Profile for Ms Muffintop > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 179

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ms Muffintop RSS Feed (Mile High Frazier Park, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Garnier 100% Color Vitamin-Enriched Gel Crème, 010 Intense Black
Garnier 100% Color Vitamin-Enriched Gel Crème, 010 Intense Black
Offered by The Candy/Cosmetic Depot
Price: $6.59
9 used & new from $2.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good stuff, July 19, 2014
I give this points for being less drippy than L'oreal excellent. The black that it covered was a nice shiny intense black. It's less than a 5 because it didn't cover my stubborn greys. It covered the new root growth well enough, but the silvery grey hair around my temples is still grey! Also I wish this product came with a comb through in lieu of just a nozzle. The comb applicator makes it easier to get in and around all the hair.
I will buy this again because I like the thick viscosity of the gel, and alternate with using a foam style hair dye to get an over all coverage

Like a Beggar
Like a Beggar
by Ellen Bass
Price: $12.61
49 used & new from $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A poet after my own heart, May 23, 2014
This review is from: Like a Beggar (Paperback)
This woman can turn a phrase to curl my toes or make me spontaneously burst out laughing, even when I'm alone, reading to myself. Wow. I would call her a poet's poet, but you know what? That doesn't really do her justice. She's more like a "non-poet's poet." If you think you don't like poetry, if you think it's all like bad high school haiku, or Hallmark greeting card angst - then you've never known the delight of a contemporary word-smith. Read Ellen Bass, and you'll be smiling ear to ear. Namaste Ms Bass!

Sombra Warm Therapy Natural Pain Relieving Gel, 8-Ounce
Sombra Warm Therapy Natural Pain Relieving Gel, 8-Ounce
Price: $14.27
25 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, May 12, 2014
I like the pleasantly slightly citrus smell of this as compared to the minty odor of Ben-gay. As compared to Tiger Balm, which I also use, Sombra is airier, lighter. If Tiger Balm has the consistency of toothpaste at room temperature, this stuff is like custard. The lightness makes it absorb into my skin faster. Does not stain my clothes. I can even put it on the back of my neck and my shoulders and it doesn't make my hair greasy.

HP Deskjet 1000 Printer (CH340A#B1H)
HP Deskjet 1000 Printer (CH340A#B1H)
Offered by Jupiter Mall
Price: $61.95
14 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bare bones printer, March 31, 2014
For the money an impressive value. I purchased this on sale as a Christmas gift for a young friend who is in college. This kind of printer does well for the person printing basic text. On sale the price can't be beat. If it lasts you through college you can upgrade to a laser printer. Until then, it will probably meet your needs.

It's probably too basic for even a small office, as it doesn't combine with other functions, lacking a scanner and copier.

L'Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Hair Color, 2B Intense Blue Black
L'Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Hair Color, 2B Intense Blue Black
Price: $7.79
8 used & new from $2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than average applicator!, March 31, 2014
I've been using this product for over ten years, since I first started to color my hair to cover grays. My grey pattern is salt and peppery so I've been resisting that platinum princess look. I'm half Japanese and my natural black is almost blue. This product gets points for covering the white hairs and making them true black, not purple or blue. Also high points for the comb shaped applicator. It's easier to get inbtween the swaths of hair with this verses a regular single nozzle. Low points though for gloppy-ness. This stuff is messy!

The newer foam based products don't drip as much, but those do not saturate the hair as well. I gave the Vidal Sasson product a higher rating for viscosity; it did not drip down my neck as this did. When that hair color went out of stock I returned to Excellence, and remembered how much I like the ease of application. If someone would put the hair comb of this product into that one we would have a winner!

Smartwool Men's Midweight Zip T, Black size M
Smartwool Men's Midweight Zip T, Black size M

5.0 out of 5 stars Have purchased more than one, March 17, 2014
I am a big fan of smart wool because in this case you get what you pay for. Sure, it's more than a cotton poly teeshirt, but it's warm, thin and stylish. Matches anything, can be worn under or over another shirt. Gotta love machine washable wool! Some people put them in the dryer as well, I would suggest you do that cautiously, as wool can shrink. I find these shirts last many years. The zipper is well made and does not wear out.

Flows Like Water
Flows Like Water
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Aptly named, March 17, 2014
This review is from: Flows Like Water (MP3 Music)
Here is a soothing smooth jazzy piece that flows like water. Johannes Lindstead brings it on with exquisite fingering and impressive transitions. Music in the old world style, sounds good.

Total Yoga
Total Yoga
DVD ~ Ganga White
Offered by Media Favorites
Price: $11.25
21 used & new from $3.43

5.0 out of 5 stars total value for the money, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Total Yoga (DVD)
This is an older yoga dvd to be sure - it has some issues that speak to the era when it was filmed. For example, each time a more "advanced" modification is offered, the teacher mentions it on the second side. If you want to do the more advanced modification make note, otherwise you'll (like me) keep doing it unevenly, with the first side in the more basic option. Also, some of the transitions are instantaneous. If I had an old school video cassette I guess I would be hitting pause. But I can't get from the floor all the way over to the wall as quickly as Tracy gets there. These are small things -

The work outs are sensible whole body yoga sequences. The sun salute warm ups put this in a flow category style. The sun salutes were unique in that they included a rolling on the back maneuver. The explanations of poses was clearly articulated and the speed was medium: not static like Iynegar, and not as fast as Vinyasa. My preference would be the speed of this video because you get at least a few breaths in each pose.

The stage is relatively bare and the music minimalistic. If you are a yoga dork like me with a consistent practice looking to fill out your dvd selections this is an excellent value. Rotate in four new sequences ! If you are new to yoga this is an inexpensive way to supplement what you might learn from a live teacher at a gym or studio. As usual, I can't recommend learning yoga completely on-line. I think of video as a supplement to your personal practice not a replacement

DAKINE Frankton iPad Messenger Bag (Blue Stripes)
DAKINE Frankton iPad Messenger Bag (Blue Stripes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and just the right size, January 16, 2014
Advertised as an iPad Messenger bag and just the right size for the job. Sturdy construction and a nice color. I would recommend this to a friend

NOW Foods Sweet Almond Oil, Moisturizing Oil, 16 ounce
NOW Foods Sweet Almond Oil, Moisturizing Oil, 16 ounce
Offered by Action Development Group
Price: $11.00
42 used & new from $7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells good and absorbs fast, January 16, 2014
I don't like when massage oil stays on the skin leaving you greasy feeling. This stuff absorbs in quickly. Is silky enough to massage yourself or a friend. The smell is pleasant, but not overpowering. I used to use hand and/or body lotion on my dry skin. And increasingly I found lotions too highly perfumed. This stuff is not scented, all what you are smelling is the natural smell of almond oil. I'm switching over to this instead of hand or body lotions.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18