Profile for M. Sombke > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Sombke "FiestyRedMS" RSS Feed (Little Rock, AR)

Lomographic Fisheye Number 2 Camera
Lomographic Fisheye Number 2 Camera
Offered by Quantum Wireless
Price: $60.99
26 used & new from $38.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun camera, but too pricey!, July 7, 2009
I am still trying to get the hang of this camera since I haven't used a 35mm in a very long time. Digital is all I have other than this. But taking pictures with it is so much fun. All the different effects and things you can do is great! They can come out absolutely beautiful or upon first glance really crappy, but then you take another look and you think, "That isn't so bad. I like how this camera makes things distorted and weird." I love the double exposure where images will overlay and look funky, as well.

The only thing is the construction is very flimsy, it's all plastic with a little bit of metal (if it's even that) around the frame. It looks like a toy camera a kid could buy in Toys-R-Us... I think it's a little pricey despite the great effects you get with it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, in a positive sense., July 7, 2009
I love this blow dryer. It's not as loud as others, it doesn't get hot and it doesn't fry my hair like cheaper dryers would do. I have very thin hair so I have to be careful on the amount of heat I put on it.

The Biggest Loser Total Body Bands
The Biggest Loser Total Body Bands

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not sturdy enough!, July 7, 2009
I mainly used the bands while working out to Billy Blanks' Cardio Blaster or Fat Burning DVDs. On some occasions I would use the bands doing my own routines. After about 10 uses with the bands, one of the loops that goes around your foot snapped. The rubber construction of these bands seem durable, but I guess not strong enough to last over a month of strength training exercises. These things should be able to withstand vigorous workouts - obviously not. I guess the loop was distressed after so many times of putting it on and taking off over my tennis shoe. I don't know. I loved the bands because they benefited in getting a complete workout that just punching the air or kicking without resistance won't do. I might buy some more, but I will make sure they have a warranty first.

Pursuing God: A Seeker's Guide
Pursuing God: A Seeker's Guide
by Jim Elliff
75 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Well informative for believers and non-believers alike., May 22, 2009
I read this just a few days after becoming a Christian. After reading this book I was truly convicted. Not only by the Holy Spirit's help, but by Jim's words on the page and what he had to say about God's law, love and also His wrath. It's a very simple, short read, but it puts Scripture (mainly the Gospel) into a perspective like I never imagined. After reading many of the chapters, I would often sit back and say, "Whoa." And then I would just praise God for His Son's sacrifice and for His mercy and His power. How can we not worship Him, the creator of all things and the One who knew us before we were born? He is truly amazing!

Belkin Sports Armband Case for iPod 5G (Dark Gray)
Belkin Sports Armband Case for iPod 5G (Dark Gray)

4.0 out of 5 stars Some flaws, but still a good product., May 22, 2009
A great product aside from a few flaws. It chafes the arm after a long work-out (I tend to wear it about an hour or so while exercising). Also when I received it, I had to cut off a part of the plastic covering the click wheel because it was so thick it wouldn't allow me to operate the iPod. Other than that, I have no complaints about it. It protects the iPod very well and it doesn't slip or slide off my arm during exercise.

Eccolo World Traveler Essential Collection 5 x 7 Inches Lined Journal, Tree of Life
Offered by Fine Keepsakes
Price: $10.99
5 used & new from $8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful..., May 22, 2009
I can't help but say the reason I bought this particular journal was because it reminded me of Lord of the Rings. Other than that, I've been searching for a good leather journal for a while. Nothing in the local stores interested me, but then finally I saw this. Not only did the price catch my eye, but the look of the journal. When I received it, it exceeded my expectations and I absolutely love everything about it. It's smaller than I realized, but I am very satisfied with the size because I can easily fit it in my purses to bring it with me everywhere. The pages are high quality and acid-free. I love the super-soft leather cover and it seems like it will hold up well through the years that I plan to use this journal for. I would definitely buy another one, for myself or for someone else.