Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Matthew Barrett > Reviews

Browse

Matthew Barrett's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew Barrett RSS Feed

iPhoneography Pro: Techniques For Taking Your iPhone Photography To The Next Level
by Robert Morrissey
Price: $24.98
49 used & new from $19.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A Boost for your iPhone's Camera, September 2, 2015
When I first heard about the premise for this book I was skeptical. I have used my iPhone starting with the iPhone 3 as a grab it and snap a quick picture camera. In no way would I expect the quality to meet or exceed what I could pay a professional to complete for me. Reading this book though I have been able to make strides in just my general snapshots.

One of the most intriguing portions of the book was the affect of lighting combined with some of the apps you can add and how they could take a product that is with me all the time and make it capable of producing amazing high quality photographs. I know that I have already seen a difference just in my quick shots that we all love to take and share on social media after reading and following many of the instructions offered in this book.

Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Transport Expansion Pack
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Transport Expansion Pack
Price: $39.37
39 used & new from $37.94

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy games with Scenario's and adding this gave me the ..., April 7, 2015
I really enjoy games with Scenario's and adding this gave me the opportunity to have scenarios where we have very challenging expanded goals for the game.

Star Wars X-Wing: IG-2000 Expansion Pack
Star Wars X-Wing: IG-2000 Expansion Pack
Price: $22.91
26 used & new from $17.30

5.0 out of 5 stars It's IG-88's ship. It comes with ABCD cards for ..., April 7, 2015
It's IG-88's ship. It comes with ABCD cards for IG-88. I MUST HAVE IT!

Frozen Sing Along Edition
Frozen Sing Along Edition
DVD ~ Kristen Bell
Offered by Clyde Parks
Price: $28.99
26 used & new from $4.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 15, 2015
This review is from: Frozen Sing Along Edition (DVD)
We already sing the songs, now we can get the lyrics right

12 Days Card Game
12 Days Card Game
Price: $13.81
9 used & new from $10.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, quick and very enjoyable game, December 17, 2014
This review is from: 12 Days Card Game (Toy)
This is a great lightweight card game which has a nice mix of planning and bluffing involved. It can be played with kids who understand Go Fish which makes it great for families.

Typically I prefer heavier games, but the fact is most of the people who I can easily play games with don't. This game is enough fun that it can fulfill the urge to play something more than a simple card game when I cannot find anyone who wants to play the more complex games with me that night.

Kicking Horse Whole Bean Coffee, Kick Ass Dark Roast, 2.2 Pound
Kicking Horse Whole Bean Coffee, Kick Ass Dark Roast, 2.2 Pound
Price: $29.99
10 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, January 6, 2012
I very much enjoy dark roasts. The challenge I find is that many of them are either burnt or overly bitter from poor roasting. This coffee does a very good job of being a strong dark roast that is full of flavor without any hint of burnt or bitter flavors. It is very dark and oily and the small portion that did not fit in my airtight container dried out a bit and was not as strong flavored. That took over 3 weeks though due to the volume of coffee and it was still better than other dark roasts I have tried. I have used this for guests to eat with pies and cake over the holidays and all of them commented on its excellent flavor. A couple who don't really like dark roast did request some cream, but still gladly had multiple cups.

I would recommend this to anyone who:

1. Likes dark roast coffee
2. Doesn't know, and wants to try it
3. Wants to change it up from a medium, or god forbid, a light roast.

It is a good quality product made more so because of the cost
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2015 8:20 AM PST

Epiphone DR-100 Acoustic Guitar, Vintage Sunburst
Epiphone DR-100 Acoustic Guitar, Vintage Sunburst
Price: $119.00
12 used & new from $89.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, March 11, 2011
Prior to purchasing this I did go to local stores and tried this and other entry level guitars. With no experience what so ever on guitar I had a vague idea of what I cared about. It had to fit, it had to sound good to me, and I had to like the look. In the end the DR-100 won out. I have owned it about a week at this point, I can play 2 chords correctly and 4 others correctly if I am extremely slow, and I know that I went the right direction.

This guitar works for someone learning. It does stay in tune without major issues. Even having to re-tune each day takes very little adjustment. You WILL want to buy strings and swap them out. I could hear the issues more experienced players were pointing out and a $5 set of medium strings made that disappear immediately. I do think that the strings are a bit higher than a couple others I tried, but my feeling after a week of playing it is that this forces me to be careful and make sure where I am positioning my fingers (more importantly my hand/thumb).

From listening to a more experienced friend play it I will buy another one if I am still playing in a year. At that point I will spend more and get a better quality instrument. For now the investment to learn is relatively small and I think I could recoup about 50% of it if I don't continue to play long term.