Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Milwaukee, WI USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
It Happened to Nancy: By an Anonymous Teenager, A True Story from Her Diary
It Happened to Nancy: By an Anonymous Teenager, A True Story from Her Diary
by Beatrice Sparks
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $8.09
294 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick Read, May 2, 2012
Although I blew through this book in a couple hours, I wouldn't say it was because it was so good I couldn't put it down. The idea is intriguing: to hear a personal account of a young girl with a shocking disease, but I felt I couldn't connect with Nancy. I read a few reviews eluding to the fact this may be fake, so maybe that tarnished my view. I just felt like I was grasping for more...more substance, perspectives, reality? The only moment of true emotion to be honest is with an animal towards the end. Ok beach reading maybe, but there's a lot better out there.

Letter Slitter Hand Letter Opener w/Concealed Blade, 2 1/2", White, 3/Pack
Letter Slitter Hand Letter Opener w/Concealed Blade, 2 1/2", White, 3/Pack
Offered by Success Deals
Price: $4.79
12 used & new from $1.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but Effective, December 19, 2011
I don't know why you can never find the big promotional letter openers like this, but this is a good substitute. I wish it were bigger (it is about 2-5/8" wide by 1-3/4" tall), but the blade is sharp and it slides nicely. Comes is a three pack and I'm still on the first one - probably about two months now.

Yoga for Back Care
Yoga for Back Care
DVD ~ Rodney Yee
Price: $10.88
50 used & new from $2.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Yoga for Back Care (DVD)
I thought this DVD was going to stink to be honest because it uses a chair and a strap (use a belt to save the $). I am more of an intermediate yoga person, so I thought this might be blah. However, I have a slipped disc that flares up occasionally and my normal yoga, running, and weights are not options when that happens. I started doing this every day for one week while skipping my other workouts, then did this every other day in addition to my normal work-outs again and did it make a HUGE difference! This is excellent not only for pain, but I simply feel like my back is stronger and I am more conscious of my posture. This is now part of my normal routine and if my back flares up again, I'll do just this again until it feels better.

Have a chair and your strap handy next to your mat and you will be just fine. It is quick, so the price seems a little steep, but how much I've used it, it was worth it!

Jetstream RT Retractable Roller Ball Pens, Bold Point, Blue Ink, Pack of 12
Jetstream RT Retractable Roller Ball Pens, Bold Point, Blue Ink, Pack of 12
Price: $29.94
13 used & new from $20.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pens, December 19, 2011
I love these pens so much I sought them out on amazon because I can't find them anywhere else. I can't stand gel ink and wanted rollerball. These have a constant line...doesn't skip or smudge and is still fine enough to make small notes. Grips are a nice width and are comfortable.

Xstamper One-Color Title Message Stamp, Approved, Pre-Inked/Re-Inkable, Blue (1008)
Offered by Advantage Gifts
Price: $11.20
13 used & new from $6.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Standard Stamper, December 19, 2011
Not a lot to say about a stamper, but it does its job. Easy enough to refill (haven't had to yet), and clear, bright ink makes this easy to see and read. The text itself stamps out to about 1-5/8" wide and 1/2" tall.

Rodney Yee: Yoga Burn
Rodney Yee: Yoga Burn
DVD ~ Rodney Yee
Price: $9.56
74 used & new from $0.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Rodney Yee SLOW, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Rodney Yee: Yoga Burn (DVD)
I would re-name this DVD Yoga Slow instead of Burn. There are a few core poses at the beginning that were challenging, but I wouldn't say this a burn you might expect. I am a huge Rodney Yee fan, and this is different from his other DVDs - like other reviewers said, redoing a pose three times and moving slowly. It is very nice and refreshing to do and makes my tight hamstrings and back feel great. But if you are looking for a hardcore toning workout burn, this isn't the right DVD for you.

NatureBright SunTouch Plus Light and Ion Therapy Lamp
NatureBright SunTouch Plus Light and Ion Therapy Lamp
Price: $70.27
14 used & new from $64.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Product, March 21, 2011
I suffer from season affective disorder, which means that pretty much the day daylight savings ends to when it starts, I get sluggish, sad, just not my normal self. This past year, I ended up with my room in a basement with no outside windows, so that doesn't help! I use a mild antidepressant, but my doctor also suggested a light like this. I was worried about the cost and that some of the reviews for this type of product are negative. Finally I figured that if it does work and lasts for many years, I will be very happy with the purchase.

I am so impressed with this product. The lights are not too bright where I feel blinded - I sometimes do look directly at the light with no problems. My doctor suggested about 30 mins every morning, so now I turn this thing on as I turn off my alarm and just lay there and read and glance at it. It has definitely helped with my SAD and helps a ton just getting out of bed on a weekend!

This also works wonders for my internal clock - even on weekends, I am up and looking at my clock two minutes before my alarm goes off during the work week. Helped a ton with daylight savings time change too. This unit is somewhat large on my nightstand, but I don't really mind. Sometimes I turn it on when I'm folding laundry just because it's nice how much it brightens the room.

I sometimes use the air Ionizer through the night and I feel like I sleep like a rock when it is on. Like I said, I'm in the basement, so it seems as though the normal basement air is cleaner with it on. Some people say it smells bad, but I personally like the smell...kind of paper fresh off the copy machine.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2011 3:21 PM PST

The Getaway
The Getaway
DVD
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, March 21, 2011
I was so about the give up on Dexter, but this season turned around and this episode made me wanting more! WOW is all I can say - can't wait for next season! Darn Netflix put this one episode on one disc (I guess not Netflix...more like Showtime, but whatever!), and because I was too impatient to wait one whole day for it to come in the mail, I got it on Amazon. Thanks Amazon!

Party Down Season 1
Party Down Season 1
DVD
Price: $16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Quirky Humor, March 21, 2011
This show was recommended to me by friends that similarly find humor in It's Always Sunny, the Simpsons, and Nip/Tuck. This season was funny, but season two is when this show really developed. Unfortunately it is no more after season 2. Too bad - very funny show. Jane Lynch is a standout in this season!

TIGI Bed Head Moisture Maniac Moisturizing Conditioner, 25.36 Ounce
TIGI Bed Head Moisture Maniac Moisturizing Conditioner, 25.36 Ounce
Offered by Deals For Beauty
Price: $25.72
6 used & new from $20.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Condtioner!, March 21, 2011
This combined with the Moisture Maniac is a great solution to my thin hair. The dry winter weather and heat and sun in the summer just ruin my hair, so I need a daily shampoo and conditioner that actually keeps my hair healthy. I am really happy with this stuff, however Bed Head exaggerates it's products (humorous marketing tactic?), so this is not the ultimate cure for dry hair. I still use a clarifying shampoo and deep hydrating mask twice/week, but this is an excellent in between solution!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3