Profile for Byron C. W. Venn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Byron C. W. Venn "The Book Devil" RSS Feed (Folsom, CA United States)

Dorman 77030 Buick/Chevrolet/GMC/Oldsmobile/Pontiac Driver Side Replacement Interior Door Handle
Price: $14.34
35 used & new from $9.93

4.0 out of 5 stars It worked with some modifications to the original bolting pattern ..., December 22, 2014
It worked with some modifications to the original bolting pattern. Three out of four of the original fastners worked on my 87 El Camino, I did need to get a single sheet metal screw to bolt it in completeley

Ventrue: Lords Over the Damned (Vampire the Requiem)
Ventrue: Lords Over the Damned (Vampire the Requiem)
28 used & new from $5.80

3.0 out of 5 stars The Ventrue: Justice or Injustice?, February 26, 2009
When I first heard about the clan books I was stoked! I was so excited that I would finally be able to hear more about the clans and learn more of their heritage and secrets, I was very anxious to be able to read about them. The Ventrue book was the first one to be launched, I was so excited because I always have been a huge fan of the Ventrue, however I did like the Ventrue book for the most part. The Various stories within were decent. I especially liked the story of King Rat, and of Luke the Lords of uncommon territory. However the rest of the book didn't seem too interesting, I never really could get into their historical parts. Based on Mechanics however with only ONE bloodline, and an admittedly weak one at that. Its not worth what White Wolf asks for, rather the Amazon.Com price is. I'm not saying its a bad book, but its not the greatest book, however I do like it, and it making Malkavia a disease is indeed most interesting.

Bloodlines: The Hidden (Vampire: The Requiem)
Bloodlines: The Hidden (Vampire: The Requiem)
62 used & new from $0.98

4.0 out of 5 stars The Better of the Bloodlines, October 11, 2006
Well Whitewolf disappointed me in Bloodlines:The Legendary, which didn't present anything too legendary (see my other review of that title for the real legendary bloodlines). However this book is the better of the two. A few of the Bloodlines are a little rediculous like the Alucinor(dream Vampires)and the Qedeshah(female vampires who almost seem like healers) he rest of the book is golden. Among my top ten favorite Bloodlines this book offers four of them.

The Bohagande: Gangrel who have the ability to basically ruin the luck of those who run a foul of them. They have a native american spin put on them. I like them because honestly the Gangrel and the Nosferatu seem to get the short end of the stick on bloodlines and well, just reading about these Gangrel intrigued me and gave me ALOT of ideas for my chronicles.

Morotrophians: The best way to think of these Nosferatu is like a whole group of qwack surgeons, Doctors, nurses aides, Orderlies, and prison guards. They like the whole idea of being in control of the power structure of whatever area these Haunts haunt (haha, pun intended, unfortunetly. Once again these guys gave me some great ideas, and there disciplines also are very unique. While useless out in the open, but behind closed doors these disciplines can be very dangerous. While perhaps not the best character for a player, the Morotrphians to make wonderful allies or antagonists.

Oberlochs: Not much to say for them. However I will let the reader use there imagination and say some words, just combine them, and here are the words: Hill Billy, Deliverence, Vampire, Gangrel, Mid-west.

The funny thing about Oberlochs is that they seem to know more about Were-wolves then they do about vampires......

Rakshasa: Where as the Burakumin are japanese Nosferatu, these haunts are Indian. I like these guys because they put a more global touch on vampire. They are basically deal brokers, and warriors. Who really don't belong to any covenent due to there strange and foregin ways.

All in all Bloodlines:The Hidden is an excellent book, plenty of ideas for allies, antagonists, and players! the only thing that stops the book from getting a 5 is the lack of balance of making bloodlines equal (as in the total number) in the book

Vampire Bloodlines The Legendary (Vampire: The Requiem)
Vampire Bloodlines The Legendary (Vampire: The Requiem)
41 used & new from $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars They say this one is improved?, October 10, 2006
Well I had initially bought this book in the hopes that it was on the same level as Bloodlines the Hidden, but this book fell short of what my hopes were. There were only a few intresting bloodlines that really stood out to me that I think I'll use in my chronicles. However to start with, the opening story that was put into this book was lacking and wasn't really that good, in fact after reading it I went back and reread another one of the better ones in the books (that being the Lancea Sanctum and Bloodlines:The Hidden). The only Bloodlines that really stood out to me are The Children OF Judas, a group of Deava who were born out of Suicide, The Galloi, a group of horrificly beautiful Nosferatu, The Macellarius, A group of Gluttonous Ventrue who weigh 300+ pounds and can eat human, werewolf, vampire or any other flesh, And Finally the PLayers, a bunch of Mekhet who get off on being the stereotypical vampires (they have the nicknames of: Wannabes, Posers, and other less printable names. And there character concepts made me laugh!. The other down side was the lack of Gangrel and Nosferatu bloodlines (it seems as though those are few and far between anyway) If however you really need to add more bloodlines, then Buy Bloodlines:The Hidden, thats the better book. However if you TRULY need this book, at least buy it used to save you some heartache and wallet ache out of the dissappointment you'll receive.

Lord Soth (Dragonlance Warriors, Vol. 6)
Lord Soth (Dragonlance Warriors, Vol. 6)
by Edo VanBelkom
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
55 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a great villan, April 8, 2003
Lord soth was one of the best books I have read. It tells us the tale of how lord soth. The most prominent hero there was in Krynn. In this book we see how he falls from grace and becomes a mockery of what he once stood for. When everLord soth commited another act of evil . I cringed as he went closer to the dark side

Darkstalkers 3
Darkstalkers 3
Offered by MPSSTORE
Price: $379.99
37 used & new from $9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT Fighting Game, August 18, 2002
This review is from: Darkstalkers 3 (CD-ROM)
Oh, Capcom you are my savioir, I have Played every street fighter game, and there Ok, but darkstalkers 3 is excellent, its like finding a diamond in a ruby mind, darkstalkers 3 is an EXCELLENT game, Buy it here on amazon, because i had to look high and low to find it

The Brave Little Toaster (Disney Presents) [VHS]
The Brave Little Toaster (Disney Presents) [VHS]
VHS
Offered by Onlinecheapbooks
Price: $12.91
45 used & new from $0.13

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this Movie, June 1, 2002
The Brave Little Toaster is my favorite disney movie bacause it is one of the few disney movies without talking animals, I throughly enjoyed the brave little toaster and i still watch it on vhs from time to time, i hope that it comes out on DVD soon. This Movie is one that the Entire Family will love.