Profile for FunnyBaldMan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

FunnyBaldMan RSS Feed (Michigan)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
by Michael S. Hyatt
Price: $14.49
139 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought the audiobook version and ended up buying the hardcover, too. I love this book!, October 2, 2013
I bought the audiobook version of Platform a few months ago and listened to it a few times. I'd usually listen to it while I was driving or mowing the lawn. I always was bummed that I was doing something and couldn't write down the links he mention or other things I wanted to remember. I ended up ordering the hardcover version of his book so I could go through it and highlight all the great things I wanted to remember. Each chapter is on a different "platform" of marketing / social media. If you only are interested in Twitter, then start at the Twitter chapter. He wrote it so you can pick it up and start reading anywhere. I suggest listening or reading the entire book. I love it!

FoxX Holsters Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm & 40 IWB Hybrid Holster (Black Leather)
Offered by FoxX Holsters
Price: $39.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The BEST holster I've ever owned ... BUT, March 7, 2013
After getting a holster with my Smith and Wesson Shield that was HORRIBLE, I went online to search up reviews on other holsters. I watched video reviews on YouTube and read reviews on Amazon. Everyone was raving about Foxx Holsters and I wanted to give them a try. It holds my gun in so it doesn't fall out and lets me get it out in a hurry. You can tell they take pride in their work. It's really well made and so easy to put on and use. I love it. Thanks Foxx Holsters!

UPDATE: After wearing it for a few months I had a couple of problems with the clip that holds it onto my belt. If you happen to bump against anything with it (I was walking by my office door and hit the clip on my doorknob), it bends out and loses the grip to the belt. Since it's not metal I can't bend it back to normal by myself. Now when I take my gun out on the range the holster comes off of my belt and out of my pants along with the gun. That's NOT supposed to happen. I have to order more belt clips now ($5.99 each). DON'T order the "Low Profile Kydex Belt Clip" option. I'm going to try their J Hook Clip kind next time. I hope the J clip version works better. I still like the holster, but the clip knocked it down a star for my review. :(

Smith & Wesson M&P Airgun (Black, Medium)
Smith & Wesson M&P Airgun (Black, Medium)
Price: $39.89
13 used & new from $38.04

5.0 out of 5 stars One powerful air pistol., January 5, 2013
I wanted to get a pistol that my son and I could shoot together. I have a BB gun from when I was little, but it was really weak. I looked at various air pistols, watched video reviews / demonstrations and wanted to try this one. I tried ordering it from another popular sporting goods store online, but they said I had to get a pistol permit from my local police department, send it to them, have them approve it and then ship it out. It would never have gotten to me by Christmas. This is a BB gun, not a 9mm! I'm not sure why they wanted me to jump through all those hoops. I don't know why I didn't think about ordering it on Amazon at the start. They shipped it out in a hurry and it arrived with time to spare for Christmas morning. The gun itself is incredible. It's VERY powerful. The BB (not Airsoft pellet) will go right through one side of a can and completely through another. The gun does have a safety on it, which is nice. It holds 19 BBs and has a magazine for them. It looks just like a Smith and Wesson M&P pistol and DOES NOT have an orange tip on it. The police would probably shoot you if you walked down the street waiving it around. It looks like a real gun, but doesn't have the moving slide, working hammer, etc. After seeing this gun, I couldn't help but think what Santa said in "A Christmas Story", "You'll shoot your eye out, kid." That being said, if a young person is using it, I'd highly suggest adult supervision, eye protection, a target with nothing important behind it, etc. The same rules apply for this gun as they do for a regular gun. It's really that strong. Don't buy this for a child thinking it's probably like the BB gun you had when you were little because it's NOT. Don't send them out to use it alone. When it's put away, make sure it's empty and the BBs are out of it. You could really hurt someone with it. You'll need to buy Co2 cartridges. I also bought some Crosman Pellgunoil. It's supposed to make the Co2 cartridges do better for you if you put a tiny drop of it at the end of the cartridge before you put the Co2 in.

If you are looking for a nice air pistol, I'd highly recommend this one. This is my first Co2 air pistol, so I don't have anything else to compare it to. I love it and would buy the same kind again.

Ecolite #2 8.5x12 Kraft Bubble Mailers Padded Envelopes, Pack of 100
Ecolite #2 8.5x12 Kraft Bubble Mailers Padded Envelopes, Pack of 100
Offered by Pro Packaging
Price: $21.95
7 used & new from $13.46

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so happy I bought these. I ship DVDs and these are perfect for them., January 5, 2013
I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on envelopes and thought I'd give theses a try, even with some of the horrible reviews here. I'm so glad I bought them. They are perfect for what I need them for. I ship DVDs all over the country and around the world. These envelopes fit my DVDs perfectly and are all the protection I need for them. I've tried other envelopes that are white and have almost a plastic bag type feel to them and found them way too thin. These aren't are padded as the expensive ones at the store, but are just fine. You probably won't be able to even see the difference. I've used a lot of them already and never had a problem. I'll be buying more again soon.

Toshiba Camileo S30 Full HD Camcorder (Silver/Black)
Toshiba Camileo S30 Full HD Camcorder (Silver/Black)
Offered by Beach Camera
Price: $99.00
8 used & new from $89.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Only used a few times and it's not recording sound., April 25, 2012
I started out loving this camera. The screen flipped around so you could see yourself (perfect for video blogging, etc.). After using it a few times I started noticing trouble with the sound quality and pretty soon it wouldn't record the audio at all during various videos. I'm totally bummed now. Now it's nothing more than a paperweight for my desk. :(

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It's more than a de-shedding tool, it's MAGIC!, January 30, 2012
I've been a professional magician for over 20 years. I thought I saw every trick in the book .... until I bought the FURminator. We have a new kitten that sheds a lot. I bought the FURminator after hearing about it from a friend. It was a bit expensive at the local pet stores, so I ordered it on Amazon and saved a bundle on it. Once I got it, I tried it out. Now this is where the magic happened.... I got more fur off of my kitten than she appears to have on her entire body. Where does the hair keep coming from? It seemed like it was appearing out of thin air. No magic works, nothing up my sleeve, just the FURminator. She looks the same, but all this hair keeps appear on the end of the FURminator. It's amazing!!! I've used other combs, etc., but never had results like this.

My kitten didn't like it at first, but either started to put up with it or got tired of biting me. Either way, I'm glad she stopped biting. :) The 1.75 inch model was perfect for her (or should I saw Purrrrrrrrfect?). After using the FURminator, I've noticed a big difference on her shedding. I'd highly suggest that you get one and try it out.

I'm going to say some magic words and make this review appear like magic .....
[Magic words blocked by Amazon, due to being too powerful for the average person to read]

Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There
Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There
by Andrea Waltz
Price: $9.84
54 used & new from $4.51

5.0 out of 5 stars He went to bed and bumped his head, and he couldn't get up in the morning. But when he finally woke up, he went for NO!, April 11, 2010
I'd heard about "Go For No" from a few of my friends, so I got it. I have to admit, after reading the first few pages or so, I thought I bought the wrong book. I even checked the cover again to make sure I hadn't picked up a different book by mistake. "How does this fictional story about a guy falling out of bed have anything to do with business?" I asked myself. Then, the entire story came into place. It made sense and I found it an easy read. It's one of the most, if not the most, unusual business books I've ever read. It will make you rethink the way you think about business and sales in general. Read it with an open mind and I think you'll really like it. Those that don't get the concept will continue doing business the old way and wonder why they aren't succeeding as fast as the other guy. You don't have to fall out of bed and hit your head really hard in order to discover this wonderful principle, just buy this book and read it.

John Pullum
Motivational Speaker / Corporate Entertainer / TV Host /
Funny Bald Man

(22x34) The Office (Dwight K Schrute) TV Poster Print
(22x34) The Office (Dwight K Schrute) TV Poster Print

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit with a "The Office Fan", February 12, 2010
My daughter ordered this for a friend as a Christmas gift and her friend loved it. It was the hit of the party for some reason. Nice quality and the seller I bought it from packaged it really well. There were other options on "The Office" posters but her friend LOVES Dwight. If you like Dwight too, you'll probably love this poster. :)

Appreciation Marketing - How to Achieve Greatness Through Gratitude
Appreciation Marketing - How to Achieve Greatness Through Gratitude
by Tommy & Curtis Lewsey Wyatt
36 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone that wants to keep their customers., October 9, 2009
I've been using "Appreciation Marketing" in my motivational speaking and corporate entertainment business for a while now. I really didn't know what to call it. I was thrilled when I saw that Tommy Wyatt and Curtis Lewsey came out with a book on that subject. I saw one review saying "And so the real purpose of their book becomes perfectly clear." after they mentioned a company the use to follow-up with clients. I didn't find it a pitch at all. They simply mentioned one of the tools they use to keep in touch with people. It's a company that makes it easy for people to keep in touch on a personal / appreciation level. It also helps busy companies stay in touch and not take forever doing it. I'd rather hear about a company the author uses than have him keep it a secret. He didn't even mention his link to it. I think if the couple of mentions of this company out of a 136 page book turned off this person, they didn't get the real value of the book. The other 135 and 3/4 pages on this book not mentioning this company, were also wonderful.

Companies are so used to just sending advertisements to clients. A holiday "card" with an advertisement inside isn't showing your appreciation. Some people think that sending a mass email is showing appreciation. Do your clients they keep it? Do they display it? Do they remember you're thoughtful email? Probably not! It ends up with the rest of the spam. Try the techniques they mention in this book and you'll be amazed with the results.

I look forward to their next book on this subject.

Best Regards,
John Pullum
Motivational Speaker, Corporate Entertainer, Television Host
[...]

Outrageous Advertising That's Outrageously Successful: Created for the 99% of Small Business Owners Who Are Dissatisfied with the Results They Get
by Bill Glazer
Price: $15.99
70 used & new from $2.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that EVERY business owner should own. A gem of a find., July 19, 2009
I recently bought this incredible book on Amazon and was thrilled when it arrived. It's not your normal book on marketing. The examples Bill gives in this book might stun some marketers that have always done things the normal way. "My company wouldn't do something like that!" they'll say as they keep getting horrible results from their generic advertising. They'll continue to make their advertising look pretty but not drive in the sales their boss really wants. They'll blame it on the economy or the area they are trying to advertise to. They just won't get it.

Read this book with an open mind and don't be afraid to try some outrageous marketing. It's worked for Bill and countless others. Give it at try and I think / know you'll be amazed at the results you'll get. On LowCostMarketingTips dot com, my internet marketing review site, I gave this book my highest rating. I have a closet full of books on marketing including many by Dan Kennedy, Bill's mentor. I have to say I enjoyed this book more than any I've ever read by Dan or anyone else.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3