Profile for Book Lover > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Book Lover "Nancy" RSS Feed (Nevada)

Eparé Battery Operated Salt or Pepper Mill and Grinder (Single) (EPEM001)
Eparé Battery Operated Salt or Pepper Mill and Grinder (Single) (EPEM001)
Offered by Eparé
Price: $25.00
3 used & new from $21.25

1.0 out of 5 stars I do not recommend this product, June 30, 2014
Difficult to change the size of the pepper. With only four batteries, it takes forever to grind. I do not recommend this product. Go with one that takes six batteries.

The Hanged Man (The Mira Morales Series Book 1)
The Hanged Man (The Mira Morales Series Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Vacation Read, April 13, 2014
This is one of those books you take on vacation and stay up late reading. It had all the elements - sex, love, crime, paranormal activity, and suspenseful twists and turns. I can't wait to read the next one in the series!

MG Collection Gold Crystal Rhinestone Clasp Soft Baguette Evening Clutch Handbag
Offered by MyGift

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Bag, March 27, 2014
This bag far supassed my expectation. It is very well made and goes beautifully with both gold and rose gold jewelry.

A True Novel
A True Novel
by Minae Mizumura
Price: $21.43
51 used & new from $11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved This Book, January 2, 2014
This review is from: A True Novel (Paperback)
I read this book in just a few days, while nursing a cold. I couldn't put it down - reading late into the night. I was captivated. It brought back memories of reading Gone With The Wind. After the last page, I wished it would continue on and on...

Aliens in the Backyard - UFOs, Abductions, and Synchronicity
Aliens in the Backyard - UFOs, Abductions, and Synchronicity
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Subject, February 19, 2013
I found this book to be a fast and easy read on a subject that is anything but easy to understand. The MacGregors use anecdotal stories to drive home the point that what people may be experiencing can be hard to pin down to one source. Are they interdimensional beings? Are they us from the future? Could people who are experiencing these abductions be part of a hybrid program? There is no doubt that SOMETHING is going on and these stories are just a few of thousands being reported, yet our media reports the UFO phenomenon as a big joke. Well, the joke may be on us, because these stories are terrifingly real and they are happening to many, many people all over the world.

The MacGregors have done their homework in this book. It is full of research and quotes with more than a few links to follow if you are so inclined. (A very cool addition to reading the Kindle version is being able to just click on the highlighted link.)

All in all, I would highly recommend this book. It is a topic everyone should know something about.

THRIVE DVD (NTSC)
THRIVE DVD (NTSC)
DVD ~ Foster Gamble
Offered by zTops4U
Price: $16.50
11 used & new from $10.98

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Time to Wake Up, December 15, 2011
This review is from: THRIVE DVD (NTSC) (DVD)
I've been studying much of what is presented in this movie for over three years - since the economy tanked in 2008 and I became aware that there is something very, very wrong. This movie put it in persective and opens the door for people to realize we have more power than we think we have over the direction of our future. It's time to wake up.

Esperanza (The Hungry Ghosts)
Esperanza (The Hungry Ghosts)
by Trish MacGregor
Price: $7.48
107 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, September 22, 2010
After reading Kill Time and Running Time, I became a fan of Trish MacGregor. This novel was fast-paced, and full of all the things that keep us reading late into the night. Not being a fan of gore, for gore's sake, I was not disappointed. The scary parts were just scary enough to keep me interested, but did not leave me with images that I wished I didn't have. Moving on from psychological thrillers, for just this reason, I feel like I have found a whole new genre with Trish MacGregor's time traveling, ghost hunting, romancing, spiritual characters. I can't wait for her next book!

The 7 Secrets of Synchronicity: Your Guide to Finding Meaning in Signs Big and Small
by Trish MacGregor
83 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, July 10, 2010
I was not disappointed with this book. It is well-researched and well-written. Using anecdotal stories, many from bloggers, the book helps you to realize how the world is so much more than we ever believed it to be. That blogging in itself, may be synchronicity at work in a very powerful way.

The seven secrets of synchronicity, as explained in this book, breaks down the components of synchronicity. Explaining what it is, how it works, how to recognize it in your own life, and more importantly, how to have more of it! Understanding what it is enables the individual to live on a deeper level, more in tuned to their environment, other people, and other living creatures. This book shows us how to recognize the incredible interconnectedness we all share, and how to respect it.

I also enjoyed the "Divining Synchronicity" section of the book. I have always been very curious about I Ching and Tarot cards, but didn't really understand how they work, and how they can be a useful tool in everyday life. Now that I'm past my grandmother's voice telling me all things divining are the devil's work, I can follow my instincts regarding energy, consciousness, and connection. So I have ordered a brand new set of Tarot cards, and included Trish MacGregor's book - Power Tarot.

I believe the human being is going through an evolution. I think that these ways of "knowing" will someday be the norm and what we feel to be cutting edge will one day be archaic. But for now, this book will appeal to those who feel as I do - the world is changing and so are we. It's time to embrace the paradigms of the future.

Sage of Synchronicity
Sage of Synchronicity
by Marcus T. Anthony
Price: $12.91
35 used & new from $5.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Read, March 29, 2010
This review is from: Sage of Synchronicity (Paperback)
This book, written by Marcus T. Anthony (PhD), is a radical change from most self-help or spiritual-leaning books. Dr. Anthony has intensely studied both, coming up with a new way of integrating the two. Believing himself to be a "futurist," he provides specific processes intended to help the reader get in touch with their inner knowing. You know, that niggling little feeling in the back of your mind that says you really should be focusing here instead of there, or on this instead of that. He terms this process "integrated intelligence," and its outcome "wisdom and transformation." You can read some of Dr. Anthony's academic papers here, on his website. This book is a sequel to Integrated Intelligence, and is written in an easy to understand format.

"This book is about a particular way of enhancing wisdom; using the innate ability of the mind to draw upon intelligence beyond the boundaries of self, and then applying that intelligence to make decisions, take action, and then reflect upon the whole process. This is the Wisdom Cycle."

He doesn't give the kind of advice that says this process is easy. Quite the opposite. Which is why I liked this book. He helps the reader take responsibility, which I believe is the key to success when it comes to any kind of transformation. Giving ways of connecting and healing those broken parts of ourselves that often originate in childhood. Connecting and talking down the ego, which never goes away. It is part of who we are, an integral part of our psyche. It just has a habit of running the show, causing us untold havoc and problems.

This book would appeal to those that are interested in psychology and spirituality. Also to those who feel they have a specific purpose, but have been unsuccessful in connecting with it. Based in psychology, but with new ways of understanding who we are, and how we can change the world through transformation of the mind, this was an interesting read.