Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Nameless Faceless One > Reviews

Browse

Nameless Faceles...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 333

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nameless Faceless One RSS Feed (Holbrook, NY USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AcuRite Color Weather Station with Forecast/Temperature/Humidity/Moon Phase/Intelli-Time Clock (Model 02022WB)
Offered by Dreamz!
Price: $43.99
17 used & new from $30.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in class, May 25, 2016
I've had this for only a few days but am thrilled with it. For less than $50 I've got a wireless indoor / outdoor thermometer, barometer, and hydrometer. These sensors are fairly accurate for temperature. if you put the remote next to the main unit for 20 minutes they should read about the same. If the display is too dim, the button on top toggles through three levels plus "auto" which dims at 9pm. I keep it on the DIM setting all the time and it's plenty bright enough to read indoors without being garish, with the added benefit of being able to sleep with it at that intensity. There are no flashing icons, which is why I chose this over the competitor. The color display just looks wonderful.

For those who say the viewing angle is bad - yes, LCD displays are notorious for poor viewing angle problems. You need to look at the display straight on for a unit in this price range. I'm sure if you spend 4x the price you can find a weather station with a nicer display. As for the forecast, be realistic. It reads the barometric pressure and humidity and take a stab at it. It does not have access to 24hr weather models and high speed computer processing. When the pressure drops sharply, rain is in the forecast. It's not rocket science. If you want to know the current weather, look out the window.

It also has a clock, calendar, and phase of the moon graphic.

oh - one irritating thing, tho. It has a wall hanger with a curved back. With the power cord plugged in, there is a rubber bumper on the back of the connector which I guess was added to keep it level on the wall but it doesn't do a good job. I found I needed to add some stick-on rubber bumpers (you can find them as picture frame hardware) in just the right place to keep the display level while hanging. This keeps it from getting knocked over onto the ground.

Corsair Voyager Air 2 Plus Wireless Mobile Storage (1 TB) With Ethernet (NAS), iOS and Android, Black (CMFAIR-VA2P-1000-NA)
Offered by Gr8Deals4You2
Price: $169.99
7 used & new from $103.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Network Attached Storage, May 19, 2016
I bought this for a NAS drive to plug straight off the router with an Ethernet cable - great price for 1T of storage to free up my local USB drives on the Mac. If you're trying to use this as a wireless media server your experience may vary. Setup was intuitive only if you've done this before. The included manual was just a quick setup which left out key pieces of information, like the IP address of the web interface - which was in the pdf I found on the net.

It did *not* just just show up on the Mac's network. It did not show up on the router's DHCP list either. I needed to connect wirelessly and enable Ethernet pass-thru for it to show up. There's no way to enter a static IP so I entered that into the router's table, re-plugged the drive and changed the SSID and enabled a password. At one point I needed to reboot the Mac which wouldn't update the attached server. Once everything was setup it appears solid. Rebooting or hibernating, the drive comes right up without needing to connect via AFP:// or SMB:// It's just there on the external server list and the connection is fast. Transfers about 30gig in an hour on my LAN.

The web interface is kinda primitive but has a couple of goodies, like a Google Drive and Dropbox app built-in. Extremely easy, the easiest part of the setup. Via the web interface I enabled Dropbox, logged in, copy/pasted the key, and the drive began to sync after creating a folder. Done. What I love about this is drive does not share my bandwidth, CPU, or physical drives for sync'ing. it's done in the background while the computers are all shutdown. Dropbox mirrors the drive with a 30day archive of deleted files. If the drive fails, nothing is lost and will sync up again when I replace it.

Via the Dropbox app I have 1T of storage and photographs on my phone with seamless transfers between phone, tablet, and desktop with a virtual drive while roaming. Never again do I have to "wait until I get home" and turn my desktop back on to access files or leave my desktop running 24/7 to access files. Don't have to mess with FTP servers and cumbersome sync issues between devices.

update 5/21/16

Connected to the Mac with the latest operating system I cannot copy files over 2gig over the LAN. I believe the cause is that Apple wrote their own SMB2 protocol which does not play well with NAS devices. I've tried forcing it to SMB1 but without luck. The drive still does what I want it to do sans the 2-4gig size files.

Pelican 0915 Black SD Memory Card Protective Case Replaces 0910
Pelican 0915 Black SD Memory Card Protective Case Replaces 0910
Price: $18.49
168 used & new from $16.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Really dissapointed, May 16, 2016
Overpriced copy of other wallets, I could have bought this for a fraction of the price if it didn't have the Pelican name on it. wow, did I get burned. After I put the cards in and close the cover, just a tiny bump and all the cards pop out of their slots and rattle around. Every time I open the thing I have to push all the cards back into their slots. What's the point? I should have read some of the bad reviews before plunking down money on this but like many others I was duped by the brand name. Shameful.

Logitech Wireless Mouse M525 - Black/Grey
Logitech Wireless Mouse M525 - Black/Grey
Offered by NeuTech USA
Price: $29.88
96 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like a wired mouse without wires, April 18, 2016
I replaced my wired Kensington mouse after it started getting "weird." I wanted a mouse for my Mac Mini which didn't require special software. This fit the bill nicely. So many nice features such an effortless scroll wheel, big AA batteries for long life, yet compact and easy to hold. Logitech really has perfected the wireless mouse. There is no noticeable delay if the mouse is sitting a while. It's fast and accurate, easily tweaked for resolution and acceleration. I even put the USB receiver on an unused port of an external USB 2 hub and haven't had a problem.

If I had to say something negative, I'd say the scroll wheel can take a bit getting used to - but, it's so responsive such as zooming in and out with Google Maps.

I also own the Logitech wireless thumb trackball which is excellent, although not as tailored to photo editing and games.

Capresso 485.05 MT600 Plus 10-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe
Capresso 485.05 MT600 Plus 10-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe
Price: Click here to see our price
35 used & new from $70.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong, April 13, 2016
After 2.5 years of flawless service the coffee maker is still going strong. I'd say I've already gotten my money out of it. The coffee tastes great but it started to develop a burnt taste. I cleaned it. ah, that did the trick, Cleancaf and Dezcal Combination Pack I was looking to upgrade to a fancy model which also made espresso but decided to keep it.

Some of the bad things you've heard are true. Yes, the warming plate doesn't get very hot. That's a mixed blessing because you don't want to boil your coffee after its brewed. Just 1 hour past the brewing cycle I notice the off-taste with the warming plate kept on. I turn the warming plate off then microwave my additional cups to get them hot. Yes, it dribbles. Odd. I keep mine on the edge of the counter so the sink catches the dribbled water. Not a deal breaker.

After looking at so many other replacement models I decided that I will continue with this model until it no longer works.

Prodyne Pepperpro Smart Grind Stainless Steel Automatic Pepper or Salt Mill
Prodyne Pepperpro Smart Grind Stainless Steel Automatic Pepper or Salt Mill
Price: $23.88
20 used & new from $13.06

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one I've ever purchased, March 31, 2016
There are many designs of battery powered pepper mills. Finally someone got it right. Here is where this mill excels where others fail.

1) Powered by 4 AA cells rather than under-powered AAA cells.
2) You can refill it without the batteries falling out.
3) The opening is nice and large to accommodate peppercorns of all sizes.
4) The adjustment is fast and easy.

If I had to say one thing bad about it, I'd say the range of grind is too large - should have more adjustment on the fine grind end. I use either 3 or 5 for most things.

You can't go wrong.

Case Logic SLRC-206 SLR Camera and 15.4-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black)
Case Logic SLRC-206 SLR Camera and 15.4-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black)
Price: $90.99
15 used & new from $59.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Tripod mount useless, March 31, 2016
I purchased this specifically for the tripod mount on the side, which turned out to be the least thought out design of this pack. It's nothing more than 2 flimsy hook and loop straps with nothing to hold the weight. I'm carrying a monopod which slid down below the bottom of the pack, causing it not to stand on its own anymore. Also, the inside of the straps are not covered completely with the hook and loop material meaning I cannot make the loops tight around the monopod or single leg of a tripod. This caused it to flop around which, in a crowd of people, is sure to klunk other people in the head. It seems like someone added it as an after-thought making the tripod mount is totally useless.

The arm straps are a bit snug on me even expanded completely. There is also no chest strap, meaning the arm straps tended to slide off to the sides as the weight of the pack slipped down uncomfortably down my back, even when empty.

The other features were excellent, including the top-load easy-access compartment on the top. It's very lightweight despite the ample interior padding. But, it's bulky and doesn't do what I want it do so I had to return it.

Shipwreck Beads Electroplated Brass Spring Clip Swivel Clasp, 18 by 30mm, Metallic, Copper, 3-Piece
Price: $6.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a pocket watch, February 12, 2016
These are high quality clasps for jewelry, perfect for a pocket watch or handbag clasp. They are not for walking the dog as someone else suggested. I use them for small flashlight lanyard clips. They look just like the larger clips and they appear to be strong and reliable as well.

Boshiho® Multi Purpose Notepad Leather Padfolio Organizer Travel Portfolio with Inside Pocket (A4)
Offered by Boshiho
Price: $32.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, January 31, 2016
I was looking for a clipboard classy enough to hand to customers - something in leather which did not look like I was "checking the meter." This fit the bill. The feature which was most desirable was the strong magnetic clip which holds documents without embedding teeth marks into the paper. There are pockets for brochures, although business cards will need an additional pocket pocket so they don't fall out. A zipper would have been desirable but it would have added too much bulk - this is slim, lightly padded with a hard writing surface and exactly fit my needs.

Thunderbird Butane Pipe Insert for Flip-Top Lighters
Thunderbird Butane Pipe Insert for Flip-Top Lighters
Offered by Stock Your Home
Price: $12.44
7 used & new from $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Never had a problem, January 17, 2016
I bought several of these a few years ago. They've always worked reliably and none have ever leaked fuel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20