Profile for A. Estes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Estes "angnyc" RSS Feed (New York, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Sterling Silver "Mother and Child" Pendant Necklace, 18"
Sterling Silver "Mother and Child" Pendant Necklace, 18"
Price: $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, December 12, 2013
This necklace is more beautiful than I expected for the price. It is perfect. I plan to wear it every day.

amFilm HTC One M7 Screen Protector (2013) Premium HD Clear (3-Pack) [Lifetime Warranty]
Offered by TechMatte
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to apply, protects well, December 9, 2013
This screen protector is pretty easy and intuitive to apply. It's always a process the involves precision and concentration and this protector seemed easier than I expected. I didn't watch the installation videos as I thought it was straight forward. Seems to be doing a good job protecting the screen.

Umbra Basin Dish Drying Rack, Smoke
Umbra Basin Dish Drying Rack, Smoke
Price: $29.72
5 used & new from $24.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Designed to sit in sink, not next to sink, October 31, 2013
I like the look of this dish drying rack and I like it in theory, but I wish the bottom drain routing was an inch or two longer. I would like to set this on the side of my sink and let it drain into the sink without actually putting it into the sink. I live in a small New York apartment and have only a single sink basin. Several times my countertop has ended up with water all it and soaked papers and other items nearby. I bought this dish drying rack because I didn't want to have to put a towel or mat down and I like the idea of draining into the sink, but it's just not working very well. I think you must actually put it into the sink the way it's designed.

N'ice Caps Boys Sherpa Lined Micro Fleece Embroidered Hat and Mitten Set (2T-4T, black)
Offered by Nice Caps Accessories
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, soft, fits well, October 31, 2013
I love this hat and mittens set. Can't believe how soft they are. They seem to be very warm and my son loves the little vehicles on them. I am very happy with this purchase especially for the price of only $12.

Kamik Waterbug 5 Cold Weather Boot (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid),Charcoal,9 M US Toddler
Offered by Planet Shoes
Price: $60.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not well lined, difficult to get on, October 31, 2013
I compared these boots to the Sorel's my son had for last year and wished I had bought Sorel. First, the inside liner of the Sorel boots is connected with a stretchy material in the front, whereas the Kamik's have a big open gap. The Sorel's also have a thicker padding around the top of the boot whereas the Kamik's have no padding at all; I don't think they'll be as warm. The Kamik boots seem more suited to be rain boots than winter boots. Also, I don't know what it is with my son's feet, but I have trouble getting him in boots of all brands I've tried. He always complains that they are uncomfortable--I don't know if they squeeze his feet too much or what--and I have a horrible time getting him into them and keeping them on. I haven't found any brand that seems to fit his feet right. My son just grew into size 8 and I bought these boots in size 9.

UPDATE: I returned these boots as when it came time to wear them, the size 9 was way too small even though he still wears a size 8 shoe. I'd order these boots up 2 sizes.

Keen Coronado Print Sneaker (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid),Gargoyle Sharks,8 M US Toddler

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute but uncomfortable, October 31, 2013
Cute shoes, but the tongue would be easier to keep up when you put the shoe on with if it were about 1/2 inch longer. The shoes are very stiff and have given my son blisters as he's breaking them in. The sharks on the side of the sole are coming off after only two weeks. I prefer the high top Keen's and won't buy this style again.

Lucid® by Linenspa 2" Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper 3-Year Warranty
Lucid® by Linenspa 2" Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper 3-Year Warranty
Offered by LinenSpa
Price: $279.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but HOT, October 2, 2013
I bought this topper because I'd been having lower back pain when I woke up. My back pain is gone but I wake several times in the night so hot and sweaty. I can literally feel the heat coming back at me like I 'm sleeping on a simmering stove. Also, two smaller gripes: the edges do not taper as advertised, and the "memory" potion of the memory foam is questionable. It feels more just like foam-foam. My last mattress topper was $25 at Target and it had more memory foam and no heat retention. I upgraded to a larger bed and unfortunately that pad is no longer available at Target. I may need to replace this one after this winter because I cannot imagine sleeping on it during a hot NYC summer. Don't be fooled by the seller's statement that this topper is actually worth $300. No one in their right mind would pay that for this piece of foam.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2013 10:12 AM PDT

Goldbug Animal 2 in 1 Harness, Frog
Goldbug Animal 2 in 1 Harness, Frog
Price: $11.85
19 used & new from $11.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a backpack, but a cute harness, October 2, 2013
This item is definitely not a back pack and I think it's strange they advertise it as such. It can't hold anything, but it is a cute harness that my son will sometimes agree to wear so I can keep him safe in NYC without a stroller.

Combi Cabria DX Lightweight Stroller, Sutton Place
Combi Cabria DX Lightweight Stroller, Sutton Place
Offered by CapitalKidz
Price: $159.00
4 used & new from $159.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels flimsy, child's feet can reach front wheels, May 14, 2013
I did so much research for a stroller that would be good for both public transportation and long walks through NYC. The stroller had to have a shoulder carry strap, weigh under 15 pound, have a large sunshade, have a reasonable storage basket, and be self-standing. The first time I used this stroller I thought it felt flimsy but for the price, the features are great. My son just turned 2 and is 31 pounds, 38 inches tall; I'm not sure how long he'll be able to use this stroller. He slides forward on the seat and either puts his feet on the wheels or on the sidewalk causing the stroller to stop and almost dump him. I have tried to adjust the straps tighter and now they are so tight they are not very comfortable for him. The straps are also not easy to adjust. He can still touch the front wheels with his feet and the footrest is too high so he dangles his feet to the sides of it. The unfold is very easy but I still struggle with the two-handed fold. I'm also worried that the plastic piece that keeps the folded stroller locked will break off easily the first time I gate check it on an airplane. I wish I had returned this stroller and gotten the UppaBaby G-luxe. It has fewer features but appears to be a better all-around umbrella stroller for NYC.

UPDATE July 2013: I still struggle with my son's ability to touch the front wheels with his feet. One major design flaw is that the back of the seat, which feels like cardboard, can be pulled pretty far forward when he leans and there is no way to prevent this no matter how tight the straps. I still regret buying this stroller.

UPDATE DEC 2013: I sold this stroller and the first buyer returned it to me because it was so wobbly. I sold it again for $40 which is about what the stroller feels worth.

Hanna Kay Premium 100% Waterproof Mattress Protector ,Hypoallergenic - 10 Year Warranty Queens Size
Offered by Perella's
Price: $69.95
6 used & new from $14.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems good, but I haven't spilled on it yet, May 14, 2013
This mattress protector is what I expected and seems good. I won't really know for sure until I spill something on it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6