Profile for slypig > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

slypig "mo.slypig" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
KitchenAid KICA0WH 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker Stand Mixer Attachment
KitchenAid KICA0WH 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker Stand Mixer Attachment
Price: Click here to see our price
41 used & new from $61.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Homemade Ice Cream is THE BEST!, August 5, 2009
I was dying for this ice cream maker and I finally got it on a Friday deal.

Anyway, I give this Ice Cream Maker Attachment a 5 star review because it is does everything it is supposed to.

You put the bowl in the freezer and let it freeze over night. Put the attachment on the mixer and the bowl, turn the mixer on, pour the mix in and let it churn on speed 1 for 15-20 mins.

It comes with an operator's manual with recipes for basic Ice Cream and Sorbets. I used this several times and I made a few different variations.

So far, I have made Oreo, Root Beer Float flavored (my own recipe), Strawberry and Blackberry Ice Cream. Strawberry was my favorite so far. I also made Raspberry Sorbet and it was to die for.

The only way you could screw this up is if you don't follow the directions by geting the batter or bowl cold enough. I also bought the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Book to go a long with my mixer.

I think it is a great investment and if you love homemade ice cream and using your KitchenAid mixer, you should get it.

There are quite a few videos on YouTube of people making ice cream using their mixer and attachment.

Dogswell Biscuit Breathies Chicken 10 Oz
Dogswell Biscuit Breathies Chicken 10 Oz

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog Loves these!, August 5, 2009
I have a Red Doberman Pinscher with a very sensitive stomach. Most treats give him the runs. These Breathies are wonderful.

He likes them very much and they do not upset his stomach. They do smell minty too. It improves his breath somewhat, but it can only do so much for a dog that will eat poop if he gets a chance! :-)

I give him the choice of which treat he wants and he always picks the Breathies. I would recommend these to anyone that has a dog with a sensative stomach and bad breath.

Also, the 3rd party seller of these treats were wonderful too.

VillaWare V2005 UNO Petite Belgian 3 Waffler
VillaWare V2005 UNO Petite Belgian 3 Waffler

4.0 out of 5 stars Super small waffles, January 26, 2009
I bought this as a gift for my mom. I was disappointed to hear that it arrived with something broke off. Instead of telling me she super glued it back on. It works.
Anyway, the waffler creates very nice thick and fluffy waffles. I really thought they would be bigger and I was suprised to see they are literally 3" waffles.
If I hear anymore about this product falling apart etc, I will give an update.

Etnies Women's Myra Mary Jane,Black/Charcoal,8 M US
Etnies Women's Myra Mary Jane,Black/Charcoal,8 M US

3.0 out of 5 stars Not true to size, January 26, 2009
I ordered these in size 8. I also ordred a pair of Etnies sneakers. While the sneakers fit, these were extremely tight. Also, the right shoes was stretched out on the side while the left was very tight.
Over all, the shoe was very cute. It has a thick sole that could probably be worn all day.
If you buy these, order a 1/2 size bigger than your true size. I am returning mine since they are kind of "defective".

Etnies Women's Cinch Sneaker
Etnies Women's Cinch Sneaker

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm a poser!, January 26, 2009
I wanted some low profile all black sneakers. I found these Etnies in all Black with a tiny bit of hot pink, the perfect amount.
I don't sk8 but I do think they are comfortable. When you walk, you can feel the padding in the toes, which I really like. The tongue of the shoe is fat but it is attached to the sides of the shoes with elastic so it doesn't move to the side and bug you. I cinch the laces tight so the tongue isn't so fat it sticks out.
I do not like how they pull my socks down in the back when I walk but after a couple days they didn't do that anymore.
I wear a size 8 and they were very close to not fitting. I'm sure if I didn't trim my toe nails they wouldn't fit!!
Over all I like them and I think they work well for keeping my feet comfortable at work and the best of all they make your feet look small! -oh they also come with 2 sets of laces. Black and Hot Pink!

Nine West Pocket In: Wallet Indexer,Travel Brown,one size
Nine West Pocket In: Wallet Indexer,Travel Brown,one size

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful wallet for a great price, December 21, 2008
I bought this for my SIL's Christmas gift. It comes in an attractive 9 west gift box that is shiny and white, which gives a nice presentation.
The hardware is a high quality durable zipper pull. The leather is great with durable yet attractive stitching. The wallet, which is a tri-fold, opens up nicely with plenty of slots for all of those credit cards.
I am giving this wallet 5 stars because it is very well made, has nice hardware and is compact yet holds a great deal of items.

Pike Street 135 Gram Printed Flannel Duvets
Pike Street 135 Gram Printed Flannel Duvets

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice duvet for a wonderful price!, December 21, 2008
I bought the twin size baby bear pattern duvet cover. I washed it before use (with fabric softener) and it felt great. The duvet was a great fit and size. I was even able to put 2 comforters in it to make it extra warm for my daughter. It has an adequate amount of buttons on the bottom so the comforter doesn't bulge out the ends. It also is not extra/too long for the blankets which I find to be a common problem with most duvets. So if you want a warm bed, quick makeover at a low cost go for these. I also bought the matching sheet set and really made her bed look nice, just like the picture above.
I bought the "lodge" print sheets and duvet for my queen bed but haven't used them yet. I will update my review when I do.

Update: I washed and used the Lodge style sheets and duvet for my queen bedding. These sheets are not as soft as the "baby bear" duvet and sheet sets. They were very stiff for being flannel. After I washed them, they did get softer but were no where near the softness of the baby bear style. I also noticed that the colors have bled together on my loverboy's side of the bed (he must sweat), which I didn't think was cool. They are very warm though.

Pike Street 135 Gram Printed Flannel Sheet Set
Pike Street 135 Gram Printed Flannel Sheet Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, warm and super soft!, December 21, 2008
I bought my daughter the baby bear pattern. I washed them before I put them on (of course) on cold and low heat dryer. They are extremely soft and feel very nice on your skin. My daughter said she was very warm with them and excited to have winter sheets. I also got her the matching baby bear duvet cover which made her bed look very cute.
These sheets were made in Pakistan. They are not "brushed" on each side as only one side has the flannel softness, so you definetly want to put the flat sheet with the plain side facing out so the softness is on your skin.
I ordered the "lodge" set for my queen bed but I haven't put them on yet. I will update my review when I do. I am considering getting a set for my guest bedroom too.

Warmrails Towel Shelf Towel Warmer and Drying Shelf
Warmrails Towel Shelf Towel Warmer and Drying Shelf

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hate me because my towels are warm..., December 15, 2008
I love having a warm towel to wrap around me after I open the shower door and that cool air hits me! Oh yes, it is nice.
I will tell you, you have to mess with it to figure out how to fold/arrange your towels correctly so they warm all of the way thru. I have found I can put 6 (not the huge towels) 2 stacks per side on the mid shelf and a few more on top.
The top shelf of course does not heat the towels as well as the middle because it isn't exposing another element. But, for the top I like to fold my wet towel length wise after I shower for it to dry out. I also like to put my robe on top while I am showering to get heated.
It isn't really hot when you don't have towels stuffed in it. I accidentally grabbed the bar and it was hot enough for me to yank my hand back, so be careful. I gave this item a 5 star rating because I think it delivers on what it advertises, it warms the towels well, it is functional since it holds a great deal of towels (and you can hang your hand towels from the lower rack, that is not heated) and it is attractive.
Make sure your towels are folded and not intertwined in the rails as this will not heat them. The more towels you have in there the warmer they are.

Circus
Circus
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $8.29
201 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but Blackout was better, December 14, 2008
This review is from: Circus (Audio CD)
I was eager to hear this CD as I really liked Blackout, her last album that unfortunately didn't get any publicity/press because she was a hot mess and I don't think the title of the album helped..
Anyway, this has some great dance tracks. My favorite right now is Kill The Lights, but Womanizer and Circus are great too. She has a couple of slow songs on here that are nice. The song My Baby is a tribute to her kids and she actually sings instead of being synthasized by a computer. It is sweet and I can see why she did it but it doesn't really fit. But I don't mind. It also has Radar as a bonus track, that is a song from the Blackout Album. I thought is should have been a Single and should have been played instead of Piece of Me. I do think Blackout is more sexually charged than this album which is pretty tame, except for the track If You Seek Amy.
At first you don't think this song makes any sense until you hear what she is really saying f you c-k me... She is being tricky and I like the song after you figure out what didn't make sense..
Overall it is a good CD and I like to listen to it when I work out @ the gym, it is hard not to sing out loud though...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4