Profile for B. Wertz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 83

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Wertz "Imautobot" RSS Feed (Oklahoma City, OK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
BESTEK® Car Camcorder Video Recorder DVR Black Box with 140° Wide Angle 360° Rotating 2.4" LCD Display G-sensor 1080P HDMI Output and Up to 32GB SD Card Supported BTCD029
Offered by BESTEK.
Price: $74.99
4 used & new from $60.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, just not super intuitive., January 25, 2015
I've had problems trying to understand the interface on this Video Recorder. If you fiddle with it enough, you'll eventually get it doing what you want it to do. The video quality is actually really decent. My other dashcam is a "Genius" which is about $40 more and doesn't record as good. But the suction up bracket on this Camera is definately of poor quality. The instructions seem like they have been translated from Chinese to English by someone with passable translation skills, so that's really why you have to fiddle with the buttons to figure out how to work it. Other than that, it's not a bad deal for the price. I just hope that suction cup mount doesn't break. I won't know how to replace it.

LaView 16 Channel Complete 960H Security System w/Remote Viewing, 1TB HDD, 8 x 600TVL Bullet Cameras, LV-KDV1608B6BP-1TB
Price: $409.41
9 used & new from $239.08

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but there are caveats., January 25, 2015
This security system has been a bit of a thorn in my side. I've been installing it gradually, when I have time. The first camera I installed seems to have a clearer image than the other 5 that I've installed thus far. I can't find a setting to get the other cameras to an equal quality. Additionally, when setting the cameras for motion detect, it works fine for all of them except the one camera that has the better image quality. Initially it would record non-stop, so I did what I could to set it for motion detection, then it stopped recording completely. The camera is functioning fine, I can see the livestream on my PC, and on my phone by DDNS, but for the life of me, I can't seem to make it record on a motion detection setting. It's frustrating. When you log into the DVR and attempt to increase video settings, it becomes questionable whether they'll be applied or not. You crank up the settings, click save, and more often than not it says "save unsuccessful" or Something about XML. This is so frustrating.

Does it work, sure.
Is it user friendly, no.
Does it come with decent instructions, no.
Is crawling through your attic with a fishing pole easy, no way.

I needed this system after someone helped themselves to some of my Christmas lights, but in retrospect, I think I should have done more research. It's just not intuitive enough for your average person. Heck, I even had to find a video online explaining how to set up DDNS; that requires opening up 3 ports to your DVR's IP address, I suppose that's actually unavoidable, but it is unfortunate. The inability to get higher quality video settings to save is a big deal. If your seriously considering installing a security system like this, I'd look elsewhere, read the reviews, and if possible, find out how user friendly their instructions and UI are before making the investment.

TurboTax Deluxe 2014 Fed + State + Fed Efile Tax Software + Refund Bonus Offer
TurboTax Deluxe 2014 Fed + State + Fed Efile Tax Software + Refund Bonus Offer
Price: $49.02

1.0 out of 5 stars Look closely; features removed, and shifted to more expensive version., January 11, 2015
Product gets one star for removing features which existed in the older versions. However, for my purposes, I do not need those features, and the product still works fine. It's just the idea of giving the customer less for the same price that bothers me.

NETGEAR Wireless Router - AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit (R6300) - Manufacturer Refurbished
Offered by Stick Price
Price: $79.99
10 used & new from $73.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy it new, not refurbished., January 11, 2015
I haven't had problems with factory-refurbished products in the past so I decided to take a chance on this router. That was a mistake. As soon as I got it out of the box, I noticed scuff marks on it. There is a serial number that has been blanked out by black marker. That seemed odd for a factory refurbished item. I went about using it, and it was smooth sailing for about 3 weeks, then stopped communicating with my modem altogether. At first I wanted to blame my Internet provider, but the fault wasn't theirs. I can plug my computer directly into my modem and it's off to the races, but plug this router back into it, and my modem's activity light goes dead. The router simply quit talking to the modem. I ordered the same modem, only brand new this time. I feel this situation has soured me on refurbished equipment from here on out.

BTW, before anyone feels the need to ask; yes I did try turning it on and off. Also tried the reset button. And when I felt the modem was to blame, I reset that too. This router was definitely defective. And I am grateful it didn't last a little longer because they only give you a 30 day warranty. That fact alone should be your first indication of impending failure.

Something else I hadn't noticed when I originally connected it; none of the lights on the front of the router ever lit up. I didn't even know those were there, until I took a closer look at the Amazon product image. And now that I've gotten my NEW replacement, I can see these lights.

Men's Turtleneck Shirt Black - XL
Men's Turtleneck Shirt Black - XL
Offered by Utopia Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, October 26, 2014
I'm not really a Turtleneck kinda guy, but I got this for a Halloween costume, and it was very comfortable, and sized properly. The material is nice, and is great quality. For the price, you couldn't do better.

Genius DVR-FHD590 Full HD Vehicle Video Recorder with 128-Degree Wide Angle and G-Sensor
Offered by Goodios
Price: $115.99
30 used & new from $103.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but far from perfect too., October 26, 2014
I got this for my Class A CDL job. It does well most of the time. I can't leave the collision detection on because Semi Trucks ride rough; too rough for even the low sensitivity setting. That's not too big a deal.

There are been a few glitches I don't like. When I go to turn it off at the end of my shift, sometimes the screen will say something like "saving emergency file, please wait." It never goes off, and the only way to get it to work again is to press the "reset button" which is only press-able with a paperclip or very fine point pen. So that's annoying.

Other times, I press the power button to turn it off, and it gives the default message "press OK to power off, or wait 10 seconds to enter motion detection." I'll press OK, but it won't recognize the press, then it will go into motion detection. Only then can I get the unit to power off.

Considering these experiences, I think if I need to replace this unit in the future, I will try a different brand. For now it works, despite the annoyances I've just mentioned.

Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface
Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface
Offered by DiscountCentralOnline
Price: $48.99
73 used & new from $38.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as easy as they'd have you believe., October 26, 2014
It's supposed to be plug and play, but it's not. I'm sure someone who is versed in under-the-dash wiring can get it installed, but I couldn't get it to work. I've pretty much given up the dream of running my after-market stereo from my steering wheel.

FroliCat BOLT Interactive Laser Pet Toy
FroliCat BOLT Interactive Laser Pet Toy
Price: $17.95
49 used & new from $7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars great toy, needs DC adaptor plug., August 24, 2014
Wonderful cat toy. The only flaw is that ir cannot be plugged in. This is a problem because it requires higher milliamp batteries (read: new alkaline batteries). Rechargeable batteries don't have the strength to keep this laser fully illuminated when it's in motion. Other than that, our cats love it.

Acer C720 Chromebook (11.6-Inch, 2GB & 32GB SSD)
Acer C720 Chromebook (11.6-Inch, 2GB & 32GB SSD)
3 used & new from $542.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not for Office professionals., August 24, 2014
Decent laptop replacement. However, I find the Google apps which are supposed to be analogous to Microsoft Office are actually subpar, and very difficult to figure out how to simple things like setting margins.

Aussie Aussome Volume Styling Gel, 7-Ounce Bottles, Pack of 4
Aussie Aussome Volume Styling Gel, 7-Ounce Bottles, Pack of 4
Price: $13.72
7 used & new from $13.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This!, February 16, 2014
My favorite! It is getting harder and harder for me to find in stores! Love the texture it gives my hair

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9