Profile for celt-rock > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

celt-rock RSS Feed (Burlington, VT United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
New HDD Hard Drvie Cable 821-1480-A Fit MacBook Pro Unibody 13" A1278 2012 MD101
Offered by MissJin
Price: $25.00
24 used & new from $22.00

1.0 out of 5 stars It works when you get it but then fails on you when you least expect it., June 1, 2015
I got the dreaded flashing folder with a question mark and upon searching the internet I found that there was the possibility that it wasn't my hard drive that had failed but rather my SATA cable. I jumped on Amazon, found this cable and promptly ordered it. I was happy with how it was shipped, more than secure in all its padding and I was happy with how it fit... just like the original. What I am NOT happy about is that this $30 fix lasted me only 3 months... exactly. 3 months and then back to the flashing question-mark folder whereas the original cable lasted almost 3 years. Granted the original cable should NEVER HAVE BEEN DEFECTIVE IN THE FIRST PLACE but hey, such is life in these modern times. For the money, this should have lasted at LEAST as long as the original.

Update International EP-12 Stainless Steel Frothing Pitcher, 12-Ounce
Update International EP-12 Stainless Steel Frothing Pitcher, 12-Ounce
Offered by Court House Supplies
Price: $7.39
70 used & new from $3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Works like it should and the spout makes it so that ..., January 11, 2015
It's a cup for frothing milk. Works like it should and the spout makes it so that the milk doesn't
go all over when I pour it out. It's fine.

Dockers Men's Signature Khaki D1 Slim Fit Flat Front Pant, British Khaki, 34x32
Dockers Men's Signature Khaki D1 Slim Fit Flat Front Pant, British Khaki, 34x32
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pair of pants, January 11, 2015
Aside from a strange luster that these pants seem to have, they're comfortable, fit
well and are my first foray into the world of pants that aren't pleated or baggy. They
fit pretty much like jeans which is what I was looking for.

Little Giant 554425 VCMA-20ULS Condensate Removal 1/30 HP Pump with Safety Switch
Price: $41.20
18 used & new from $35.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Giant, the magical water removery type device., December 21, 2014
Seems to work great though I've never actually seen it work. I bought this for an apartment and each time I go into the basement it's still there and the water isn't. Either it's working or it's magical and either way I'm getting my money's worth. Don't worry. When and if it craps out on me I'll let you know and we can see how long it lasted.... together.

On-Stage GS7355 Hang-It Triple Guitar Stand
On-Stage GS7355 Hang-It Triple Guitar Stand
Price: $27.95
12 used & new from $27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A slightly twisted love affair with this stand., December 21, 2014
I'm writing this review because I find myself back here at Amazon looking to replace my guitar stand which
did not break, was not inadequate and did not fail me but rather nurtured and supported me and my guitars
for years only to have been unceremoniously left at a gig, set aside like a piece of trash alone and confused
in the van of some other band who is hopefully caring for and loving this stand like I couldn't, like I didn't.

When used correctly this stand did not support one, not two but three guitars at all times on stage, often-times
while other bands came and went, working around our equipment. The only time that it faltered, that it fell
holding my precious stage guitars was when I moved the entire setup from one side of the stage to the other.
One of my guitar straps became arranged under one of the legs and when I went to grab that guitar the whole
thing went teetering over. Was it my stand's fault? Nay. What kind of jack-a@# moves three guitars hanging
on a triple tree guitar stand and doesn't check to make sure the straps weren't in a precarious position?

This stand very bravely and selflessly held two electrics and an acoustic guitar gig after gig. Those three sure
are going to miss that guitar stand. They were a family and now that family has been torn apart.

Sure the orange surgical tubing cracked and deteriorated to the point of becoming dust, I knew going in to this relationship that that
would happen. Everyone knows that orange stuff is crap and is most likely why this new incarnation of my stand carries
only the black, more durable foam. I didn't care. I bought some clear tubing at HD, cut it to size and made this
thing look totally B/A. That is some lucky a@# dude who went home with my guitar stand. If I ever find you,
I will have my revenge.

And so I find myself here... back at Amazon and ready to drop another $30 into supporting my guitars on stage.
It's pretty cheap if you think about it, certainly cheaper than supporting actual kids. I will gladly shell out the $30
to replace my stand and then, someday, if ever I'm reunited with my first love, I'll have an excuse to have SIX
guitars on stage at once.

In a moment of weakness I thought maybe I could do better. Maybe I could find a stand that was a little prettier,
younger with fancy accessories. I was wrong. It may be a bit too late but I can admit it. It's always been you
baby and I just don't feel the same about those other stands as I do about you. I thought I might get the triple
stands with the bottom cradles, or the 3-in-line stands that fold up into a little suitcasey type thing. None of them
have what you have. A simple-a@# design that just does what it's supposed to do without any attitude, no lip.
Sure you were getting on in years, tended to flop around a little too much when all I wanted was for you to just
lie straight so I could put you in the mic stand bag. I didn't realize how lucky I was to have you until you had gone.

By the way, don't buy those other stands, the ones with that bottom cradle U-shaped piece that you're supposed to set
your guitar on and then the neck only rests against the top cradle piece. Those stupid bottom cradles that you always
lose? Terrible design. With THIS stand your guitar hangs from the top hook so it can NEVER, EVER fall off the stand.
With those other stands your guitar is supported by the bottom cradle but only resting on the top one, recipe for getting
your guitar knocked over. I repeat my above statement when I say that for the last 4 years I've used this stand on stage
and only once due to my own incompetence did it ever fall over. I will find you my precious. We will see each other
again. If not in this lifetime, then in another. Until we meet again... adieu...
Comment Comment | Permalink

Shubb GC-30T Deluxe 12 String Guitar Capo - Stainless Steel
Shubb GC-30T Deluxe 12 String Guitar Capo - Stainless Steel
Price: $22.97
5 used & new from $20.87

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is the only one that I've found that ..., December 15, 2014
This thing is the only one that I've found that works on my Washburn 12 String.
Used it for a production of Jesus Christ Superstar. It did require a little bit of retuning
but it was consistent across the strings as opposed to only the low notes being crazy
out of tune with the other capos.

Shure WA302 2.5-Feet Instrument Cable, 4-Pin Mini Connector (TA4F) to 1/4-Inch Connector
Price: $14.82
16 used & new from $5.47

2.0 out of 5 stars Not typical Shure quality... hope this isn't the new typical., August 12, 2014
I'm now buying my third cable. As everyone else states, they don't last that long. I wonder if posting this review on the Shure PGX Wireless unit will get any attention from Shure. There stuff is usually rock solid and lasts for years, these cables each lasted maybe only a year or two each. For me that's only 40 gigs. The first one I got to last a little longer by actually going in and repairing the solder joint but everything in there is so small, it's not at all like soldering a regular guitar cable. The latest one broke in a different way. The brass female connectors inside the end which goes to the belt pack actually started coming out of its housing. Completely broke the connection inside. I would buy something different if I could but the wireless unit itself cost around $300 and it's quite an investment to get a different unit. So here I'll just keep throwing $16 at the problem.

Musician's Gear Deluxe Amp Stand Black
Musician's Gear Deluxe Amp Stand Black
Offered by Woodwind and Brasswind
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent stand for the money, August 11, 2014
I don't have anything more to offer than what the other reviewer's have also said. You simply cannot use the highest setting, it puts the center of gravity beyond the legs and the amp is tippy. I'm using a 1X12 Fender Deluxe Reverb, nothing huge. If I put it on the second setting it sits just fine. I was hoping to be able to get it up a bit higher but have found that the second setting is actually adequate. It's at least higher than a chair which is what I had been using up until now. For the price you really can't beat it. I haven't had a problem with the arms being too short in the back and allowing the amp to fall backwards, it clears the open space in the back of my amp just fine. I can also store some stuff under the amp while on stage and clean things up a bit which helps. It folds down okay for storage but if you're really cramped for space you've got to remove the two arms as they are rather bulky and cumbersome when left attached. I would recommend this to anyone looking to get their amp off the floor higher than chair height. Guess I didn't need to attach those Fender Kick Back legs on my amp...

Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Pavilion Electronics
Price: $398.99
111 used & new from $279.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Spots appear in photos, August 11, 2014
I love this camera, but what I don't love are the spots that have started appearing in the same place on each picture. Doesn't matter if we change the lens, it's still there which means it's something internal on the light sensor or something. A friend of ours also has spots appear in her photos. They are small, black/grey spots that look more like mold spots. In some pictures you don't even notice but when taking a landscape picture they really stand out in a beautiful blue sky. My hope is that Canon recognizes this problem and has fixed it in newer cameras. In the old days you could just take off the lens and clean the mirror for SLR Film cameras. Cleaning the light sensor on these is beyond my pay grade.

Other than that it's a great camera, battery's last forever before needing a charge, holds quite a few videos and photos (one trip we had 550 photos before finally downloading to our computer). Other than the spots it seems pretty durable and decent quality photos. I wouldn't complain so much about the spots except that it appears to be a common problem with this camera. Otherwise I would have thought that we had just done something to screw it up.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2014 11:40 AM PDT

Wooden Pirates Cutlass Sword
Wooden Pirates Cutlass Sword
Offered by SDN Retail
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $16.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected, June 12, 2014
So I got the notification asking me to rate this product. I asked my son how he liked his sword and he answered with two thumbs up.
I asked him if it was broken yet and he said "not even a little". My son is a 9 year old little parkour-ninja monster. He received this for his birthday almost exactly a month ago. I thought for sure I would be using it for kindling right about now but it's still going strong. It's big enough for a man but light enough for his little 52 lb. body (did I mention he's a little parkour-ninja monster?). Arrived quickly and in perfect shape. Great sword, highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5