Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for jes5199 > Reviews

Browse

jes5199's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jes5199 RSS Feed

Prestolite 218055 Endurance Plus Black Professional Grade Ignition Wire Set
Prestolite 218055 Endurance Plus Black Professional Grade Ignition Wire Set
Offered by Automotive Supply Inc.
Price: $28.91
5 used & new from $28.91

4.0 out of 5 stars These seem to work great. I broke one of the connectors trying to ..., May 3, 2016
These seem to work great. I broke one of the connectors trying to remove it, though, so maybe they're not all that durable? Maybe I did something wrong, though.

Zebra DelGuard 0.5mm Lead Mechanical Pencil, Black Body (P-MA85-BK)
Zebra DelGuard 0.5mm Lead Mechanical Pencil, Black Body (P-MA85-BK)
Offered by ZipanguCom
Price: $5.72
133 used & new from $5.00

2.0 out of 5 stars fragile, May 3, 2016
Well, it is a pencil. It's chunky, ugly, and the lead breaks constantly. One of the pencils actually broke in half while I was using it. I cannot understand why other people seem to like these.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2016 6:33 AM PDT

I, Slutbot
I, Slutbot
by Mykle Hansen
Price: $10.29
31 used & new from $9.21

5.0 out of 5 stars The next "War And Peace", April 18, 2014
This review is from: I, Slutbot (Paperback)
No, I haven't actually received my copy of this book, but yes it's clear that it will be the defining work of this generation, or rather of this century. Hansen's writing evokes Hemingway, Tolstoy and Shakespeare. A poignant and touching work that breaks down the dichotomy between man and machine, author and reader, sex object and appliance. Truly one for the ages. 11/10, I must really like it because I accidentally bought two copies.

The Light of Asia
The Light of Asia
by Sir Edwin Arnold
Price: $10.99
7 used & new from $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars low-quality print-on-demand publisher, November 22, 2013
This review is from: The Light of Asia (Paperback)
this is a really low-quality printing of this book. They seem to have pasted the publicly available text from somewhere like Project Gutenberg into a word processor, added a table of contents, and then run it through a print-on-demand machine. I think they're even using the default Times New Roman font. The image on the front cover is pixelated. It looks very unprofessional; I might as well have just printed it out myself on my laser printer.

The Highly Sensitive Person
The Highly Sensitive Person
by Elaine N. Aron
Price: $9.19
328 used & new from $3.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, Poorly executed book, July 22, 2013
I think Aron's idea of an HSP may be accurate, but the idea isn't big enough or detailed enough to justify the book. Aron fills the space by repeating herself.

I was hoping for more studies of actual people who have worked through disorders that come from having this temperment. Aron had very few examples of that - instead she alternates between descriptions of exceptionally happy people and exceptionally miserable ones, and her only idea about the difference between them is how good their mothers were. This is not helpful.

One Model Nation
One Model Nation
by C. Allbritton Taylor
45 used & new from $1.38

2.0 out of 5 stars Mystified, April 28, 2012
This review is from: One Model Nation (Paperback)
I can't make heads or tails of this book. I'm having trouble telling the characters apart, and I mostly have no idea what's going on.

Zazen
Zazen
by Vanessa Veselka
Price: $12.72
74 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't underestimate this book, April 24, 2011
This review is from: Zazen (Paperback)
Somehow, this book is simultaneously a funny story about someone leaving an academic ivory tower to join an over-the-top hipster/hippie subculture, and an intensely emotional portrait of the unsettling feeling you get when you think too hard about whether our modern society is going to survive (and whether it should be allowed to.)
Veselka's voice (as the narrator Della) has a lyrical but gritty quality that makes everything seem both startling and familiar.
I'm having trouble capturing this in a review, but so if you're curious, try googling for the serialized version of the story that appeared in an online magazine, or for the youtube videos of the author reading excerpts.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2011 11:48 AM PDT