Profile for Cameron Webb > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cameron Webb RSS Feed

English Teacher X Guide To Teaching English Abroad (2015 Edition) (ETX Classroom Guides That Don't Suck)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh gods, funny!, May 26, 2014
Ths is hilarious, first of all, but also, weirdly, one of the most useful collections of industry-specific dirt I've read.

Lodge LCC3 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Combo Cooker, 3-Quart
Lodge LCC3 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Combo Cooker, 3-Quart
Price: $34.99
49 used & new from $31.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly Useful, April 20, 2013
Maybe it's just that I'm new to this whole cast iron thing I've heard so much about, but this combo cooker surprised me with its versatility. Unlike with the George Foreman Grill, or my trusty non-stick frying pan, I can't seem to mess things up when I'm using the Lodge. It's like it knows.

Oh Myyy!: There Goes The Internet
Oh Myyy!: There Goes The Internet
by George Takei
Price: $9.99
32 used & new from $4.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Naughty Uncle George, April 20, 2013
What a weird, wonderful book. I imagine the legendary "Takei bump" accompanied by a hip motion and the sound of a kettle drum.

The Education of Millionaires: It's Not What You Think and It's Not Too Late
The Education of Millionaires: It's Not What You Think and It's Not Too Late
by Michael Ellsberg
48 used & new from $4.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Why This Book Inspired Me To Go BACK To College, January 6, 2012
This book has inspired me to take out a loan and go back to school.

"Education of Millionaires" is not about how good an idea it is to drop out; Ellsberg is simply trying to familiarize people with a resourceful mindset in a world where good reasons to plunk down for a name-brand diploma are harder to come by. The issue is on the public mind. I found his personal, confessional tone effective and appropriate for the topic. Dropping out of school is probably emotional for people who have done it or are considering it.

I dropped out, myself, but I have actually always wanted a degree. I see this in retrospect. I'm not saying everyone should, or that everyone shouldn't; just that I do. The expense is a challenge, but I've already discovered unbelievable amounts of resources specifically designed to help people finish their degrees, and it took me, like, two hours to find them. Like Ellsberg admits about himself, I also have a ways to go toward being as resourceful as I want to be, but I get his point: even if resourcefulness is not directly taught in school, it is a learnable skill-set, and in light of what's going on in the world right now, it's probably worth focusing on.