Profile for J. Martin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Martin RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA United States)

Head or Heart
Head or Heart
Price: $11.88
79 used & new from $2.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Follow your Head AND your Heart and get this album!, July 19, 2014
This review is from: Head or Heart (Audio CD)
I lost Christina Perri a few years ago after hearing Jar of Hearts on the radio and taking the extra time to find out who sang it. I just got busy and didn't follow up. Then about 6 weeks ago, I stumbled upon the video for Human and was once again struck by the incredible talent and soul of this beautiful girl. After watching all of the 'unplugged' videos of just Christina and her piano, I immediately ordered Head or Heart and have been listening to it almost non-stop ever since. It's definitely my favorite album in the last year. When I got the CD, I read the liner notes (something usually missing from downloads) and it was apparent how much time and effort she spent writing all of the songs. She captures her mental and emotional experiences and shares them with us through her music.

The great thing about discovering an artist a little later on is the availability of multiple albums, so of course I ordered lovestrong. soon after and love it too. Christina has such a good story that your dreams can come true if you believe in yourself and take the opportunities as they open for you. She is very gracious and humble after attaining success which makes her even more endearing. I missed the first part of her tour but am excited to catch her as the opening act next month. Well done ceeps!

AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Extension Cable - A-Male to A-Female - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters)
AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Extension Cable - A-Male to A-Female - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value cable, November 24, 2013
Amazon Basics cables and other products are always solid performers at a good value. This cable is no exception. You will be glad you bought it.

The Grey (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
The Grey (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
DVD ~ Liam Neeson
Price: $7.88
119 used & new from $2.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Will everyone hurry up and get eaten so I can stop watching..., April 19, 2012
Could hardly make it to the end of this movie. The acting was actually pretty good and the special effects for the plane crash were excellent (thus the 2 stars). Everything else was horrible. The wolves were 'inserted' at the appropriate times to enhance the drama/suspense; however, when they became a distraction for the action - poof - they were gone. The howling was done the same way... dialogue, dialogue, tension between actors (ok, cue the wolves) HOWLING (ok, stop so we can get some more dialog). This was so corny. Also, during the scene in the snow when they leave the airplane wreck the wind is blowing so hard you can't hear anything else, yet when they stop to help somebody they speak with library voices, and it's just fine, the wind is gone. Oh and did I mention I should have walked out when he curses God near the end. Don't waste your time with this. Buy Unknown or Taken instead.

SANOXY® Flexible 5.0 Megapixel USB PC Camera Webcam
SANOXY® Flexible 5.0 Megapixel USB PC Camera Webcam
Offered by AmazingFind
Price: $8.09
4 used & new from $8.09

1.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, July 4, 2010
I was skeptical at first because of the low price, but after reading reviews decided to take a chance. I bought 3. None of the microphones will pick up anything unless you are about an inch away from it, which defeats the purpose of having a camera. I mean, if the gain is that bad, make it a clip on mic. I have tried it on 3 different computers with the same results. I tried all three of the camera/mics -- same result. I maxed out the gain in the Windows settings as well to see if that would help, same result. It's not the computer, it's not the audio card, it IS the microphone. If all you need is a cheap camera, go for it. The camera works adequately, but unless you are using a separate microphone, this thing is worthless!!

Casio Men's GWM850-1CR Atomic Solar G Shock Watch
Casio Men's GWM850-1CR Atomic Solar G Shock Watch
Offered by Famous Brand Watches
Price: $89.99
6 used & new from $89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid with great features, September 5, 2009
I've been a Timex guy for decades, but I'll have to say this watch is better than any Timex I have owned. It is rugged, not too big, easy to read, and best of all -- totally maintenance free. No setting the time ever, no changing batteries EVER. Some commented that the alarms are not loud enough, but I have found them to be fine. They will wake me up from the dresser across the room. My only complaint is that the buttons (especially the set) are a bit difficult to push. The backlight is fine if you are just checking the time, but too short if doing any functions requiring more than just a glance.

However, for now, I am greatly enjoying my new watch!!

UPDATE: July 2012 - Based on a comment, I removed the part about 'when the band breaks' as I must have been in Timex mode still. I wear this watch every day and have since I purchased long ago and the band is still in very good shape. I still love this watch!! I wish my computer was equally maintenance free.

UPDATE: March 2013 - It's official. This is probably the best purchase I have ever made. This watch is a flawless performer every single day. I have taken it all over the country and snorkeling (not diving) in the Caribbean, countless swims in the pool during the summers, and it is still as solid as the day I bought it. The band has been very robust. Much more reliable than the old Timex bands. The face is also very resilient as it shows no scratches whatsoever, and I have not done anything to avoid hitting or scraping it across anything. I know the company would probably prefer me to have purchased a watch every year, but I guarantee I will come back to Casio Gshock if I lose this watch. That's the only scenario I can think of to replace it as it keeps on going...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2012 7:14 PM PDT

Drama
Drama
Offered by MEGA Media
Price: $9.68
36 used & new from $0.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding bananas!, August 1, 2007
This review is from: Drama (Audio CD)
I really like the direction the girls have taken since Ultra Violet. There are a lot of driving beats and memorable songs on this CD. It's an absolute must for fans and also should be purchased by anyone who likes club music and remembers Bananarama from probably only Cruel Summer and Venus. It's sad that so many people have not kept up with them because they have REALLY been putting out some quality music over the last 19 years since the pop-ridden WOW days. If you haven't listened to Bananarama since you were in high school, you owe it to yourself to pick this up. Then go back and get the other 4! Keep them coming Sarah and Keren!!!!

Any Time Now
Any Time Now
12 used & new from $21.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, August 1, 2007
This review is from: Any Time Now (Audio CD)
Another great disk from the guys. It's got somewhat of an updated feel, but it's still classic Outfield. If you saw them on the '98 It's Not Over tour, you probably already have this one. Otherwise, pick it up. You won't be disappointed. I will say that Voices of Babylon is probably my favorite. Also, I wish John Spinks all the best for a speedy recovery.

Desire: Greatest Hits Remixed
Desire: Greatest Hits Remixed
Offered by MEGA Media
Price: $10.75
40 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Garage mixer, August 1, 2007
I really like GLJ and I have all of the disks; however, this one is pretty bad. Most of the mixes are very poor quality. Go ahead and remix them yourself on your computer for a better sound.

Exotica
Exotica
3 used & new from $149.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very techno, but good for pleasing yourself, July 8, 2001
This review is from: Exotica (Audio CD)
This one took a few listens to grow on me, and I'm a VERY big fan of the gals. However, I really like it now. They are pretty heavy into the techno-sound now. The remakes of old songs are to be viewed as playing around and experimentation. If you don't expect an "improvement" on the originals, you won't be disappointed. Just look at them as fun remixes. Overall, I like "If" and "Crazy" probably the best. But Boom is also quite good. I didn't care for the Careless Whisper cover. They rushed it a bit. I would rather have heard more of a slow "Through a Child's Eyes"-theme applied to it. All in all, worth the money to get in the US. Why they didn't release here is not known, but their die-hard fans have to get this one too. Keep it up Sarah and Keren!! Hi to all the fans on the e-groups list, I'm sure you found this.