Profile for radioactivegan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

radioactivegan RSS Feed (Tri-Cities, WA)

Page: 1 | 2
3-Drawer Mini Filing Cabinet
3-Drawer Mini Filing Cabinet

4.0 out of 5 stars A cute and useful organizer, October 11, 2013
This mini filing cabinet is certainly a better organization system than my previous piles of business cards. The cabinet is lightweight, made of plastic (not metal), and the drawers open and close easily. I will note that the drawers are exactly sized for the standard US business card. Some slightly larger cards don't fit as well, so there is a small bit of cramming (but that hasn't been a large problem for me - just a few business cards, mostly from asian universities, seem slightly too large). All told, I'm happy to have this as an easy way to organize business cards and a funny addition to my office decor. Now if only I had some sort of cross-referencing system for the people I remember by name and those I remember by affiliation .. but I don't think Amazon sells anything to organize my thoughts.

Tinsel and Lights
Tinsel and Lights
Price: $11.88
30 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the same old Christmas music, January 1, 2013
This review is from: Tinsel and Lights (Audio CD)
My mom loves Christmas music, and she has just about every recording of the old standards available. I heard an interview with Tracey Thorn on NPR and decided to give this album to Mom to add to her collection. Thorn chose a more eclectic mix of songs than the typical Christmas standards (no Baby, It's Cold Outside or The Little Drummer Boy here!). Her cover of Hard Candy Christmas is excellent. I'd recommend this CD to anyone looking for a change from the typical Christmas music drone we have from Thanksgiving to New Year.

Batman Dual-Compartment Lunch Kit by Thermos Insulated
Batman Dual-Compartment Lunch Kit by Thermos Insulated
Offered by The Houseware Shoppe
Price: $18.99
17 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A super lunchbox, January 1, 2013
I purchased two of these for Christmas gifts, and they were both excellent. I loaded four jars of jam into one (as a continuation of the gift) and didn't have any trouble with the handle staying closed. The main compartment has a zipper under the batman logo - as long as that's closed, I don't think that the weight of food would pull the handle open. The box seems like it will hold a good amount of food - enough for a child's lunch or an adult's. The utility belt opens to a second compartment that could hold an ice pack or a small tupperware. All told - a cute lunchbox for superhero fans of all ages.

The Brave Little Toaster
The Brave Little Toaster
DVD ~ Jon Lovitz
Price: $4.99
38 used & new from $1.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie - acceptable transfer quality, November 23, 2012
This review is from: The Brave Little Toaster (DVD)
This is a great movie from my childhood - the movie is entertaining for both kids and adults. The quality of the transfer isn't great, but the VHS was never great either. I'd like to see Disney sink a little bit of money into remastering this, but I'm happy to have it anyway!

Power Puff Girls Juniors White Hinge Wallet
Power Puff Girls Juniors White Hinge Wallet
Offered by Kryptonite Kollectibles
Price: $17.72
3 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A cute blast from the past, October 6, 2012
This wallet is very cute! It's well constructed, holds a lot, but still maintains a slim profile. This isn't a wallet for shoving in your pocket, but it's so cute you won't want to hide it in a purse!

Girls Princess Dressup Accessory Trunk
Girls Princess Dressup Accessory Trunk

4.0 out of 5 stars A great dress-up set, January 19, 2012
I got this dress-up set for my nieces (ages 4 and 6) for Christmas. The set came with a great variety of stuff - two dresses (which is a big part of what attracted me to it), crowns, hats, tiaras, skirts and a few shirts, and even some other "props". The clothes are big enough for the 6-year-old (who is even a little tall for her age) to wear for quite a while, so I know they'll get a lot of use out of it. They aren't high-quality clothes, but they are good-quality for dress-up clothes. They played in them for three days while we were together, and nothing tore, broke, or came apart. All-in-all, I'd recommend this set, especially if you have two little girls to play!

Quick-Fix Vegan: Healthy, Homestyle Meals in 30 Minutes or Less
Quick-Fix Vegan: Healthy, Homestyle Meals in 30 Minutes or Less
by Robin Robertson
Price: $13.02
114 used & new from $3.91

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for busy cooks, October 15, 2011
I love the way Robertson starts this book, "As much as I love to cook, most days I'm too busy to spend much time in the kitchen." That simple sentiment is exactly how I feel most nights. I want to have a delicious, wholesome homecooked meal every night ... but I don't always have the energy to cook it. In the absence of a live-in vegan chef, this book is going to be my savior for late evenings and low enthusiasm. The recipes in this book are straightforward, without a lot of exotic, hard-to-find ingredients. I highly, highly recommend the One Pot Pasta Primavera (pg 67). The pizza dough is also super easy to put together, nearly foolproof, and great to have on hand for a quick dinner.

Garmin nüvi 1300LM 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Pavilion Electronics
Price: $119.99
27 used & new from $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It gets me around town, October 8, 2011
I bought this when I moved to a new state a few months ago, and it's gotten me around town and around the state decently well. There have been a few businesses that had an incorrect address, but it hasn't had any trouble if I just put the street address in. Sometimes it takes a while to boot up, but I think that's typical of all GPS. Maybe twice it has frozen, but just turning it off and back on has solved the problem every time. I've had a Magellan GPS, too, and can't really say that one is better than the other. This one is a good size -- it won't block your view, but it is large enough to see what's going on. I like that it says the street names aloud, which is much more convenient for high traffic or quick turns. I'd definitely suggest this one, but I don't know if it's better than another brand.

Pomonas Universal Pectin, 1.1-Ounce Container (Pack of 6)
Pomonas Universal Pectin, 1.1-Ounce Container (Pack of 6)
Price: $26.73
9 used & new from $25.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Foolproof jams at a lower price, October 8, 2011
Pomona's Pectin has really been foolproof for me in making jam, jelly, and marmalade. It works with significantly reduced sugar, unlike most pectin that needs a lot of sugar to activate it. The best part? It's usually about $5 or $6 a box at my local health food store, so this is an amazing value.

KitchenArt Pro 1/2 Cup Adjust-A-Scoop, Champagne Satin Finish
KitchenArt Pro 1/2 Cup Adjust-A-Scoop, Champagne Satin Finish
Price: $9.80
9 used & new from $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, October 8, 2011
These scoops are difficult to use. They are clunky, and the arm doesn't slide easily. I usually have to take the arm off and put it back on where I want it. After a few months of not particularly heavy use, the rubber "seal" started tearing apart. The seal doesn't really work anyway; don't expect to measure liquids accurately with this.

Page: 1 | 2