Profile for Marc2912 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Marc2912 RSS Feed (New York)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Plane Quiet Active Noise Canceling Headphone
Plane Quiet Active Noise Canceling Headphone
Offered by Solitude Design - The Sound of Silence®
Price: $54.92
5 used & new from $51.04

1.0 out of 5 stars Too bad their made cheaply, June 5, 2014
I decided to take a chance on these even though worried from prior review with the swivel for the cups, the last thing I wanted to do was get an issue 2-3 months down the line. Instead I didn't make it near that far.

First impressions:
- Overall design is nice. I appreciate that they fold up pretty well for travel. A big plus.
- The button to pop the battery cover is excessively tight. Had a couple of female coworker try, none of them could open it, so this might be an issue for some.
- The cups are comfortable though they push down around the hears pretty hard. I'd be concerned that they would hurt after a while..
- The noise canceling feature seems to work pretty well. It dos NOT filter everything though and I'm not talking about loud noise, seems like high frequency noises are not handled well. The building AC, that's not that loud, seeps through very clearly.
- Noise canceling while listening to music definitely affects your music quality.

Problems:
After using the headphones for about 30 mins I put my head against my hand. I heard a crackle out of that ear cup. I then realized that by putting gentle ( I mean VERY gentle pressure, less than you would from having your head on a pillow) against the cup causes what I would describe as a short in the wiring in the cup. You get a lot of cutting in and out and crackling.. I understand that these are cheaper headphones but something like this just points to very bad manufacturing.

Still haven't decided if I want to chance a replacement.

Lamy Safari Fountain Pen, Blue (L14M)
Lamy Safari Fountain Pen, Blue (L14M)
Price: $22.51
43 used & new from $15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A great pen as always, Lamy doesn't dissapoint, March 13, 2014
Pro:
- Great price
- Writes well
- Nice simple pen that just works.

Cons
- Cheaper feel, my other Lamy (An Al-Star Fountain Pen, Purple(L29F)) is a metal shell which makes this plastic one feel cheaper.

Overall spend the $8 bucks and get the Al-Star if you can. Either are great buys.

Rubbermaid  21-Cup Dry Food Container
Rubbermaid 21-Cup Dry Food Container
Price: $11.35
25 used & new from $7.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Use them for grain flour and they're great, March 13, 2014
I use these to store 7 grain flour that I buy in bulk bags. They're great and seal well. Plastic doesn't feel cheap or week.

Multi-purpose Cable Clips, Multiple Color Options, Great Value, 6pcs/package
Multi-purpose Cable Clips, Multiple Color Options, Great Value, 6pcs/package
Offered by CZ-Two
Price: $1.94
19 used & new from $1.00

1.0 out of 5 stars great concept terrible execution, March 13, 2014
The idea is simple and good. Got 6 of these for my coworker who have headphone cables coming up from under their desk via the front of their desk. The double sided tape that's used on these clips stink. The tape stays on the desk but falls off the clip itself. Happened to every single one of these so far.

The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
by Zoe Francois
Price: $18.96
59 used & new from $14.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, February 18, 2014
Great book, I might bread with it everyday now. It's simple, easy and tasty. My SO and I are french (so we eat a LOT of bread) and love this recipes.

Del Rossa Women's Classic Fleece Hooded Bathrobe Robe, Large XL Pink (A0115PNKXL)
Offered by Alexander Del Rossa
Price: $49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars nice product but..., February 18, 2014
This product is nice and good quality but sized HUGE. If you're a lg get a medium otherwise you and your SO will fit it in together.

Great River Organic Milling, Organic Seven Grain Bread Flour Blend, 25-Pound Package
Price: $40.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it to make bread, amazing., February 18, 2014
I use this to make bread and it's great, of course you don't use it to replace the flour altogether. So far I'm doing a 6:1 ratio the bread is still extremely light. Going to up the quantity soon but I love this product.

Patisserie at Home
Patisserie at Home
by Will Torrent
Price: $18.81
55 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great picture, nice explanations., February 18, 2014
This review is from: Patisserie at Home (Hardcover)
Can't tell you how the recipes come out yet because I haven't tried yet but the book itself is very nice and well written. The fact that ingredients are sized in grams is a plus as it's much more accurate then measuring cups and such.

Starry Night Photo Purse Hanger Handbag Table Hook
Starry Night Photo Purse Hanger Handbag Table Hook

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as intended but could have longer arm for rounded edge tables, February 18, 2014
As the title says it works well but really would need to reach further on the table for all those restaurant rounded edge tables. Also could have a slightly longer arm since if the table is more than 1" tall it because hard to use and much past that will make it unusable.

Sony Mdr-E10Lp/Red Headphones - Fashion Earbuds (Red) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Electronics Warehouse Outlet
Price: $15.99
4 used & new from $9.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Red color is not red... it's pink, February 18, 2014
The ones that are described as red are really pink. Not that I'm not into pink but I had ordered a red product for that alone it lost all it's value to me. My GF has them now but says they're not very comfortable in the ear either...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5