in a tent that you can get up in a few minutes. As most reviewers have likely mentioned, due to this simple design, stakes are critical. We were actually able to avoid using stakes on some occasions by having thick sleeping pads that took up the entire surface of the tent, thus supporting it and keeping it upright.

The fly wraps around the entire tent which not only saves production cost but is GREAT for warm weather camping. Often times in the summer you don't need or want anything obstructing air flow, yet would still like a bug-proof barrier. This does the job fantastically.

Nelson Plastic Pulsating Sprinkler Head on Metal Spike, Two-Pack 50202
Nelson Plastic Pulsating Sprinkler Head on Metal Spike, Two-Pack 50202
Price: $13.80
12 used & new from $7.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, not perfect, August 1, 2012
I've been using these on and off for over a year now. Unlike some other reviewers, the metal stakes haven't broken on my units and seem to hold up just fine (I haven't been very gentle with them). The rest of the sprinkler, however, is plastic and has some faults.

First, the plastic pieces used for adjusting the sprinkler radius are not only think plastic, but they are not stable after continus use. After you set your spray pattern you will likely have to re-adjust after they get knocked around and fall out of place. One of the adjust pieces has broken off completely resulting in a sprinkler that goes almost 180 degrees. I will need to create a manual fix for this somehow.

Second, the adjustable distance setting leaves much to be desired. I assume this works like many other sprinklers like it on the market, but my lawn is smal and I've found it difficult to get a pattern small or precise enough without hitting my cars/neighbors sidewalk/etc. For a larger lawn or area this likely would not be an issue.

Mine are still kicking after a year, but they are far from perfect in my circumstance. A cheap sprinkler solution; you get what you pay for.

The Mountain Men's Kittens T-Shirt, Blue, Large
The Mountain Men's Kittens T-Shirt, Blue, Large
Price: $16.99
24 used & new from $14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat-tastic, August 1, 2012
Aside from the obvious reason everyone buys this shirt (the kittens) it is actually surprisingly comfortable and really is a high quality shirt. The shirt is relatively thick and the fit for me is very good.

I'm tall (6'4" and about 160 lbs). Most shirts are either too wide or too short but this shirt is fairly long resulting in a good fit for me. In addition, it's been washed many times and the print remains strong.

Buy this right meow!