Profile for Nameless Faceless User > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 274

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nameless Faceless User RSS Feed (Holbrook, NY USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Consumer Reports (1-year auto-renewal)
Consumer Reports (1-year auto-renewal)
Price: $29.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, September 5, 2014
Do not subscribe to this magazine. The publisher double-billed me, starting to send me renewal notices by mail, despite that I already paid through Amazon's on-line subscription manager. They shorted me 2 months. The very expensive subscription does not include access to their on-line website.

The renewal notices began just 2 months into a 1-year subscription, meaning that I was about to suffer nearly a year of harassment to renew.

For those who have not recently dealt with magazine publishers, failure to return a renewal card (from my own experience) has lead to being turned over to a collection agency and threats to damage my credit score. This forces me to answer each renewal notice with a letter explaining that I am cancelling the subscription.

Avantree Audition Over-Ear Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Noise Isolation Lightweight NFC Headsets / Headphones with Mic and 40 hours music/call time- Black/Red
Price: $69.99
33 used & new from $51.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, August 26, 2014
I'm very picky about my audio. These headphones are refreshing compared to others I have tried. Wireless audio devices typically sound muddy and flat to me. Not so with the Avantree. Bluetooth, stereo - finally. Feather light compared to others, I hardly feel them on my head. The sound is wonderful. I went through all the EQ settings on my iPad until I found the best fidelity. My setting is EQ on, setting "Flat." No need to pump the bass up for nice fidelity.

HyperDrive iUSBport2 Wireless USB Port Hub for iPhone, iPad and Android - White
HyperDrive iUSBport2 Wireless USB Port Hub for iPhone, iPad and Android - White
Offered by NatureScapes Store
Price: $98.95
5 used & new from $98.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, August 20, 2014
It's difficult enough to find something which works reliably to add a USB port or flash memory to an iPad. This gizmo gives you both. I installed a 16gig microSD card packed with .mp4's into the built-in slot, connected to it, and streamed using VLC on an iPad Mini in glorious HD without a single hic-up. This gives me unlimited media to stream while away from my PC and iTunes. VLC found the network drive instantly and connected to it.

The suggested app gave me some problems and wasn't intuitive to use. But, fear not - there are many protocols to choose from: HTTP, FTP, SMB, WEBDAV - just sweet. I installed the best FTP client for iPad and that suited me better. I was able to easily upload photos to the microSD card or USB flash card. I prefer the microSD card which seems more responsive and less clumsy than USB drives. One caveat: be sure to follow the instructions to dismount drives before yanking them out.

I had an odd issue with WiFi connection. It would attempt to connect and re-connect but I could not re-connect. I tried forgetting the network, powering the device on and off... what worked was rebooting the iPad and then it connected right up. I wouldn't rule out a bug in Apple's WiFi stack.

Only one disappointment. My original quest was for a WiFi USB DVD player for iPad. Why bother transcoding, translating, and copying when you can just drop in an optical disk into an optical drive? When I connected the DVD drive, the iUSBport2 correctly displayed the name of the device which connected to the USB drive. But, it didn't do anything with it. No drives were mounted. I'm suspecting this feature may be available with a firmware update. It might actually work if someone writes a DVD player app for iPad.

There's a sync with dropbox, but I couldn't connect to the internet while attached to the iUSBport2. For this, you need a local network - which, btw, it will support.

Sony NTMDA1 Digital Baby Monitor
Sony NTMDA1 Digital Baby Monitor
Offered by MallStop
Price: $25.00
17 used & new from $24.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Best little wifi destroyer out there, August 6, 2014
I think the performance is great - good audio, simple to use, the best monitor I've used.

Here's the rub. When I turn on the transmitter, my WiFi network bogs down to a crawl. There is way too much interference with my router.

5 in 1 Car Charger - 4 port 12V DC Cigarette Lighter Auto Socket Duplicator *Plus USB Port
Offered by Battery World
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I void warranties, August 1, 2014
I was looking for a reliable splitter made from quality parts. This one is is. Some of good features include a solid built plug with a blade type 15A fuse cleverly built into the handle, heavy cord, 4-way rather than 3-way and that extra socket can actually accommodate a genuine lighter if you're so inclined.

Mind you, cigarette plugs and sockets are a gimmick. It was never designed for electronic gizmos and such. If you have a device which has a plug which falls out of this, consider replacing the plug, not the socket.

Anyway, I bought this for an "off the grid" 12v battery system for when the household AC goes out. I wanted to charge my power-hungry smart phone - check; it has a nice 5v USB socket in the rear. And, lots of juice available (10 amps) for lights and other gadgets.

But, wow - that LED draws a lot of current. I nearly returned it, but decided to void my warranty ;) The front LED is connected via a 1k resistor to 12v. That equates to a healthy 12ma just to keep an LED lit which I didn't really need. There's an additional LED in the rear which tells you the status of the 5V USB port. I think there are just way too many LED's in gizmos these days, so a simple wire cutter dropped the current draw to almost nothing. If I wasn't lazy, I would replace the 1k resistor with a 10k easily to drop that blinding red light. - DIY'ers take note.

Fan-Tastic Vent 01100WH Endless Breeze 12V Fan
Fan-Tastic Vent 01100WH Endless Breeze 12V Fan
Price: $68.00
16 used & new from $55.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and performance, July 30, 2014
You just can't ask for a better 12v fan than this. The cable is heavy, components are well made, and for about 1 amp of current this fan really moves the air. I was a little apprehensive considering the price, but was pleasantly surprised how much air I could move on such little power.

My only complaint is the cord a bit too short to be practical.

BESTEK 12V 24V battery clip on cigarette lighter socket extension cord MRS301A
BESTEK 12V 24V battery clip on cigarette lighter socket extension cord MRS301A
Offered by laszpower
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made but..., July 30, 2014
High quality components and heavy gauge wire. I have one issue with them, the socket is just a tad too big and several mating plugs I have do not have enough friction to keep a good connection. I swapped out the socket with a different one.

Personna Toolworx 3 1/4" Toenail Clipper TX34330
Personna Toolworx 3 1/4" Toenail Clipper TX34330
Offered by Beauty Supply 4less
Price: $7.34
4 used & new from $2.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, July 26, 2014
I'd never think that I would be writing a review about a toenail clipper. But, here we are. I've gone through many cheaper ones. The last plastic clipper fell apart in my hands and I surfed around for a metal replacement. I didn't know they came in stainless steel. Bathrooms are damp and have caused many previous clippers to rust. I'll bite and see how this stainless steel one works for me.

It feels good in my hand. The cut-outs allow a good grip, important when using sharp objects near my body. There's an emery board built into the body, not a swing out type which I've always found annoying. The action is smooth, like a precision instrument.

The bad points? It's a bit more expensive; but, you won't be disappointed with the quality.

Coffee Whole Bean Organic Certified - New York, New YorkTM House Blend Medium Roast - Pure 100% Arabica Coffee -Freshness Guaranteed - 2 Lb Bag - Neville's Coffee, A Great Way To Wake Up In The Morning!
Offered by neville's
Price: $27.97

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect coffee, July 25, 2014
A coffee drinker's coffee. If you are the type to judge a restaurant by their coffee, this one is for you. Rich, shiny black Arabica beans, full of flavor, strong taste and excellent body without bitterness. And, as I found out, backed by excellent customer service who really takes pride in their coffee. It is unlike the popular coffee shop chains, far superior to supermarket coffee. This is honest gourmet coffee roasted by people who know their trade.

If you are new to gourmet coffee, try the medium roast and use a bit less than what you are accustomed to.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2014 3:03 PM PDT

Carpet Fresh 280225 No-Vacuum Aerosol Foam Carpet Odor Eliminator, 10.5 oz. Fresh Scent Fragrance
Price: $8.33
2 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, July 19, 2014
I had a bedroom which smelled like a locker room. The first step should always be to clean. Don't take shortcuts. Rent or buy a carpet steam cleaner, BISSELL ReadyClean PowerBrush Full Sized Carpet Cleaner, 47B2 which will take you 85% of the way there. Once you're done cleaning, use this carpet fresh sparingly. It's got a great, fresh scent although it doesn't seem to last too long - probably a good thing since no smell is the best smell.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20