Profile for j-rob-82 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 271

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

j-rob-82 RSS Feed (Virginia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Train, Train (Live Version)
Train, Train (Live Version)
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, November 24, 2013
This is one fantastic version and I highly recommend going on Youtube and looking for it. I think its a 1982 version or something like that but look it up and you can see these guys at it. I think its the same version as well. The live Train Train has some great energy to it and these guys no how to play tightly. I love it and if you like Blackfoot no doubt you do to.

14" 1 Hose MYA QT Black Hookah
14" 1 Hose MYA QT Black Hookah
Offered by Texas Hookah - Hookahs & Shisha Flavors
Price: $54.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for A First Timer, November 24, 2013
This review is from: 14" 1 Hose MYA QT Black Hookah
So I am not sure if this is the same Mya QT I have since it does look different but I just wanted to write a review. I have read some reviews on Amazon saying that it isn't actually the Mya QT that is pictured but as far as I can tell its close. I recommend buying from [...] They give you nice freebies and if you spend a hundred dollars you can get free shipping and though everything may be more expensive there you know what you're getting. I do recommend the Mya QT though since it is my first I am still enjoying it though there are a couple of nuances. Another note is I have the two hose version which I don't think is on Amazon.

First thing the hose does have an issue of falling out which may be an issue with the grommet. I found that if there is moisture inside the adapter it will pop out. I like to use ice in mine and causes the issue I think. Even without the ice I find its usually caused by condensation. Its not a constant problem but sometimes I have to keep putting it back in. Next problem is the bowl broke on the third use and I really wasn't using much force since I am extremely careful. I paid sixty something for mine which is a decent price but on the site I go to they give you two picks of shisha and a small box of coals. I recommend getting the hundred dollars in stuff since you can load up on shisha. I usually get the 50g containers so I can sample it. My favorite to smoke is actually one called Turkish Coffee and I have no idea who makes it though.

As far as what I like I would say just about everything else. It creates some great smoke and thus far I am enjoying it. All in all I am happy with it.

Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor
Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor
Price: $11.68
73 used & new from $5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Zombie Good? Me think so., April 23, 2013
I really don't like reviewing music much since everyone has different ears for what they like. I have not kept up with any music until a couple months ago I read Rob Zombie was releasing something new and I started looking forward to some new tunes. I have listened to a lot of Zombies music for around fourteen or so years now including White Zombie. Though I loved his White Zombie work the only album from Rob Zombie I can without a doubt say I love every song would be Hellbilly Deluxe. Every release after that I found I would like a couple tracks but it would eventually grow on me in about six months and I would end up liking a majority of it. I think all his later music is actually really good despite what a lot of people may think. I believe this album will be the same and I did listen to it a few times today since its a great way to pass car driving and have people look at you listening to your crappy music (at least that's what they think). Some songs sounded great and others not so good. The great ones I hear that get my foot tapping and or I listen to over and over such are Dead City, Ging Gang Gong, Revelation Revolution or The Girl Who Loved Monsters which are probably my favorites and then there are the other songs that I forget about quickly.

I don't care when bands change their sounds or the way they progress for the most part. I am not some kid who finds Rob Zombie flawless in fact I will say I don't like his movies one bit and some tracks on his albums leave me scratching my head. I have always enjoyed the horror theme he has had in the past and I think he's a musical genius for what he does. When I come to Zombie I want to hear something not found anywhere else and this album does have that and you will no doubt think the same. It is unique and the whole album flows together well. It just seems to be lacking a dark aspect or a certain edge that I have come to expect from Zombie. I guess I want to hear songs when I am thinking about I get a devilish grin then my foot starts tapping and I wanna eat some face. Who knows maybe I am just getting older and my musical tastes are changing up.

I will disagree that this is the best since Hellbilly or this is classic Zombie but it is a good listen nonetheless. I still recommend listening to this album since it is a good album and a lot of people will have it grow on them. John 5 on his screaming guitar and Zombie sounding like he's using a megaphone into a microphone yet it sounds good and you know its Zombie. So far I like about half the album and those songs are great but I am waiting to see if I can get into the other ones. I am sure it will grow on me and or at least I hope it will but if it does I will no doubt revise my review. Listen to it and you may love what Zombie has put out this time. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy your listening of the album.

Update:

After listening to the album pretty consistently over the past few days I went with four stars. It is actually a good album and so far I like all but I think two of the songs. Like with most Zombie albums when the chorus kicks in the song gets awesome and I found there to be a great dynamic what might sound like somewhat of a dull song. Kind of like Dragula or Superbeast when the chorus kicks in you're like "oh hell yeah." The album is really short by the way but in hindsight all his albums usually are. The vocals are another high point and they sound pretty awesome when they kick in and of course Zombie will not be able to recreate that live. It is still a supercharged album anyway and I would love to hear a lot of it live. I won't say its the greatest of his albums but by no means is it terrible.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2013 12:37 PM PDT

Floral Honeystix - Buckwheat - 100% Honey - Pack of 50 Stix - 250g
Floral Honeystix - Buckwheat - 100% Honey - Pack of 50 Stix - 250g
Offered by Farmstand Supply
Price: $12.75
3 used & new from $12.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Good But Not That Sweet, March 6, 2013
I really wanted to get some Buckwheat honey since I heard Dr Oz say it in a sentence. The issue I have is for an eight ounce or six ounce cup of tea I had to use around four to get a sweet taste from it. You could eat it by itself and it tastes decent like that but I don't recommend it. Usually the ways I eat normal honey does not work with this tea. You will notice the different taste which is more bold and stronger than normal honey. These stix just don't offer enough sweetness for me and having to use so many for my desired taste doesn't seem cost efficient. I think some people will love these along with the convenience of having them on the go is nice but they just aren't for me. I say try them and you might fall in love or maybe not but this is my experience.

LEGO Skeleton Reaper with Skeleton Horse (Loose) Castle Mini Figure
LEGO Skeleton Reaper with Skeleton Horse (Loose) Castle Mini Figure
Offered by Ender's Ark
Price: $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Piece, March 6, 2013
So I see this piece and its Death personified and I must have it to create a sense of despair to my other Lego minifigs. When I opened it I was slightly disappointed. The horse has no moveable parts despite looking so agile and the arms of the skeleton only move up and down. Of course with the right pieces you could make this yourself. I found I have all these pieces minus the white horse (though there is the exact horse that glows in the Mummy set) and the hood in my daughters Monster Fighters sets. The price in my mind should be eight or ten but if you have to have it than go for it. I don't hate the piece but this is the impression it gave me.

Dragula (??? Remix)
Dragula (??? Remix)
Price: $1.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, March 6, 2013
This review is from: Dragula (??? Remix) (MP3 Music)
So I have no clue what dub step is and I am not up on current music trends but this is the absolute worst remix in the history of this world and possibly that of an alternate universe. How can you take such a powerful song full of energy and turn it into a slow moving snail paced remix. Some may like it but my personally it sucks. I have heard other remixes and they are fantastic but this one grinds the ears to the point of spontaneous head explosion.

Mikasa Parchment Modern 10-Ounce Teacup
Mikasa Parchment Modern 10-Ounce Teacup
Price: $14.78
2 used & new from $7.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Cup but Steep Price, March 6, 2013
The Chinese embassy probably not be impressed with this cup but it is a kind of nice show off piece. I just got this cup and I must say it does look nice and a pretty look. But the issue is its not really sixteen dollars nice than again if it were a set of two or so it would be. The cup is more around eight ounces since I tried a 2/3 cup measure and almost filled it up so certainly not ten ounces. Sure the design looks nice but no one I don't think will think you paid this much for it. If you get caught up on things made in America and things in China this cup is made in China. I think for the price you may find it better served spent elsewhere but me personally I just wanted a nice tea cup to look sophisticated in while I drink my tea and smoke my corn cob pipe (seriously). So buy if you want but you might be disappointed.

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye(TM) 1 oz
Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye(TM) 1 oz
Offered by Morning Beauty
Price: $28.95
29 used & new from $21.25

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Man!, February 3, 2013
I am a man! I have found as I have gotten in my thirties (almost thirty one) my circles around my eyes are getting very bad. I have tried everything placenta, baby turtle baths, dog sweat and extract of mud. So seriously I mean it when I say I aged ten years what seamed like overnight and I use to have the face of a Greek god. You can look at pictures of me before they started to set in and I looked like a college kid. These things have aged me and I have no problem at getting older but I dont wanna look forty five when I am in my lower thirties. They don't concern me to the point of surgery because I am fine with them but wish I could hide them somewhat. Zeus cursed me with these genetics and I can see it in my kids eyes and I weep and I tear my garments.

Unfortunately my face decay found no hope with this product though I think you will like it if you have wrinkles to tighten. You dab a little and keep your face robotic for three to seven minutes give or take. My problem is I found it actually enhanced my circles making them worse and since I don't put makeup on over top it doesn't look very nice. It almost made me look sick though I am a pale white guy it made it look a tad worse. I wasn't expecting much and I simply don't wanna go out on a date night with my wife and have people compliment her on bringing Golem or the walking corpse to the party. I was not expecting a miracle and I have tried a few different ideas to try to lessen the effect of corpse face but nothing has worked yet.

I will say you can feel the stuff tightening and I could see my skin was smoother and tighter but not really what I needed. It would probably work for light wrinkles and the such but that's not my concern. Another problem was no matter how much I used you can always see a light white film on top of my skin. I tried a goop to a microscopic dot and always could tell. It might of been my own paleness enhancing the white but it was there and it looked like dry eye skin or something. I guess for the price its not worth it though I think it does have its place I wont buy again until my face turns more Cryptkeeper like. Give it a try and you may be surprised.

Stopmotion Explosion: Animate Anything and Make Movies- Epic Films for $20 or Less
by Nate Eckerson
Price: $24.00
37 used & new from $16.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great For Starting Out, January 14, 2013
First off let me say this book is helpful in giving you some tips in stopmotion but if you're already started than you may find it lacking what you need. The book will give you some useful information to get you started and some great ideas with free programs that will help you along the way. It is broken down very simple and I think most people will follow it really quickly and set it to the side. It doesn't get into much of the technical side of stopmotion but it will get you started in making simple movies and eventually as you get better the tips will help you make more complicated ones.

The most helpful thing I could find were the sections on flight and how to give the effect of smoke or muzzle flashes. The free programs it offers are very useful as well and a very inexpensive way to get started. I find myself still using the free programs so they are very nice to have. It also helps you get started using those programs as well and they are all pretty simple. I am still kind of a stopmotion buffoon but most the things found in this book I already knew. The main issue with a book about how to is really you can find most this information for free on the internet or Youtube. It is probably hard to make a book like this anymore with the Internet at peoples disposal. Don't get me wrong its a great book but don't expect to learn anything you couldn't learn for free. You should read it if you are new to stopmotion and you might find it very engrossing with a useful amount of information.

LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10")
LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10")
18 used & new from $10.49

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Expensive, January 14, 2013
This piece is essential for me to have and I don't see why they aren't included in the bigger sets. I am looking to start making some brick film with my daughter and will need a few more of these but at this price I will have to spend one hundred dollars to get what I need. I know if I spent that much I would be extremely disappointed in what I got in return so luckily I started with one. I will get more as I need them and find myself wondering why they make a bigger version for more.

The one issue I take is the price for what you get. The picture makes it look like you can play a game of football with friends on it but when you get it there is just this flimsy green board. It looks like it should be around six or seven bucks and the size is decent but for the price you will probably be expecting more. Keep in mind it will probably look smaller than you think when you get it so measure it out so you can get an idea. Overall I think you should get it but if you can find it cheaper you'll be a lot happier.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20