Profile for Dr.Fire > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dr.Fire RSS Feed (USA)

InSinkErator Evolution Compact 3/4 HP Household Garbage Disposer
InSinkErator Evolution Compact 3/4 HP Household Garbage Disposer
Price: $174.00
35 used & new from $169.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a nice disposer!, May 3, 2008
I just installed this disposer to replace an inferior GE product. I got used to the loud noise and scary vibration the cheap GE disposer produced. When I turn this Insinkerator on, I couldn't believe how quiet and steady it is. It's beautiful. My previous GE did such a bad job grinding that it actually clogged my drain pipes. I'm grinding all sorts of things in this disposer. You can't beat the price to quality ratio either. I'm so glad I bought it. I'm an Insinkerator customer for life now.

La Crosse Technology  WT-5120U Projection Alarm Clock with Outdoor Temperature
La Crosse Technology WT-5120U Projection Alarm Clock with Outdoor Temperature

4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good alarm clock/thermometer combo, December 20, 2006
I am writing to vindicate this product a little bit. All the complaints about the laser being too faint were not justified. Sure, the laser is not visible in a lighted room, but it works perfectly well in a dark room, which is the purpose of this feature...why would I want to look at laser projection on the ceiling in a lit room? I especially like the auto time update feature, which means that I don't ever need to adjust my clock again...extremely useful for my busy lifestyle. The product is also very kid-proof. You can have a toddler pressing all the buttons on this clock, and the only thing that may change is the orientation of the projected text. The thermometer portion is fairly good, and comes with an indoor humidity measurement, too. The only bad thing is that it's a pain to insert the AC cable into the clock. The slot is so small that it's difficult to push the connector in with your finger. All in all, it's a good purchase.

Naxa NAM-984 Dual Handheld Wireless Microphone Starter Kit with Wireless FM Receiver
Price: $18.84
27 used & new from $14.89

1.0 out of 5 stars What a piece of junk!, December 7, 2006
I was tempted by the low price of this item. The only reviewer before me gave it a 5-star rating. Although aware of the unreliability of a single review, I decided to gave it a shot, and paid $10 for shipping--no other way since it's sold through a third party. $28 later, I was holding the biggest $#!* I've seen in a while! The construction feels very cheap, and the instruction manual makes absolutely no sense as if written by a 3-year old. And the worst of all, only one of the two microphones worked. Even the one that works is horrible--the sound out of the speaker is very weak unless you cup your hand around your mouth and the mic. It uses a 9-volt battery in each of the two mics, and that's another 5 bucks out of my pocket. You know what? I'll probably have to eat the $33, since the seller does not refund any shipping charges and charges a hefty fee for returns. Well, I learned a lesson...things are cheap for a reason!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2013 6:02 PM PDT

Walking With Prehistoric Beasts
Walking With Prehistoric Beasts
DVD ~ Kenneth Branagh
Offered by Serenity-Now
Price: $39.99
21 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good DVD for a low price, March 14, 2006
I saw this piece on the discovery channel and was intrigued enough to want to have a copy. The documentary is very well done and interesting, although the animation looks a little more obvious than "Walking with Dinosaurs". For the low price, it's a great educational DVD for the kids, plus fun enough for adults, too!

Philips DVDQ35AT Progressive-Scan DVD Player
Philips DVDQ35AT Progressive-Scan DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy!, May 23, 2003
This DVD looks nice, plays well, and sells for an unbeatable price. The thing that I like most about it is that it can play more DVDs (e.g. other region codes) than my Sony. My sony is very unforgiving in that respect. The only negative is that it takes the machine a bit long to load the DVD. But all in all, it's a great product.