Profile for Nameless Faceless User > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 269

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nameless Faceless User RSS Feed (Holbrook, NY USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fan-Tastic Vent 01100WH Endless Breeze 12V Fan
Fan-Tastic Vent 01100WH Endless Breeze 12V Fan
Price: $67.97
12 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and performance, July 30, 2014
You just can't ask for a better 12v fan than this. The cable is heavy, components are well made, and for about 1 amp of current this fan really moves the air. I was a little apprehensive considering the price, but was pleasantly surprised how much air I could move on such little power.

My only complaint is the cord a bit too short to be practical.

BESTEK 12V 24V battery clip on cigarette lighter socket extension cord MRS301A
BESTEK 12V 24V battery clip on cigarette lighter socket extension cord MRS301A
Offered by laszpower
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made but..., July 30, 2014
High quality components and heavy gauge wire. I have one issue with them, the socket is just a tad too big and several mating plugs I have do not have enough friction to keep a good connection. I swapped out the socket with a different one.

Personna Toolworx 3 1/4" Toenail Clipper TX34330
Personna Toolworx 3 1/4" Toenail Clipper TX34330
Offered by SalonGuys
Price: $9.69
3 used & new from $9.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, July 26, 2014
I'd never think that I would be writing a review about a toenail clipper. But, here we are. I've gone through many cheaper ones. The last plastic clipper fell apart in my hands and I surfed around for a metal replacement. I didn't know they came in stainless steel. Bathrooms are damp and have caused many previous clippers to rust. I'll bite and see how this stainless steel one works for me.

It feels good in my hand. The cut-outs allow a good grip, important when using sharp objects near my body. There's an emery board built into the body, not a swing out type which I've always found annoying. The action is smooth, like a precision instrument.

The bad points? It's a bit more expensive; but, you won't be disappointed with the quality.

Coffee Whole Bean Organic Certified - New York, New YorkTM House Blend Medium Roast - Pure 100% Arabica Coffee -Freshness Guaranteed - 2 Lb Bag - Neville's Coffee, A Great Way To Wake Up In The Morning!
Offered by neville's
Price: $27.94

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect coffee, July 25, 2014
A coffee drinker's coffee. If you are the type to judge a restaurant by their coffee, this one is for you. Rich, shiny black Arabica beans, full of flavor, strong taste and excellent body without bitterness. And, as I found out, backed by excellent customer service who really takes pride in their coffee. It is unlike the popular coffee shop chains, far superior to supermarket coffee. This is honest gourmet coffee roasted by people who know their trade.

If you are new to gourmet coffee, try the medium roast and use a bit less than what you are accustomed to.

Carpet Fresh 280225 No-Vacuum Aerosol Foam Carpet Odor Eliminator, 10.5 oz. Fresh Scent Fragrance
Price: $8.33
2 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, July 19, 2014
I had a bedroom which smelled like a locker room. The first step should always be to clean. Don't take shortcuts. Rent or buy a carpet steam cleaner, BISSELL ReadyClean PowerBrush Full Sized Carpet Cleaner, 47B2 which will take you 85% of the way there. Once you're done cleaning, use this carpet fresh sparingly. It's got a great, fresh scent although it doesn't seem to last too long - probably a good thing since no smell is the best smell.

GTMax Car Charger for Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T, Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101, Prime TF201, TF300 with Cable Tie
Offered by BlueMall
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet gadget, July 19, 2014
This works fine with my Asus Transformer tablet. I had first searched for an Asus car charger and was surprised that none exists. Here's one at a great price and works well.

RCA DHT235A 3.5-Inch LED-lit 720p 60Hz TV (Red)
RCA DHT235A 3.5-Inch LED-lit 720p 60Hz TV (Red)
Offered by AceElectronix
Price: $49.95
4 used & new from $42.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a decent digital TV, June 17, 2014
Just amazing reception, clear picture, and (fairly) easy interface. I am 50 miles from the nearest transmitter and can still pick up a few stations with the whip antenna, but not very well. This is for emergencies after the storm knocks out all the electricity, phone, internet, and cable television. Here's the good and bad:

Good:

Runs on ordinary AA batteries. No rechargeable built-in battery to run out during a power failure.
Excellent sensitivity capable of picking up signals where I would never expect possible.
Great color and picture.
Easy controls - not the best, not the worst, I can kinda figure out what button to press.

Cons:

5v adapter input rather than what should have been a mini-USB.
Really oddball external antenna input.
Built-in antenna very delicate and I expect to break it in the near future.

Here's how I overcame the reception problem. I purchased an external flat digital TV antenna to put in the window, 1Byone® 0.02" Paper Thin Digital Indoor TV Antenna Aerial Ultra Thin Lightweight Soft Design with High Gain and Low Noise Excellent Reception for Digital Freeview and Analog TV HDTV Digital Terrestrial Signals Type#0185 I chose the passive type rather than amplified because, again, it's for when the power goes out. To connect it, you'll need one of these, RF Antenna Adapter for RCA Portable TV

The antenna says it's good for only 35 miles. I'm picking up a signal from 50 miles away and get 3 or 4 stations, one of them being good for network news.

This little TV is going into my "oh darn" box for when all else fails.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2014 7:01 AM PDT

Her
Her
DVD ~ Joaquin Phoenix
Price: $14.99
65 used & new from $6.89

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best I've watched in a long while, June 14, 2014
This review is from: Her (DVD)
I felt the need to write a few words about this film after the feedback. Ignore the negative comments. Perhaps it's billed incorrectly as a sci-fi thriller where the operating system of a computer becomes a sentient being. uhh, yea, kinda; but, not the reason to watch. If you're expecting anything science-fiction-ie, you're going to have a bad time.

What I see is a collection of metaphors, how we deal with technology, how we deal with people, how technology is becoming a part of our lives, how we see each other, our full-time connection to the Internet, what is to be human, what it is to be machine. Then, the film takes some of these concepts and lets them run off the rails like an out of control game of The Sims to see how far the simulation can go until it becomes absurd.

Perhaps those negative comments come from those too young, who not yet experienced a real human relationship, spending too much time in the basement playing video games. This movie more for adults who can spot a relationship running amuck or those little clues that you need to put some space between you and the woman you're dating - immediately.

Or, perhaps this illustrates what can happen when we don the video glasses and talk to our cell phones like they're human.

It's a love story which has only one person in it.

Clanmou Protection Leather Case Camera Bag/Cover for Leica C -Leica LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 12MP Digital Black + Shoulder Strap

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice case with issues, May 10, 2014
It's a nice leather case with stitching and antique brass accents. One thing, tho. This case jams up against the control ring around the lens making it impossible to turn. In 80% of the camera functions, you will never need to use the control ring. If you don't use any of the manual functions and just use it for point-n-shoot then it's not too much of a problem. Else, you're out of luck if you want to turn the control knob.

Watson Duo LCD Charger with 2 D-Li90 Battery Plates
Watson Duo LCD Charger with 2 D-Li90 Battery Plates
Offered by iStockOnline
Price: $79.95

1.0 out of 5 stars You got me, April 19, 2014
How difficult is it to charge a battery? I was lured in by the fancy LCD display and cool features. I even purchased a pair of Watson batteries to go with my Watson battery charger. With one Pentax D-LI90 and a pair of Watson batteries fully charged I set up for a photo shoot. My main batter was showing 50% so best to swap to the FULLY CHARGED spare, at least according to this wonderful charger.

I installed the battery and was greeted with a 0% remaining warning on my Pentax. I double-checked with the charger which said 95%. That won't work so I pulled out my other Watson battery which the Watson charger said was fully charged. The camera wouldn't even power up, but squeaked out enough energy to say, "Battery Depleted" on the LCD. Wow. Two dead batteries and one battery at 50% with a photo shoot happening in less than 2 hours.

I scrambled to find my far more primitive battery charger in my gadget bag and plugged it into the wall socket. I actually saw sparks as the battery desperate for juice hungrily began to charge at maximum current on the Pentax charger. I can only hope it charges enough in the next 2 hours, and holds that charge, enough to get me through this photo shoot.

But first, I wanted to say, "Thank you so much for nothing!" It would be been better to have the charger smoke and die rather than to tell me everything is fine and I'm ready for a full day of shooting.

Just miserable.