Profile for Ana K. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ana K. RSS Feed (Miami, Florida)

The Family Jewels [+Digital Booklet]
The Family Jewels [+Digital Booklet]
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible First Record, October 31, 2010
I just love this record. I am not really into bubblegum pop yet somehow Marina has me sold. She has the most beautiful, haunting, incredible voice and on top of that, her music is fun and catchy at times and other times deep and emotional. It is refreshing to see a young pop star actually write her own music and write about her obsession and motivation to succeed and not go on and on about sex, drugs and superficial relationships. This girl has attitude, a point of view and tremendous talent - I expect amazing music from her in the future. I hope she releases a live concert on DVD...I would love to watch her perform live.

Moroccanoil
Moroccanoil

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to its claims..., September 27, 2009
This review is from: Moroccanoil (Health and Beauty)
I recently read a review about these products from an angry customer claiming that these products contained such a small amount of Argan oil that it really was not enough to reap any of the oil's wonderful beauty benefits. They claimed that Moroccanoil as a company was misleading and improperly marketing their product as an authentic Argan oil. Well, I own most of Moroccanoil's products and I also own a bottle of 100% Argan oil and have used both for a good period of time so I believe I am in a position to offer some perspective regarding this. I would not purchase this product if you are on the hunt for 100% unscented Argan oil. If you want the pure stuff, go out and get it -I like Josie Maran's Argan Oil - it is perfume free yet it has a scent, but it is hardly noticeable and pleasant. It absorbs quickly, multi-purpose and leaves no oily residue. The pure oil has done wonders for my skin and although I apply it to the tips of my hair to prevent split ends, the pure oil is a little much to use on my entire head of hair on a daily basis. This brings me to my review of the Moroccanoil product line, particularly the Moroccanoil oil treatment. Although these products are not 100% Argan oil - they don't need to be. They have enough to make a huge difference. A little goes a long way. However, it should be noted that they are not completely natural so if that is an issue, go with something else. But if you are like me, someone with unruly, unmanageable, untamed hair who just wants a product line that does what it claims it will do --Moroccanoil is it. First of all, their products don't claim to be pure Argan oil, they are "infused with Argan oil" which is true and the majority of the claims on their packaging are not about the benefits of Argan oil alone but about the benefits of their products --which are all true and accurate. After ONE use of the oil treatment, I saw a huge difference. My hair was silky, smooth, manageable and easily styled. The biggest change I saw was when I used Moroccanoil's Restorative Treatment - one use and my hair was like a completely different person's head of hair - frizz free, soft, shiny and controlled. Blow drying was a breeze. The oil treatment absorbs into hair rapidly and in combination with either their intense curl cream or styling cream - I am able to have beautiful hair either curly or straight with very little effort. The curl cream has defined my curls like no other product with zero residue and no crunch. The styling cream gave my hair volume and incredible shine and the next day I used an iron to straighten even more and sealed it with Moroccanoil's Glimmer Shine Spray and the result is extreme shine, zero frizz and no fly-aways. Who doesn't want that? My point is that these products work and are in no way misleading. I have used so many products that truly are misleading and this is simply not one of them. They are pricey but get one or two at a time. They are truly worth the investment. On top of all the wonderful change I have seen in my hair recently, the best is how amazing it smells. The wonderful scent lasts all day and it makes me feel like I've just spent an entire day at the spa. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Most effective mask I've EVER used!, September 20, 2009
I have always loved using hair masks --they make me and my hair feel pampered. However, more often than not, the extra soft results you're supposed to get are unfortunately short-lived. Well, that's not worth spending the extra money and time to condition your hair. Well, NOT the case with this product. On the surface the mask is ultra creamy and smells great so that alone makes using it a wonderful experience but, leave this baby on for 5-10 minutes and the result is super shiny, soft and manageable hair -that lasts all the way until your next shampoo which could be a couple of days away. If you have time, try to towel-dry your hair before applying it. Believe me, I have tried many, many masks and this one, I can truly say, is worth every penny.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2012 7:38 AM PDT

Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream, 16.9-Ounce Bottle
Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream, 16.9-Ounce Bottle
Price: $39.94
7 used & new from $39.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Curls with ZERO crunch!, September 20, 2009
I purchased this product along with the Moroccan oil and I must say that the combination of the two is truly a perfect prescription for shiny, bouncy, natural curls. I have used this product twice and although I still have a little bit of frizz, most of my usual unruly frizzy mess is no longer. My curls look like they did when I was little kid before my hair was exposed to color, heat and environmental damage. I am hoping with continued use of this product, along with the intense hydrating masque from Moroccan Oil, that eventually my frizz will be completely controlled. My favorite thing about this product is not only how easy and fast it is to wear my curls naturally, but also that the end result (once your hair is dry) is soft and shiny NOT hard and crunchy like so many other curl defining products. For someone with curly hair, I have never encountered a product as effective at bringing out the best in my curls. My hair looks like I woke up in the morning to naturally beautiful locks and walked out the door without the need to style my hair for hours. This product does not give you that "wet look" which so many of us curly haired gals hate nor does it give you curls that appear to be frozen in time. I highly recommend this product, in fact, this entire line of products. They are not cheap but you don't need to use more than a dime-size for most of Moroccan Oil's products to see magnificent results.

FHI Heat Nano Weight Pro 1900 Turbo Dryer
FHI Heat Nano Weight Pro 1900 Turbo Dryer
Price: $79.99 - $150.00

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!! Far superior to the the Bespoke Labs T3, September 5, 2009
Two years ago I purchased the Bespoke Labs T3 dryer for the tourmaline ceramic feature and because it was light weight (13 oz). I loved it except for the random moments the dryer decided not to turn on. I have long, fine, curly hair and it dried it quickly but hated how unreliable it was. Well, I finally decided to make the switch and went with this dryer for the following reasons: Tourmaline ceramic technology, lightweight (lighter than the T3), low EMF, 1900 watts (lots of power gets the job done), 3 heat settings AND brings a diffuser for curly hair (unlikethe T3) along with the concentrator. But, the best part is, I paid half the price for this dryer than I did for the T3. So if you are debating, go with this one. In addition, it should be noted that the T3 dried my hair in about 45 min. (counting the minutes the dryer wouldn't turn back on) and this dryer did the job in under 25 minutes! That is the fastest I have ever taken my hair from soaking wet to completely dry, shiny and frizz-free. The dryer is quiet, SUPER LIGHT, small (great for travel) and easy to handle. You would never guess the power that comes out of this thing when you look at how compact and light it is. It's almost too hot, powerful and fast that it is hard to keep up with! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. SALON QUALITY RESULTS!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2011 8:13 AM PST

Profiles Spa 24 Roller Flocked Hairsetter Curling Set
Profiles Spa 24 Roller Flocked Hairsetter Curling Set
Price: $39.38
8 used & new from $36.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, August 27, 2009
This product is well worth the money. The flocked (soft, fuzzy) surface of the roller helps hold the hair in place. Curlers heat up quickly (15 min max) and it does not take long to set hair to create voluminous, soft, beautiful, natural looking curls. I use this product several times a week in the morning before work and it does not take too long for those that are in a hurry in the morning. I also have a curling iron but I prefer the use of these rollers because of the incredible volume, softness and natural look of the curl. Curls do not look frozen or stiff as you often get with curling irons. Tip: Use a heat protection spray before you place hair around the roller. Once all of your hair is on the rollers, add a bit of flexible hair spray while it is cooling. Your curls will last all day! Rollers come with 24 clips (not the metal pins) and they are very easy to use although I think I would have preferred if these came with the large white clamp clips because they seem to hold the hair better than the ones in this set. But that is minor - especially since you can always buy extra clips. -- Overall, great product, set is not too large so takes up less room than other sets and works great!