Profile for Sandra K. Stiles > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 796

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sandra K. Stiles RSS Feed (Sarasota, Florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Stop Being Lazy Right Now!: How To Break The Procrastination Pattern Forever !! Get Your Black Belt in Getting Things Done !! Improve your Life and Get Results !! WHY WAIT? CHANGE YOUR LIFE NOW !!
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Stop Being Lazy, June 26, 2014
The author writes about why we are lazy and gives some solutions. He pointed out that everyone is lazy at some point. I know that when it comes to exercise I am lazy. I procrastinate telling myself that I’ll do it tomorrow. Tomorrow never seems to come. I agree when he says we all need to be lazy once in a while. I don’t call it being lazy. It is that down time that we need so that we may rejuvenate ourselves. We need to find ways to organize ourselves so that we can stop procrastinating and become more productive. Overall I tend to overwork. Lately I’ve found I’m a little bit lazy about my writing. In this case I believe it is one of the issues mentioned in the book fear. My weight problem and lack of exercise stems from some health issues. Unfortunately like so many people it becomes a vicious cycle. I believe if I am going to read a book like this then I need to put action about behind it. I start my morning walking program tomorrow morning. I’ve even convinced my husband to join me.
So what is stopping you? Not sure? Get this book and read it. It’s got some good advice.

Painted From Memories
Painted From Memories
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Literary Read, June 23, 2014
As I started this book I wasn’t really sure what to expect. The book is written in such a way you must continue to read. You have multiple story lines throughout that are all intwined. We find Cat, a young scarred woman who has recently married. She has never told her husband of her past for fear he will find her hideous. As a child she watched her parents constantly fight. It culminated in her father killing her mother and then taking his own life. Her younger sister who was only two at the time never spoke again.

Then we have the glimpses into her life after her parent’s death. She and her sister are taken from the orphanage to live with a couple. You get from the short clips of memory that they were treated no better than slaves. All these things she’s kept hidden from her husband Gray. But hers are not the only secrets. Things take a drastic turn when a man named Rance steps up on her porch.

There is so much I could tell you but don’t won’t to. I’ve left out so many things so that you the reader will need to read the book. The book is written with such great emotion that you are Cat as that young child, hiding while her parents fight. I felt Cat’s pain, fear, isolation, and lonliness. This is one of those books where you feel such emotion and want things to turn out well for her. Barbara has once again taken the reader, thrown them into the middle of a situation letting them fend for themselves for a while before throwing them life saver. Well done.

I received a copy from the author in exchange for my honest review.

The Years of Zero: Coming of Age Under the Khmer Rouge
The Years of Zero: Coming of Age Under the Khmer Rouge
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars History you must learn about, June 21, 2014
The Zero Years were the years 1975 – 1979 in Cambodia’s history. This is when the Khmer Rouge took over Phnom Penh the capital. The author lived those years. He was one of eleven children in his family. Most of his siblings did not survive. His father was a professor. When the Khmer Rouge came in, Seng’s father had already heard rumors of what was happening to professionals and those considered the upper crust of society. The first group of soldiers came into their village with white flags claiming to bring peace. The next group came in bringing death. They were taken out of their homes and forced to walk for days with little rest or food. They were loaded on trains where they were packed so tight many died. Through all of this I kept thinking it reminded me of the holocaust trains. Seng had seen so many dead bodies that he eventually became numb to it. Seeing a body hung from a tree was just an everyday occurrence. This was just the beginning of the horror he would live.

This was the first I had ever really heard of the Khmer Rouge atrocities. It is sad to say this considering my age now. However, at the time this was starting I was 17 and really sheltered from all of this. We know of all of the people killed by Hitler. How is it that we don’t teach about the millions of Cambodians exterminated? How many more stories like this will we need to read before we finally learn to value life?

The book was well written. I felt like I was on that walk with him. There is so much more to this story. Some of it happy and some of it not. If you want to find out what happened to him and his family you will need to read this book. You definitely won’t regret it. You might even learn quite a bit.

I received a copy in exchange for my honest review.

The Last Confession of The Vampire Judas Iscariot
The Last Confession of The Vampire Judas Iscariot
Price: $6.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great twist on vampire stories, June 15, 2014
This was definitely different from what I am used to reading. After Judas hangs himself, the devil brings him back to life. To stop the burning and torment from hell he is told he must drink the blood of a human. This gives him power. Satan takes him from that time period and through many more to present day. He uses Judas to bring down those loyal to Christ. Judas is fueled on because he believes Jesus betrayed him by allowing himself to be crucified. However, you must read this book to see if Judas gets what he actively seeks for years. This is one of those books that as you read it you can’t stop. It has a great twisted ending.

I received an electronic version of this book in exchange for my honest review.

GRANDMA STINKS!
GRANDMA STINKS!
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, June 15, 2014
This review is from: GRANDMA STINKS! (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this story! It is told from a young girl's perspective. She is happy to learn her grandma is coming to live with her family. When grandma arrives and hugs her she realizes her grandma stinks. This brought back memories of my grandmother coming for a visit. My husband and I were to take her to a botanical garden. We came over the evening before the trip and found my father in his office crying. He had tried all day to get his mother to take a shower to prepare for the next day. She kept declining. He finally told her she had to take a shower because she stunk, and she did. She cried which broke his heart. Sometimes we have to do the hard things in life for someone's well being? So What did this little girl do? You'll need to read the book to find out.

Ben's Day
Ben's Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back childhood memories!, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Ben's Day (Kindle Edition)
In this fabulously illustrated book we meet Ben and journey with him through his first day of summer. He fills the roll of sportsman, diver, artist and so many more adventures. This a reminder of days long gone. Any parent reading this to their child will immediately be transported back to their own childhood days. Lots of great memories.

I received a copy from the author in exchange for my honest review.

Not Another Boring ABC Book
Not Another Boring ABC Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ABC Book, June 14, 2014
In this alphabet book Princess Nina takes readers on a trip through her adventures with the alphabet. She begins her journey by shooting apples off the head of alligators. This would be a great book to use in any classroom to teach alliteration. I teach sixth grade and believe this would be a great mentor text to use. Within each illustration is a list of words not only in the writng but also found in the picture. Great alphabet book and so much more.

Bear and Bunny Go To Dreamland
Bear and Bunny Go To Dreamland

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bedtime Story, June 14, 2014
When Bunny announces he is tired he asks Bear how they get to Dreamland and what he needs to take. Bear’s answer is quite simple and satisfying for Bunny. This is a cute bedtime story that is sure to relax your child and prepare them for their own trip to dreamland.

Counting from Creation
Counting from Creation
Price: $8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Counting Book, June 14, 2014
This is a smart book of twelve poems of events that we can read about in the Bible. It is a great way to teach a child to count, and an even better way to teach Bible truths to a child.
You can check out her website at [...]

Children's book:Truthy Ruthy: Children's books about how to deal with telling the truth for early and beginner readers (Picture Book for preschool children ages 4-8)(values book)(Truthy Ruthy series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Teach the Importance of the Truth, June 14, 2014
Ruthy had picked up a bad habit of lying to her parents and not following the rules. Her dad decided to teach Ruthy the importance of telling the truth. Her dad told her that from that point on it was okay to not follow the rules or tell the truth. Ruthy was very happy. He promises to buy her treats and play with her then does neither. Ruthy learns how important it is to always tell the truth.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20