Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for poofybut > Reviews

Browse

poofybut's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

poofybut RSS Feed

Living in Your Top 1%: Nine Essential Rituals to Achieve Your Ultimate Life Goals
by Alissa Finerman
Price: $10.07
63 used & new from $2.19

3.0 out of 5 stars 27 of 29 reviews 1st timers, November 12, 2012
I am a person looking for help -BUT:
I am so thankful to responsible, smart people/shoppers like " Arizona Brit's & Whippet". Who noticed that, if checked, ALL 27 reviews (as of Nov. 2012) are from people whom these are there 1st reviews.
This is just bad marketing. It is NOT a coincidence that none of the reviews(except 2 & now 3 - mine) have NO previous review history. This is marketing MANIPULATION.
I am so irritated I am emailing the author so they are aware of what is occurring.

author response 11/13/12
Hello,

I am indeed grateful for the email and your time but I wish you had sent me an email first without posting a negative review on Amazon without reading my book. My book is a wonderful tool and really does give you a roadmap to make positive changes in your life. I am confident you will agree.

I'm disappointed you feel the reviews are not authentic and I'm glad that you emailed me but I have no control over what people write on Amazon or how many other reviews they have posted. It does seem that many of the reviewers reference specific content from my book and it's clear they have read my book. It's a very inspiring book and offers exercises to help you through the change process. On the front cover, I also have an endorsement from the bestselling author, Marianne Williamson.

Regarding first time reviews, personally I do not think it matters whether someone writes 1, 10 or 100 reviews and I have no control over how many reviews someone writes. The key factor is that they are honest with what they write and read the book. I do not know who the person is that started the thread that my reviews are fake, but this claim is upsetting and not true. And it's interesting to note, that the three negative comments are from people who have NOT read my book. It's especially hurtful since I spent 18 months working on my book and putting together a first class product to help others. As you know, anyone is welcome to read my book and post an honest review on Amazon and give it one to five stars. I give talks all over the country about the theme Living in Your Top 1% and people are interested to read the book and some post reviews. I have no control over what people write. But it's frustrating for people to post comments on Amazon without giving me the respect to even read my book and THEN post a fair review.

My hope is that you decide to read my book and then edit/re-post a fair and honest review. I am confident my book is one of the best purchases people can make to invest in themselves. You are welcome to email me again after you read my book if you do not agree that it is a quality book and helpful. My only request is for you to read my book and offer a fair review.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

my response to author 11/13/12
Thank you for responding. It does show that you care about your busines.

You are right, you do not have control over what people write & that is why i wanted you to be aware. I do not believe you are writing these reviews but whomever is doing your marketing maybe they are.

But, I disagree with you, it doesn't matter if you have 5 or 10 or more reviews but it DOES MATTER if you have only 1. There are many businesses out there who create personas to write reviews. It is it's own business these days. It is a new form of marketing. It is all about giving the customer a false sense of security "My product is good i have 20 perfect reviews (all created by a marketing team BUT you don't know that)"

You say often about FAIR. I am being fair. And I am being honest. I am fair enough to directly email you that i posted this. I have NOT commeted about your written word nor have i tried to make it seem that i have read your book. I have only commented that i do not believe all your reviews to be accurate. Every word i've written to you is honest & fair.

The 3 people who have posted negative comments probably have not read your book because we are not convinced. Why would we be convinced to trust when the reviews seem dishonest from the beginning?

I will be happy to work with you. I will update my post with the fact that you responded quickly and show concern
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2014 10:29 PM PDT

Casamoda Tornado Action Drink Mixer 16oz RED
Casamoda Tornado Action Drink Mixer 16oz RED

5.0 out of 5 stars Silly but NOT!, May 18, 2012
I bought this as a hah-hah gift but it's SO USEFUL.

I hate having sediment at the bottom of a cup. And, I hate a spoon that either gets set down on a countertop leaving a puddle or the spoon that slaps you in the face with every sip. This totally solves that. And, the cyclonic action really does make liquids (soups, coco's, etc) extra fun / entertaining / silly (for all ages, kids & adult children too).

Thought this was frivolous and would sit on a shelf but it's in constant use. Also, has been used for several months & still works great. Will totally buy another 1.

KitchenAid Pro Food Chopper, Red
KitchenAid Pro Food Chopper, Red
Offered by Dominic's Warehouse
Price: $42.95
5 used & new from $32.99

1.0 out of 5 stars You'll brake your hand, May 18, 2012
You have to slap this thing around like you hate it. If you have a lot of anger to release then this is for you.

The blades are dull and it's super noisy.

I thought this would save time BUT I can grab my knife and ninja things into regular sized pieces quicker then I can beat the veg / meat into submission (& with more consistent results too).

I'm SO CHEAP but I used this THING 1 time & threw it away. What a waste of $$$ & that makes me sad especially in this economy.

TravelJohn-Disposable Urinal (6 pack)
TravelJohn-Disposable Urinal (6 pack)
Price: $13.15
7 used & new from $6.96

5.0 out of 5 stars My savior - home plumbing disaster., September 24, 2011
House plumbing disaster. These things where indispensable.

These are amazing. No mess. No smell. It really does become a solid. You definitely could use these in the car for emergencies / long trips. Just stash them in a Ziploc bag & you would never know someone had peed in your car. LOL. Or use them like us when the plumbing goes cafluey in your house, Surprise.

And, they are very easy to use, even for us females, even standing up LOL.

I will always keep these in my home & will take them with me whenever I travel. Will definitely order again. A forever loyal customer.

Striker Magnetic Light Mine Hands-Free Flashlight
Striker Magnetic Light Mine Hands-Free Flashlight
Price: $5.96
16 used & new from $0.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not much light, September 24, 2011
My mistake - i thought the light would automatically turn on & off when in contact / disconnected from a metallic surface but TO MY SURPRISE there is a little on / off switch.

Cute but really wanted a device that was automatic to prevent waste of batteries / burnt bulb.

Plus, it produces very little extra light. Not enough light to work by. Would need 4 or 5 off these little thingies to really be functional.

Great as a stocking stuffer or novelty.

Wishful thinking: It would be great if the unit had lights all over it but there is only 1 small bulb.

Bracketron UCH-101-BL Universal Cup-iT II Mount with Grip-iT for GPS
Bracketron UCH-101-BL Universal Cup-iT II Mount with Grip-iT for GPS
Price: $12.50
94 used & new from $5.17

5.0 out of 5 stars hyundai elantra & droid perfect fit, September 24, 2011
Hyundai Elantra & Optimus Droid = perfect fit

This holds my phone securely. Sits snugly in the cup holder. Fits so well it's almost like it was custom made for the Elantra. But will work for any car or phone because the item is highly adjustable.

My phone is now easy to view & access.

I will always have 1 of these. Like it so much i'm gonna see if my husband wants one too.

Relaxso Stereo ASLEEP Pillow Speaker, Micro Fleece Violet
Relaxso Stereo ASLEEP Pillow Speaker, Micro Fleece Violet
Offered by Relaxso
Price: $24.95
2 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great. Exactly what i needed., September 1, 2011
Super comfy. Good sound. Can hear music and books easily. I use it w my Droid phone & it works perfectly. The cord is medium-ish. I could put the phone on a nightstand but I'm sure it would be pulled off in the middle of the night when I flop around. I leave the phone next to my pillow on the bed and it works perfectly.

I'm cheap so I though $18 + $5 shipping was a bit steep but it's worth it because I sleep so much better without a cord wound around my neck chocking me in the middle of the night.

Not alot of options out there for something like this. I am SUPER happy w this one & will definitly order again when this one goes to the great speaker in the sky.

NEW STAINLESS STEEL TRAVEL CIGAR CASE WITH FLASK
NEW STAINLESS STEEL TRAVEL CIGAR CASE WITH FLASK
Offered by TRADEMYGUN
Price: $11.95
5 used & new from $7.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a deal, September 1, 2011
I did my research and there was nothing else that even matched this in price. They look great in person. Perfect little something for the men to run around w for a bachelor party. Smokes and booze, to add to the mischief, and the rest probably can't be talked about.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars so - so & i tried to luv them, September 1, 2011
Strange smell. Washing the noodle does not completely get rid of the fishiness.

Strange texture. Chewy / Rubbery, but this I can ignore.

Strange flavor. No matter how much sauce or cheese I use It's fishy and I don't like fish.

Summary: I've tried for months to like these noodles. I can do them once in awhile but if I eat them more than 1ce a week the fishy flavor totally turns me off & the bags sit in my fridge until I through them out.

Conclusion: if you like fish then these noodles will be great for you. They are SUPER low fat / low carb. I sssooo whish I liked them. They seriously are guilt free eating if you like fish in your pasta.

Update: 9/24/11
Pasta Slim so much better. Less smell. And, do NOT need to be washed. Finally a carb noodle that is edible.