Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Profile for Lance Wiggs > Reviews

Browse

Lance Wiggs' Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lance Wiggs RSS Feed (NZ)

Page: 1 | 2
Creating Climate Wealth: Unlocking the Impact Economy
Creating Climate Wealth: Unlocking the Impact Economy
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Great story, poorly told, August 14, 2015
It reads like a series of slogans. Where you want substance there are bullet points. Where you want nuanced stories there are snippets.
It's sad because this is a serious topic and the substance is good. The fuller story of how the company was built would have been far more insightful.

The Soaring Kiwi and the Sauerkraut
The Soaring Kiwi and the Sauerkraut
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough times, May 7, 2015
Great stuff Phil - some brutal descriptions of working life in there. But it seems to stop a few years ago - where are the missing chapters? :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2015 11:25 PM PDT

Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google That Will Transform How You Live and Lead
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 25, 2015
Not just for HR people, indeed this is a book for managers and leaders of all organisations. I'd really like to see the actual analytical instruments and reports - perhaps a SaaS product?

Faster, Higher, Stronger: How Sports Science Is Creating a New Generation of Superathletes--and What We Can Learn from Them
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Learning and entertainment, January 30, 2015
Great primer on the space - prepare to learn and be entertained. Given the amount of money in sports now we should not be surprised at the level of professionalism and science. The best case study - the UK Olympic cycling team - who came out of nowhere to dominate.

The Big Roads: The Untold Story of the Engineers, Visionaries, and Trailblazers Who Created the American Superhighw
Offered by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A great tale, January 30, 2015
A fascinating and enjoyable read, and I don't even live in the USA. While the movement is now to get cars out of dense cities, we should never forget just how revolutionary it was to have proper roads.

Trackers: How technology is helping us
monitor and improve our health
Trackers: How technology is helping us monitor and improve our health
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready for the future, January 30, 2015
Tracking ourselves is an incredibly fast-moving space, and MacManus does an excellent job of helping us understand what's happening now, while setting the stage for the future. It's and easy read - tracking (sorry) the author's own journey while giving some great portraits of industry players. Recommended.

Sony NEX-7 24.3 MP Mirrorless Digital Camera with 18-55mm Lens (Old Model)
Sony NEX-7 24.3 MP Mirrorless Digital Camera with 18-55mm Lens (Old Model)
Offered by Daily Deals Shop (NO TAX)
Price: $699.99
42 used & new from $465.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A delight to use, February 3, 2012
I managed to get my hands on one of these in Jan 2012, and believe me it was difficult.

The body weighs very little without the battery or lens, which is as it should be. Put the weight into a great set of lenses. Place one of those great lenses on this camera, and I've tried the 18-55, 55-210 and zeiss 24, and the results are wonderful. Yes you can argue that at not so low iso ratings the 24 MP is noisy, but dial down the noise in post image processing (I shoot in raw format) and the results are superb.

I find the viewfinder to be remarkably good, better than optical viewfinders as I really see what I will get, and every time I look through it I am stunned at the fidelity. After a great shot the result can look almost 3d, if you have preview one. No dancing dots have crossed my eye's path.

I upgraded from the 5n, which lacked the viewfinder in particular. The difference in ergonomics and quality is worthwhile. Also worthwhile is the expensive Zeiss 24 lens, and the 55-210. Both deliver excellent results.

This range will keep building over time, so any lenses you buy will still be valuable for years. However lenses are also difficult to find these days, as are older Leica lenses which many have had success with.

The best camera I've ever owned, and a delight to pick up, to carry on long treks and to use.

AudioQuest K2 Terminated Speaker Cable - UST 2.44 m Plugs 8' Pair (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes! But wait. It cannot be, November 27, 2010
This is it. The cable I need to complete my music system. I've spent 15 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars, and yet there remained that eight foot gap, that weakest link.

But wait. No. It cannot be.

To my abject horror Amazon refuses to ship this to me in New Zealand.

Why torment us so with the elegant beauty and value of your products, but then at the last refuse to ship to our country? Grant us this one boon, and unleash your electronic devices upon us here, so that we may also partake in the countless bargains of mystical appeal.

Also - do these come in pink?

Peter Jackson: A Film-Maker's Journey
Peter Jackson: A Film-Maker's Journey
by Brian Sibley
20 used & new from $5.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Weighty and worthy, November 13, 2006
The book is on the shelves in New Zealand right now. It's a remarkable journey he has made, from struggling apprentice printer to mogul.

The book, like his movies, is long, and rewarding for it. The emphasis is more on pre-LOTR work and life, and it really focuses on the movies - no business or personal exposes here.

Three things struck me:

The first is his overwhelming passion for movies - passion that led him to just do it, rather than learn first by going to university. The results speak volumes, and he is in good company with this approach.

The second is that he is a leader with an ability to gather large amounts of people around him - from the first movie made with a bunch of mates on weekends, to LOTR with over 24,000 kiwis involved.

And the third is that he is an astute businessman - the book only hints at this, but it is clear from the continuous improvement in his Film Commission submissions, and the improvement in the deals struck with New line and Universal.

Read it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars the ebay of NZ, April 14, 2004
trademe owns NZ's auctions market, and have a very simple user interface that ebay could learn from. A great site.

Page: 1 | 2