Profile for xcmhx > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

xcmhx RSS Feed

Insten® 4 Pack LCD Screen Protector Shield Cover Compatible With Apple® iPhone® 1st Generation (NOT Compatible With iPhone® 3G)
Offered by Eforcity
Price: $3.47
2 used & new from $3.47

1.0 out of 5 stars CAVEAT EMPTOR, January 30, 2014
I order iPhone screen protector and instead receive "Insten LCD Screen Protectors. Some generic Chinese thing that won't even fit ANY iPhone. What a scam. Buyer BEWARE.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Corsair Vengeance 1300 Analog 3.5mm Gaming Headset (CA-9011111-WW)
Corsair Vengeance 1300 Analog 3.5mm Gaming Headset (CA-9011111-WW)
Offered by BinkieMelane
2 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Big comfortable wonderful, March 5, 2013
I've owned lots of headphones, from cheap dollar store check out lane phones to some really nice sonys and sennheisers. These headphones are really my favorite. I was amazed at the size of these when I received them. Huuuge. But so soft and comfortable. They sound amazing too, and the microphone is just a cherry on top. I didn't really need a mic, but it's cool to have and flips neatly back and I forget it's even there. It's also got a mute button on the cable for the mic and a volume wheel for the speakers. These do distort at loud volumes, so maybe someone who is looking for some high quality studio recording professional headphones should look elsewhere. But if you like to game and don't need the volume at deafening levels to enjoy it, then these headphones are the big blue comfy couch you've been looking for.

Creative Labs SB0880 PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card
Creative Labs SB0880 PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card
3 used & new from $48.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sound quality, hit and miss software., March 5, 2013
I've owned a handful of soundcards, mostly of the creative sound blaster product line. I remember the first ones I bought were basically to get anything better than onboard sound. When I purchased this card I thought at the time I had done enough research, and had learned a thing or two about sound cards. I built a brand new computer last year, everything from the case inward was planned researched and purchased to assemble a monster gaming and audio recording rig. I like to play modern games and occassionaly record music on pc. I chose this card based on the prior success I had with a sound blaster live 5.1 card I owned for at least 3 years prior and because of the other features. I feel like I made a great choice.

The sound is fantastic, and I hadn't really went through all of the features until recently when I started digging into the software programs like the console launcher. It's a fantastic tool that I have not seen before with any other sound card. It's great to have 3 different modes that I can switch to based on what I am doing on my computer at the moment. The feature feels, though, that it could be just a bit better if it had some type of profile settings that you could save. Sure, the program remembers that I like to have bass boosted when I'm playing games to feel the explosions rumble, and to tone down the low notes and add a little more hifi exciter when I'm listening to music but it feels like there could be more personalization to each of the modes so that I don't have to tweak little things like auto-muting the speakers when I switch to headphones while gaming, but I don't mind if the speakers are on even with my headphones attached during audio creation mode. Just little things like that I feel could be improved but maybe they are hardcodes that the developers really have no control over. That's beyond me.

As far as the quality goes I really do feel like this is a fantastic piece of hardware. Could there be better quality cards out there? Sure, but I feel like I got a good deal with this. If there is a increase in quality out there I would think it would be pretty minute. The only real beef I have is with the software itself. Beyond the lack of personal profiles I have had quite a few issues with the software not loading, driver errors, and occassionaly my machine reporting that I do not have a compatible sound blaster card installed to launch a sound blaster app. It's usually a quick fix of hopping over to the creative site and either downloading a new driver or uninstalling/reinstalling a program. That is where I have been frustrated. If the software wouldn't fail I would give it a 5 star rating. If this product failed or was damaged/lost or stolen I do believe I would repurchase this card or another from creative. I've owned many of their products and have never been let down, give or take a few software errors. If you got the money and you're looking for a hi quality card for gaming, music listening, or audio creation grab this hardware. Just be ready to fuss with the programs a few times and make sure you have the correct pci slot on your motherboard.

Professional Cable ST35MM-06 Stereo 3.5 mm 6 Feet M/M Cable - Black
Professional Cable ST35MM-06 Stereo 3.5 mm 6 Feet M/M Cable - Black
Offered by Daily-use
Price: $1.58
62 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not 6 FT!, December 25, 2011
I gotta go out on a limb here and call-out this item. I do not believe it is a 6 foot cord. Maybe 3 foot POSSIBLY 4. Definitely not 6 foot though. Good quality cable, small disappointment in size but will still work for what I need. Guess if I REALLY was concerned about the length I would get this same type item from another seller or possibly a cord that was excessively longer than needed so I didn't end up on the short end of the stick... er, cable.

niceEshop Pink Nunchuck Controller for Nintendo Wii
niceEshop Pink Nunchuck Controller for Nintendo Wii
Offered by SELL BELOW COST
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, November 7, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Basically junk. Yeah sure, it was cheap but there are two problems with it. For one the color does NOT match the pink wii remote perfectly. It's close, sure, but just a shade lighter and that bothers me. Second, when using it for play it has connectivity issues. For example, playing Super Mario Galaxy while performing the spin attack used frequently throughout the game a message box displays informing you that the connection between nunchuk and remote has been lost making the game stop until you fix the problem. It's not the actual physical piece of equipment that loses connection though, as in the nunchuk is still wired to the controller, it's that some wiring or data transfer connection is broken and the game reads that the nunchuk has been disconnected. Also during play the message appears and disappears at random anytime a slight tug is made on the physical wire causing this nunchuk to be completely unusable, a waste of money, and an epic fail. Don't fall for this aftermarket crap. Now I have to throw it away as it will cost as much as I paid for the item itself just to ship it back for a refund. I'm not in the habit of just handing people my money and getting nothing in return so I would never purchase a product from this company again.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2014 6:04 PM PST

Shogun Gold Edition - PC
Shogun Gold Edition - PC
Offered by GameWizard
Price: $12.49
6 used & new from $8.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Total War in its infancy, October 22, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Battle across Medieval Japan with ninjas and samarai in a test of patience and strategy and have fun along the way. The first title in the Total War series kicks off with a nice bang, but it does lack variety. The gold edition also comes packed with solid extras that might keep you playing just a bit longer than you would expect. The game may be getting up there in age, but a time tested formula seemingly based off a popular board game definately offers hours of entertainment. Overall, Shogun Gold is a worthy purchase and if you like history and strategy you won't be disappointed.

Shogun is basically the foundation Total War game and has little to no variation. All of the factions have such minute differences that it's really hard to pick a favorite, or compare them in any way. The only difference are the leader names and the faction colors. That's not to say the game isn't fascinating or fun. That it is. But there is really little variety here. All factions can build the exact same troops, the exact same buildings, at the exact same times. I was hoping for at least a few unique units. The very essence of this game is what I fell in love with total war to begin with. The battle engine is great fun, and starting with a small army conquering province after province until a final battle between my large and powerful army and what remains of my enemies is the heart and soul that this game offers. Even if I have to use the same little men over and over again, it's still enjoyable in the end. I can definately see though how this might become monotonous over time. The overall lasting appeal of the base game is probably not that great. After conquering the world a few times with a couple of factions will probably be enough to shelf this one, which is a little sad. What might bring it off the shelf from time to time is nostalgia, and possibly the bonus features.

The Gold edition of this game comes fresh with Mongol Invasion expansions and several historical battles. From the campaign select screen, the player has the option to play the first game "Sengoku Jidai" or a few other start dates which was a very cool discovery for me. The historical battles are nice as well and offer plenty of edutainment. This adds to the replay value of this game which makes me feel less guilty about the price I had to pay for a game that is 10 years old.

The age of this game shows, but not too bad. Running this game on a Windows PC loading with an Intel graphics chip and Vista I was able to see all of the flash the game has to offer. In battle maps, rivers run niceley under small bridges while birds flock together through pine trees that sprawl mountains and valleys with the occassional farm land or village interrupting the very natural looking scenery. It's a nice contrast from the campaign map which feels like a traditional table-top board game. I can't help but feel I'm playing a special Japanese flavored edition of Risk. It's obvious where the idea for Shogun stemmed from, but the format works for all the hours of gameplay within.

It's not suprising that this title began so many spin-offs and it's evident now why a sequel is in the works. The lack of variation between factions was a bit disappointing, but the expansion pack makes up for that. I like Risk too, so I don't mind feeling as though I'm playing a board game on a PC. So all in all, if you enjoy history and especially if you are interested in Japanese culture and strategy games then this title is a good decision.