Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for 1smileycat > Reviews

Browse

1smileycat's Profile

Customer Reviews: 207

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

1smileycat "1smileycat" RSS Feed (Iowa, United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips Norelco G480 All-in-One Premium Grooming Kit
Philips Norelco G480 All-in-One Premium Grooming Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the wife ordered!, July 17, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Philips Norelco G480 All in One Premium Grooming Kit is a wonderful, jam-packed kit for the men in our life! (Okay, so I used it too!) It includes a full-sized trimmer, charger/storage stand, mini-shaver, moustache comb, clipper comb, nose trimmer, precision trimmer, fine detailing blade, and eyebrow comb. And everything rinses clean with no oiling!! (A huge plus for this gal's man!)

I have been cutting my husband's hair for quite some time now - and this was so very simple to use and got the job done effectively and neatly! I loved it! And with just a rinse under the sink it was clean! Loved that too!!

Hubby tested it on eyebrows, goatee (sp), mustache, etc - and gave it 2 thumbs up! (I may have also tested on my legs - but don't tell him!!)

I highly recommend this kit! It's got everything you can need and does an excellent job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bye Bye Neck Pain!!!, July 7, 2008
While it took me a full week to get used to sleeping on this pillow, it was worth it!! I purchased this pillow from my chiropractor years ago - and have lived without neck pain ever since! He warned me it takes a bit of getting used to - that I should allow a full week of sleeping on it before full benefits are felt. He was right! I went thru some uncomfortable nights, but kept his words in mind. The benefits far outweighed those few nights of discomfort!! Sounds wrong - but it's true!

Took a bit of adjustment on the amount of water I used - I tend to like a firmer pillow and ended up with a bit more than the instructions suggest in it.

It is heavy, yes, but you only need to pick it up when changing the sheets. Worth it!!! I used to have to go to the chiropractor far too often for pain in my neck - that is a thing of the past! I sleep on my back and sides throughout the night - this pillow is so comfortable I adjust with little to no effort.

I can't believe I've waited this long to review it! Please, if you have neck pain - get this pillow!!! I can't recommend it high enough!!

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2008 6:08 AM PDT

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., July 7, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am always in search of a good night's sleep! When I got the chance to test the Obus Forme Ortho-Pedic Memory Foam Comfort Pillow with Soy Extract and Atmosphere Technology, I was excited and jumped at the chance!

After only a few days, I just couldn't do it anymore. I found the pillow small, too small. My head almost seemed as if it was positioned without a pillow under it at all, judging from the way my neck felt. I sleep on all sides and tend to switch positions often throughout the night. Side sleeping was nearly impossible with this pillow, as I had to fold it in half to support my head.

I am used to a MediFlow waterbase pillow that I purchased from my chiropractor many years ago. While the MediFlow pillow has virtually eliminated my neck pain, as I stated earlier in this review, I still am restless all night long and was hoping to find a cure for that as well as the neck pain in this Obus Forme Ortho-Pedic Memory Foam Comfort Pillow. I did not. I will go back to my waterbase pillow.

I recommend the Obus Forme Ortho-Pedic Memory Foam Comfort Pillow for small people. Perhaps it comes in larger sizes as well? I believe the product is a good one - just didn't work for me.

The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity
The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity
by WM. Paul Young
Price: $7.39
2243 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a book!, July 7, 2008
Working Monday - Friday, 7:45am to 5pm or later, I rarely get to see daily TV programs. Because July 4th was on a Friday this year, I was able to flip thru the channels. I happened to catch Kathy Lee Gifford tell of a favorite book she had recently read titled, The Shack. Her explanation of the book and how it made her feel intrigued me. I bought it the next day, started reading it the next day, and finished it the next!

Wow! What a book!

The Shack is written by William P. Young and is the story of a father's loss of his youngest daughter by an abduction and apparent brutal murder. Evidence of the crime is found in an abandoned shack buried in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, he is summoned back to the shack by a mysterious note appearing to be from God.

I will not give any of the story away, just that it gripped me and held me tight until I had read every last word! This book taught me more about the Holy Trinity than I learned in Catechism classes as a kid! While I didn't understand everything that was written, it still made sense. Hard to explain - you really just have to read it for yourself!

I highly recommend this book! Initially it was scary reading for me, having 2 young girls of my own. But I am glad I read it and I think you will be too!

- 1smileycat :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2008 12:31 PM PDT

McAfee Total Protection 2008 - 3 User [OLD VERSION]
McAfee Total Protection 2008 - 3 User [OLD VERSION]
Offered by lakeplacegames
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $2.95

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm done paying for protection!!, June 6, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used AVG Free and Windows Defender for a very long time .. I will continue to use them!!! This was nothing but a pain for me!!!

I was excited to get McAfee - the name alone had me sure I'd be safe and happy -- nope!!!! Too much work, too slow, just too much of a pain!

Go for the free protection - that really does protect!!

- 1smileycat :-)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2008 9:11 AM PDT

Lather Effect
Lather Effect
DVD ~ Tate Donovan
Price: $6.49
70 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars The YAWN Effect, June 6, 2008
This review is from: Lather Effect (DVD)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
In reading the backside of the DVD, I was excited to watch The Lather Effect! Unfortunately, I was bored to tears throughout it.

This is about the day after a high school reunion party. They are all in their 30's now and they show up to the reunion as they used to look. Seems some of them came as they used to be as well - immature!

They wake up at a house that is torn apart, they are all nursing hangovers - or still drunk, and they reminisce about the way things were, what happened all those years ago, etc. They decide they need another night of the fun; which added up to pure boredom for me.

Being a 30-something myself, I really thought I would love this movie. But the music was the only thing I found myself enjoying.

The cast includes Tate Donovan, Ione Skye, Eric Stoltz, David Herman, William Mapother, Connie Britton, Peter Facinelli, Sarah Clarke, Caitlin Keats, Eric Haase, Dominic Kelly, and Sarah Kelly. The DVD also includes a commentary, a few featurettes, and deleted scenes.

I cannot recommend this movie. Unless of course you are trying to fall asleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for a healthy snack!, May 27, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Marcona Almonds didn't last long at work! They are delicious! These Marcona Almonds are shaped a bit rounder than the oblong almonds I'm used to eating. They remind me of macadamia nuts. Also, there is no `skin' as they are blanched. They don't seem as hard either. Not that these are "soft", just different.

Seasoned with Sea Salt, these have the perfect amount of saltiness. While most salted almonds are too salty, these are just right! Perhaps even leaning towards not quite salty enough!

They come packaged in an 11.5 ounce container with a screw on lid. 12 servings per container. The ingredients state: Blanched Marcona Almonds, Sunflower Oil, and Sea Salt. No preservatives. 170 calories, 15g fat, 190mg sodium, and 0mg cholesterol.

I definitely recommend the Marcona Almonds to any nut lover! They have a wonderful flavor and are a good choice for a healthy snack!

A.D.A.M. Student Atlas of Anatomy
A.D.A.M. Student Atlas of Anatomy
by Todd R. Olson
Price: $73.40
59 used & new from $7.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Very detailed! Excellent photos!, May 21, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The ADAM Student Atlas of Anatomy Second Edition is a VERY detailed book by Todd R. Olson and Wojciech Pawlina. Just flipping thru it upon receiving it I was amazed at the pictures! I have never seen such detail! What a wonderful tool for any student!

This book features full color, three dimensional pictures throughout with posterior, medial and lateral views included. There are also cadaver photographs. The focus of this book is on more images of fewer structures, especially those parts of the body that beginning students tend to struggle with the most. Many of the pictures are paired up; a color photo you would expect to find in an anatomy book - and then a cadaver photo of the same area.

The chapters include the Trunk: Body Wall and Spine, Thorax, Abdomen, Pelvis and Perineum, Lower Limb, Upper Limb, Head and Neck, and Cranial and Autonomic Nerves. There is a User's Guide at the beginning so that the user is able to get the most out of the illustrations and special features.

I would highly recommend this book for any student studying the human body!

The Best of Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen
The Best of Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen
DVD ~ Best of Comics Unleashed
18 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was supposed to be a COMEDY!, May 5, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I ordered The Best of Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen, I thought I was getting a great comedy DVD - boy was I mistaken! This appears as if an amateur recorded it - with the terrible editing job. Granted, the commercials are gone - but it was painful to think that someone was selling this for money!

There was a great list of comedians included, Cedric the Entertainer, Howie Mandel, George Wallace, Brad Garrett, etc. I was excited to load it in the DVD player!! Then, as I realized it wasn't going to get any better, I found myself cleaning house waiting for it to end. (I have 2 young kids - cleaning house is not a fun task for me at all - so for me to WANT to clean vs. watch this says a lot!!)

If you are a big Byron Allen fan ... go for it. Everyone else - pass this one up!

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2008 10:15 PM PDT

Dove Clinical Protection Cool Essentials, 1.7-Ounce Stick (Pack of 2)
Dove Clinical Protection Cool Essentials, 1.7-Ounce Stick (Pack of 2)
Offered by Mr. Medical
Price: $15.00
13 used & new from $12.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool as a cucumber!, May 5, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using the Dove Clinical Protection Cool Essentials for some time now and definitely give it 2 thumbs up! While I don't believe I need the clinical strength deodorant - why not!? The product says to put it on at night, before bed, as this is when your body temperature stays the most stable. I did this, but then would forget as I usually use my deodorant in the mornings after my shower. So, I sort of do both. If I remember, I put it on before bed - but I always put it on after my morning shower.

The scent was light and refreshing so I don't smell it over my body spray. I am kept cool as a cucumber - no sweat on this girl! I like the "2 clicks" formula and feel I get better protection from this than I do a regular solid deodorant. And I definitely prefer this over the gels that tend to feel wet for a long, long time! It doesn't contain aluminum chloride like most of the prescription strength products do, so it is less likely to cause irritation. I did not have any trouble with white marks - I put my deodorant on after I get dressed. The 2 clicks is just the right amount to rub around without having too much, or too little.

I recommend the Dove Clinical Protection Cool Essentials for all women who use deodorant - and especially for those who don't!

- 1smilecat :-)