Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for K.C. > Reviews

Browse

K.C.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K.C. RSS Feed (San Diego, California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
A Big Hand for the Little Lady
A Big Hand for the Little Lady
DVD ~ Henry Fonda
Offered by Solo Enterprises
Price: $10.20
48 used & new from $4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars THE ENTIRE FAMILY WILL ENJOY THIS MOVIE BUT POKER PLAYERS WILL LOVE IT., July 29, 2015
This movie is truly unique. It is both a both a drama and a comedy. As a result, I think it is the greatest poker movie of all time.

The entire family will enjoy this movie. And If you play poker, you will love it. It makes a nice gift for someone you know who plays poker.

In this movie, Henry Fonda plays a man who has promised his wife that he will never again play poker. However, he stumbles on a game that is too good to resist and joins the game. Unfortunately, he is a terrible player and loses steadily as the other players realize they have found a sucker. Then comes a hand where Henry Fonda is dealt a “once in a lifetime” hand. After Henry Fonda gets all his money (his entire life savings with which he and his wife planned to buy a ranch) in the pot, another player raises. Because they are playing by “western rules”, Fonda must come up with the money to call the raise or he forfeits the entire pot.

At this point, two things happen; Fonda’s wife, Joanne Woodward, comes on the scene and discovers Fonda’s indiscretion and dilemma. Then, Fonda has a heart attack and is rendered unconscious.

Although Woodward has never before played poker, she is not willing to lose her family’s money without a fight. She demands that the players allow her to play her husband’s hand. After some discussion, they agree. However, Woodward is faced with the problem of not having any money to call the raise. Her solution to this problem will surprise and amuse you.

Chop Magic Chopper
Chop Magic Chopper
Offered by Small Town USA
Price: $7.97
64 used & new from $6.45

5.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKS GREAT FOR ME., March 24, 2015
This review is from: Chop Magic Chopper (Kitchen)
I saw this product in the As Seen On TV section at Fry's Electronics and purchased it primarily because I wanted a quick and easy way to chop onions. I hadn't yet read any reviews so I planned to return it for a refund if it didn't perform as promised. I'm glad I hadn't read the reviews before my purchase because, if I had, all the negative reviews would have persuaded me not to buy it. I can only guess why so many people were unhappy with this product because I'm delighted with it.

At first, I tried to simply push down on it to chop an onion. I guess this will work if you are Superman. What I had to do was to slam down on it with the heel of my hand or a fist. When I did this, it worked great chopping the onion into tiny squares. The other possible reason for the negative reviews is that you must make sure the sharp side of the blades are facing up. The dull side is kind of sharp so it's easy to make a mistake.

Unlike other choppers I've used, this one is designed so it pushes the food all the way thru the blades. A lot of choppers only push the foot to the top of the blades and then you have to open it and pull the food the rest of the way thru.

So far, I've chopped onions, celery, green bell peppers, and chili peppers and it has worked great. It's also super easy to clean under running water. I highly recommend it.

California Property Law for Paralegals (Aspen College Series)
California Property Law for Paralegals (Aspen College Series)
by D. Patrick O'Laughlin
Price: $123.45
30 used & new from $97.50

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS BOOK OR ELSE., December 18, 2014
Buying this book will be good for your health. If you don't, the boys will pay you a visit. :)

Just kidding. The above is an inside joke. I recently completed the college course taught by the author of this book.

The book is really quite good. It presents the material in a way that makes technical information easily understandable by the layman without oversimplifying. In fact, if you are an instructor looking for a text, this is the book. With this text, you can spend your time expanding on the information presented in the text instead of explaining it.

1 X Easy Eggwich
1 X Easy Eggwich
Offered by Hudson Carter
Price: $4.83
63 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST LIKE AN EGG McMUFFIN, ONLY BETTER, IN ONE MINUTE., October 24, 2014
This review is from: 1 X Easy Eggwich (Kitchen)
I purchased this product at Walmart in the 'As Seen On TV' section. It's great. You crack the egg into the cooking cup, break the yoke with a fork, and the egg is cooked perfectly in one minute in the microwave. You can't beat this for a quick and easy breakfast.

I like bacon on mine so, rather than cook bacon every morning, I cook the entire package at one time. Six or seven slices (placed on top of a couple of paper towels with another paper towel on top) for five minutes in the microwave does the job. I then put the bacon in a zip lock bag and keep it in the fridge. When I pull out a couple of slices to cook with my egg, they are cold so it is easy to pull off the fat and just use the meat which has all the flavor. I like to tear the meat into pieces and put it on top of the egg before I cook it.

Instead of bacon, I also use a slice of thinly sliced Black Forest smoked deli ham. It doesn't need to be cooked and I think it adds a better flavor than Canadian bacon. Also, some mayonnaise on the English muffin adds a nice zest. However, these are just some ideas. It's your Egg McMuffin and you can add whatever you like. Go crazy; you can add peanut butter and salsa if you want to. The only essential item is an egg. If you don't use an egg, using the Eggwich is rather pointless. :)

When the egg comes out of the microwave, it is easily scooped out of the cooking cup with a table spoon because the cup is non-stick. (This also makes washing the cup really easy.)I place the egg with the bacon on top of the bottom half of a toasted English muffin. I put a slice of my favorite cheese on top and cover it with the other half of the English muffin.

It tastes just like an Egg McMuffin from McDonald's, only better. This is a great product and a terrific time saver.

Ride with Me to the Chicken Ranch Brothel: Secrets & Stories Revealed by an Exclusive Chicken Ranch Limo Driver
by Don Stadterman
Price: $13.95
25 used & new from $13.95

4.0 out of 5 stars ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS, October 24, 2014
I've never been to the Chicken Ranch or any other brothel. However, I've always wondered what they are like. This book gave me the answers to all the questions I would ask (and more) if I met the author in person. I give this book 5 stars for its' informational content. The reason I gave it only 4 stars overall is because the writing lacks the crispness and clarity of professional editing. This is not to say that the author didn't do a good job of writing. However, even professional writers need a good editor.

21" Shoe Horn Rosewood Stain
21" Shoe Horn Rosewood Stain
Offered by KIKURA
Price: $12.95
4 used & new from $12.95

1.0 out of 5 stars It's too thick to fit comfortably between your foot and your shoe, October 18, 2014
If you are using a shoe horn because your shoes are too tight fitting to simply slip your feet into, this is not the shoe horn for you. It's too thick to comfortably fit between your foot and your shoe. Get a plastic shoe horn instead. Plastic shoe horns are thinner and sturdier.

Jesus "Prince of Peace" 2014 Wall Calendar ~ Art by Akiane ~
Jesus "Prince of Peace" 2014 Wall Calendar ~ Art by Akiane ~

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 FREE BONUS GIFTS, June 16, 2014
There is a 5" x 7" pocket planner that comes with this calendar. It has the same pictures as the calendar. However, since they are 5" x 7", they are perfect for framing. The two pictures of Jesus, put into nice frames, make terrific gifts. If you want/need more than two 5 x 7s, you can simply use your printer to make color copies of the pictures from the planner. After they are in a nice frame, they will look just as nice as the originals.

USB to Ethernet LAN RJ45 Card Network 10/100 Adapter
USB to Ethernet LAN RJ45 Card Network 10/100 Adapter
Offered by MicroMall
Price: $6.00
5 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It works., May 27, 2013
I couldn't believe the range of prices for this type of device. They ranged from 99 cents to$49. And, they all had mixed reviews. So, I decided to buy the one that was cheapest.

When it arrived, I was disappointed to find that I needed to install software. The ad said it was plug and play. Nevertheless, I installed the software and the adapter worked fine.

Since it only cost me five dollars including shipping, I ordered another one to have a backup.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great air bed., May 27, 2013
I bought one of these air mattresses at Costco after going thru 5 Aerobed air beds. (To make a long story short, Aerobeds spring a leak about once every 30 days. Thank goodness Costco has a generous return policy.) These air beds are made from a different, stronger, and lighter material. (I don't know what it is.) Also, there is only one seam around the outside of the mattress. Stay away from any air mattress that has multiple seams running across the top. Seams are where the leaks happen.

The makers of most air mattresses will tell you that you must occasionally put in more air because the material stretches. This is total B.S. Think about it; after 4 or 5 times of putting more air in, how much more could the material stretch. The truth is that you need to add air because air has leaked out. With this Lightspeed air mattress, I have NEVER had to add air.

Another thing I like about this air mattress is that it does not have flocking. I know that some people like flocking, but the absence of flocking makes it much more sanitary. I just place a cotton mattress pad on top of the air mattress and it's more comfortable than any flocking. I can throw the mattress pad in the washer any time I need to. Plus, it protects the mattress from any accidental punctures. And, even when I roll up the air mattress and the mattress pad together, it still fits in the carry bag.

The only thing I didn't like was the battery powered pump. It didn't have nearly enough power to fill the mattess. However, I bought an A/C powered pump at Walmart for $10 and this does the job. This pump also lets you suck the air out to deflate the mattress. This is a handy feature because the material is so light it takes quite a while to deflate on its own. If you're planning to use the mattress for camping, you can probably get a pump that is powered by your vehicle's battery that will do the job.

I must say that I like this mattress so much, I'm not even angry about the crummy pump that was included. If that's not high praise, I don't know what else I could say to impress you.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2015 3:08 PM PDT

AeroBed Comfort Anywhere 18" Air Mattress with Headboard Design Powerful Built in Ac Pump for Convenient, Super Fast Inflation
Offered by RokBuy
Price: $191.99
11 used & new from $149.99

1.0 out of 5 stars The perfect bed for your mother in law's visit., May 3, 2013
If you need a bed because your mother-in-law is coming for a visit, this is the perfect bed. It's very comfortable, but it will spring a leak in about 30 days ensuring your mother-in-law's departure if she hasn't yet left.

I went through 4 of these that I bought at Costco. (Thankfully, Costco has a generous return policy.) Each time, the mattress sprung a leak in one of the seams. These separations in the seam were tiny; about an eighth of an inch long. However, one time, when I leaned on my elbow, the seam popped and my elbow went completely through.

With the last mattress, I decided to try to fix the leak. I bought a tube of Loctite flexible adhesive (for vinyl, fabric & plastic) at Home Depot. I put some on the spot where the seam separated. After about 5 hours, most of this was absorbed into the material. Then I applied more Loctite and let it dry for 24 hours. This effectively fixed the leak.

Unfortunately, over the course of about six months, it continued to spring approximately eight more leaks in different places. I went through two tubes of Loctite repairing them. Then, the baffles broke putting a large bump in the middle of the bed. This time, I returned the bed for a refund.

In addition to the leaks, the bed would lose some air during the night requiring me to add some to get it back to the firmness I liked. To do this I just kept the switch handy between the mattress and the headboard. I would have tolerated this inconvenience if the mattress didn't keep springing leaks because it is quite comfortable and I like the fact that it is 18 inches high.

For the price of this air mattress, I didn't expect such shoddy construction. It's definitely a piece of junk. But, like I said, if your mother in law is coming for a visit... :)

BTW I bought a LightSpeed air mattress at Costco and it's great. I wrote a review for this air mattress. Here's a link;
Lightspeed Outdoors TPU 2-Person Lightweight Air Bed