Profile for E. Campisi > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 69

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Campisi "extrabooksalbany" RSS Feed (Baldwin, NY United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Skagen Women's 233XSSS Grenen Quartz 2 Hand Stainless Steel Silver Watch
Skagen Women's 233XSSS Grenen Quartz 2 Hand Stainless Steel Silver Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this watch, September 26, 2010
First, this is my third Skaagen watch. I lost the other two at the beach. I always get replacements because these watches are really comfortable and flat. The bands, with the fine steel mesh, are extremely light and comfortable. They never pinch or smell funny in the heat like some leather bands do.

I got this particular watch as a change from the other two I lost because I particularly like the mother of pearl watch face. It is on two levels - the center is slightly recessed from the edges. It is so subtle against the silver face.

One thing to note on most of these watches. Few of them have a second hand. This one has neither a second hand nor a date. I like the lack of a second hand because my eye is never tricked into seeing the wrong time. You may not however.

All in all, the watch is extremely attractive, easy to read, and very comfortable. I love it as much as my other 2.

Maxell CD345 CD Laser Lens Cleaner (Gold) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Maxell CD345 CD Laser Lens Cleaner (Gold) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
2 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Talks to you and saved me a new CD player purchase, September 5, 2010
I was having a lot of problems with my CD player skipping, refusing to play certain CDs, and randomly changing CDs. I thought I would have to replace it, which I didn't want to because it's a high-end one, and I just love the sound quality. In the process of shopping for a new player, I came across information on CD lens cleaners. People were saying that they saved their CD player. Well, it's true! Don't believe internet information that tells you that eventually the lasers give out! My 12 year-old CD player just had a dirty lens, it wasn't broken.

This one has little brushes on the underside that clean off your laser lens. Some reviews indicated that this was the only one they tried that the CD player accepted, so that was the reason I picked this one.

You put the CD in the player, in my case a 5 CD changer, and hit play. It then plays a little music and talks to you! When it's done cleaning your CD player lens it tells you and lets you continue for a sound system check - basically makes sure your speakers are hooked to the right channels. I was glad to hear that mine were indeed hooked up correctly.

Tonight I put in a CD that had previously skipped or gotten stuck on a part of a song. Will wonders never cease...it played perfectly!

Couldn't ask for a better product. Saved me a ton of money on a new, high end (I was going to choose a Yamaha) player.

Black & Decker DE790B 8-Cup Thermal Carafe Coffeemaker, Black with stainless carafe

3.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Not Hot Enough, Trouble with Consistency, April 17, 2010
I had this coffee maker for six months before going out and buying a Mr. Coffee thermal carafe coffee maker to replace it.

I really wanted to like this coffee maker, since it was a thermal carafe and at such a good price. However, it was disappointing. After a month or two I started to notice that the coffee wasn't very hot. I also started to be annoyed at my inability to make consistently good coffee - how many years have I been a regular coffee drinker, with no such problems -. I think the cups are labeled larger than my older makers so I had to add extra coffee to get the same strength coffee at similar cup counts.

The thing that made me switch in the end was the lukewarm coffee. You think it's hot and wonder why it's cold after 5 minutes.

Just used the new Mr. Coffee and the coffee comes out the way I used to make it, and is HOT to boot!

Sorry to diss this machine, but it's hurting as far as hot coffee goes.

One aside - thermal carafe coffee makers take a bit of getting used to because you can't see whether you have coffee in them or not. If you assume you have none left without checking you're liable to get a flood on your counter. Happened to me numerous times. Don't blame it on the coffee maker, reviewers, the problem lies with us!

Timberland Women's Woodbury Winter Boot
Timberland Women's Woodbury Winter Boot

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not as warm as advertised, February 9, 2009
What I really like about these boots is that fact that they are waterproof and the lining is shearling, which makes them feel a lot more snuggly than they look.

Like another reviewer, I also take a size 10 and found them a little too roomy at first - I got used to that and they also feel fine with thick socks, but at first I hesitated about keeping them. After I broke them in I decided they were comfortable, and didn't think about whether they were too big anymore.

My disapointment with these boots is that they are advertised for very cold weather, and they failed to keep my toes warm in below zero temperatures. I had these out in South Dakota in January and while they were fine for walking around in the snow, when the heat wasn't on full blast in the car my toes were cold. Ankles were always warm and cozy, but not the toes - I was reminded of ski trips in the family car when I was young and didn't have good enough boots.

I'm giving these boots 3 stars because they are advertised on the Timberland site as -25 below and they are not nearly that warm. If it hadn't been for that advertising, I'd give them 4 stars.

So, if you're getting these boots for $60 or less and just using them for shoveling or playing outside with the kids, or you usually are not out in below zero temps, you will be happy. But me, I wanted a truly warm boot, one that would keep my toes warm when it was -3 and colder. Instead, my toes were COLD!

Seiko Women's SXGN08 Gold Tone Watch
Seiko Women's SXGN08 Gold Tone Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, smallish band, June 20, 2008
This is a nice watch but as a person with a size large wrist, the expansion band was just a little too small.

Beware getting this from WatchZone. They have a restocking fee and if you go one minute over 30 days they won't take it back. Amazon has a much better return policy.

Citizen Women's EK3682-97P Bracelet Watch
Citizen Women's EK3682-97P Bracelet Watch
Price: $82.50
7 used & new from $78.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Much prettier than the photo, June 4, 2008
I was hesitant to buy this watch because the photo makes it look like it might be a very light gold color, or perhaps would be a pinkish gold. Nope, it's a regular color. It is nicely detailed and looks lovely on the wrist.

I gave this to my mother for mother's day, and she loved it. Generous expansion band that she had to get shortened - much better than being too small. Citizen is good quality, so all in all you will be very pleased with this watch.

Natural Compounds in Cancer Therapy: Promising Nontoxic Antitumor Agents From Plants & Other Natural Sources
by John C. Boik
Price: $30.40
44 used & new from $10.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent depth, sometimes difficult, but a vital reference, June 4, 2008
I just started reading this book. If you were wondering what supplements might help your cancer, and why, this is the one to get. I was always baffled by dosage, but it helps with that too. That's not to mention the great biological information on what cancer is and how it works. You can download this for twenty five dollars from the publishers website.

How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine
How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine
by Joseph E. Pizzorno
Price: $13.62
171 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely helpful, May 5, 2008
I really appreciate the fact that this book is research based and advocates complementary medicine. I feel it really helped me sort through treatment options and show me how I could help my mother after she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She's currently doing cyberknife therapy, and now I know which supplements can help her with radiation therapy, and what I need to give her now (I chose curcumin or quecertin, vitamins, Ip6 and Maitake mushrooms, and am a Reiki practicioner so I do Reiki on her every night. Even Reiki is mentioned in the book!).

If you're trying to figure out what to do, get this book first. It's also approved by the Cancer Treatment Centers of America, which practice allopathic along with naturopathic medicine in treating cancer.

Bearpaw Womens Suede Short Demi Boot
Bearpaw Womens Suede Short Demi Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE These Booties!, December 23, 2007
I was looking for Uggs, but they were too expensive. I had gotten a pair of the taller BearPaws with the lug soles but they were ever so slightly tight on my calves, which made them fit my foot improperly. And, as I just found out the lining in the taller black ones isn't nearly as soft and comfy as it is in these.

These booties are sooo comfortable. The lining is sooo comfortable that you won't want to automatically take them off when you get in the house (which I usually do with winter shoes). Now I know why Uggs are so popular - it's beyond a fad, it's heavenly comfortable.

These fit my size 10 foot perfectly without socks, which I don't intend to wear, as I would then miss out on feeling the wonderful lining. As you can tell, I can't say enough about these shoes.

Don't forget to get some waterproofing spray so you can keep these for years.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2008 4:01 PM PDT

Fuji FinePix E550, 6.0 Megapixel, 4x Optical/6.3x Digital Zoom Digital Camera
Fuji FinePix E550, 6.0 Megapixel, 4x Optical/6.3x Digital Zoom Digital Camera

2.0 out of 5 stars Takes Excellent Pictures but BREAKS!, November 17, 2007
I have now had this camera for 2 years. The quality of the photos is usually excellent, and you can set the ISO to 800 and take pics without the flash in dark places. Or so I thought until the other night when several vital pictures I really needed for a blog came out with lines across them. I went to Steve's Forums and sure enough, this is a common problem with the processor on this camera, even though apparently Fuji will deny this 'till its dying day. I've also started having some problems with the telescoping lens and fussiness with the on/off switch.

You'll be really happy for a while with this camera, but then it will break.

I expect any camera to last for more than 2 years. I will certainly NOT make my next camera a Fuji.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7