Profile for Robert W. Schatz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert W. Schatz RSS Feed

Nexus 7 from Google (7-Inch, 16 GB, Black) by ASUS (2013) Tablet
Nexus 7 from Google (7-Inch, 16 GB, Black) by ASUS (2013) Tablet
Price: Click here to see our price
159 used & new from $114.99

4.0 out of 5 stars My First Tablet, May 22, 2014
Well the title gives away the fact that I have not owned any other tablets for comparison but I am an I-phone user and my daughter has an ipad mini so I have played with that a bit. Overall I enjoy the tablet. I have had it for about a year now and just have a couple of gripes to share. I use it primarily to watch video content, either Netflix, youtube or streaming comedy central programs.

I really dislike the power/wake button location being on the side of the unit near the volume buttons. The proximity and similar shape of the power button to the volume buttons has caused me to mistakenly turn the tablet off when I intended to turn the volume up. Very irritating when you are all comfy in a dark room watching a movie.

Second gripe is the fact that can't watch content from Amazon prime service on this device. Not sure who really deserves the blame on this one, Amazon or Google, but it is very irritating not to be able to use a device for what you want to use it for (I experienced similar irritations with Apple products). Can't we all just get along?

Again, overall I am very happy. I just wanted to share my criticism in the event that they might sway a potential buyer one way or the other.

3M Peltor Ultimate 10 Hearing Protector
3M Peltor Ultimate 10 Hearing Protector
Price: $21.47
37 used & new from $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., April 21, 2014
I purchased these muffs about a year ago to wear while riding my mower. They are comfortable enough to wear for the 2-3 hour mowing process. I have to admit that it feels good to take them off. The inward pressure squeezes your head pretty good, but I imagine that is part of what helps them work well. I have not had a chance to wear them for shooting. I am please with the product and I would purchase them again.

Pentagon Tools Pro Series Heavy Duty Drywall Lift and Panel Hoist 11 Foot Professional Quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for my small project, April 21, 2014
I needed an inexpensive lift to install (20) sheets of 1/2" thick 4'x8' drywall at a ceiling height of 8'-6". This unit set up easily and worked flawlessly for me. This was my first time using a lift and after reading the directions I was confident in using the tool. I am pleased with the purchase.

ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder Yellow
ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder Yellow
Price: $49.95
8 used & new from $40.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, December 30, 2013
I read about this in family handyman and when my previous stud finder died I decided to upgrade. I love that you do not have to wait several seconds like my old stud finder did for it to calibrate. I also love that I can see a wider area and the multiple lights make it very simple to visualize where the stud is. I have owned it for several months and used it 5 or 6 times. So far it is great.

Stephen Colbert's "Farewell to Postage" Postage
Stephen Colbert's "Farewell to Postage" Postage

3.0 out of 5 stars Where does the money go..., September 15, 2011
I really liked this idea, we all buy stamps saying good bye to the post office (as a joke) and really end up raising funds for the post office. But, 20 stamps at $0.44 is $8.80. Where is the rest of the money going? I don't mind overpaying for stamps if it goes to help the post office. And WTF on the $6.99 shipping? Seriously? You could pull off one of the 44 cent stamps and mail the other 19!?!? Good idea, bad execution.