Profile for Vlad > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vlad RSS Feed

Marvel's The Avengers (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy + Digital Music Download)
DVD ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Price: $35.99
63 used & new from $14.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant .....Fact, September 22, 2012
In the reviews for this film, which has at present a 94% rating on RottenTomatoes.com (hint: that means ONLY 6% of reviewers that saw it didn't like it), the negative ones say that (paraphrasing) "it lacks substance" or "it's a $250 million toy commercial" or "it's all flash". This is America and everyone is entitled to an opinion. But for the life of me, I cannot understand why people think this. I've been a student of film all of my life in one way or another and this film is the very definition of excellent ensemble and technical filmmaking.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2012 11:07 AM PDT

The Dark Knight (+ BD Live) [Blu-ray]
The Dark Knight (+ BD Live) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Christian Bale
Price: $7.50
306 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The true spirit of An anti-hero, August 24, 2012
One of the best movies I've seen in a long time, but a double whammy of recent outspoken independence regarding the film really clinched it for me. First of all, I love that the DVD isn't the special features-laden 5 disc set everyone obviously hoped it would be. Buy a DVD for the movie. How many making-of featurettes could you possibly need, anyway?! Secondly, the recent snub with the Oscars has just gone to show me that a movie like this doesn't need approval from anyone to still be amazing.

Thor (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
Thor (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Chris Hemsworth
Offered by Van Buren Boys Entertainment
Price: $39.99
28 used & new from $9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars GO THOR ......., August 3, 2012
The worst part was waiting for the blue ray to be released so I could watch it when ever I wanted. The casting was wonderful and it was like the characters jumped from the two dimentional comic to the big screen. Not only was the movie well scripted and cast, it also served as a life lesson of how one lives their life and how they can change for the better. This was a fine message for all ages.

Chronicle (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo +Digital Copy)
Chronicle (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo +Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Michael B. Jordan
Price: $4.99
86 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good entertainment on a shoe string, June 5, 2012
15 million is hardley a shoe string but I think the did brilliantly with what they had,filmed in a docu style it looks at the moral issues we would face if given life changing abilities........ Good concept well executed.4 stars from me.

Captain America: The First Avenger (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
Captain America: The First Avenger (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Chris Evans
Offered by Discount Music, Books, and other items
Price: $38.95
24 used & new from $14.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Captain A, May 21, 2012
I did not know what to expect from this one at all. I vaguely knew Captain America's origins, but he's never been a superhero that caught my interest. I fell in love with the character over the course of the film. Steve Rogers is simply a good person who goes out and does the right thing, even if it means great risk to himself. It's hard not to rally around a character like that.Plus, it's a fun film. The bad guy (Red Skull) is over the top. Captain America's team, the Howling Commandos, are a diverse group of competent soldiers and wisecrackers.Great patriotic stuff!