Profile for Gary Peterson > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 404

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gary Peterson RSS Feed (San Diego, California USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Peanut Granola Bars 48 Count Value Box
Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Peanut Granola Bars 48 Count Value Box
Offered by Royal Store
Price: $21.29
17 used & new from $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Won't Last Long., February 26, 2015
Mmmmm. Good! These granola bars are much better than the average granola bar. Actually, these bars are labeled as "sweet and salty," but the contents read only 7g of sugar, well within my restricted sugar diet. I found them at Costco in a 48-bar package (different cover the illustration provided here). These are excellent bars and won't last long. Trust me.

Gary Peterson

GE 23 Watt Energy Smart CFL - 100 Watt Replacement (pack of 6)
GE 23 Watt Energy Smart CFL - 100 Watt Replacement (pack of 6)
Offered by ecobeam
Price: $13.44
16 used & new from $13.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Brighter and More Uniform., February 19, 2015
Some time ago, I started replacing the incandescent bulbs in my house with the more energy efficient CFL and LED bulbs. They were expensive and I replaced them one by one with bulbs I found on sale. They worked well and I'm certain my electric bill dropped as a result. However, a number of people remarked that my main living room was too dimly lit. I agreed. Furthermore, the different bulbs in all the different outlets gave off a variety of different hues. To correct this inequality, I purchased a six-pac of GE 23 Watt (100 Watt incandescent equivalent) bulbs in the 5 available places with one left over as a spare. I deliberately wanted the same brand and same wattage in all outlets so as to eliminate the patchwork appearance of the lighting. Largely, it worked and looks better, I'd still like the room to be a bit brighter as it seemed in the old incandescent days, but I guess that asking too much. Hopefully, all the bulbs will last about the same time.

while (1<2)
while (1<2)
Price: $17.89
53 used & new from $9.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant and Interesting Background Music., February 19, 2015
This review is from: while (1<2) (Audio CD)
I've been a deadmau5 fan almost from the beginning. "For Lack of a Better Name" and "Random Album Title" were my favorite CDs and I've purchased most of the others. In my opinion, this guy is a musical genius. In these earlier albums, I used to sit and listen intently. Very enjoyable! However, I think either I've somewhat burned out on deadmau5 music or he has mellowed considerably. Either and/or both are easily understandable. Thus it is that I bought the "while (1,2)" CD. I like it. It's interesting, but I listen in a different way. With this CD, I just put it on at a fairly loud volume and then wander around doing what I have to do with the mua5music as a sonic backdrop. Nice. Very enjoyable, but not the riveting and compelling music of the past. Is deadmua5 mellowing? Probably. But it's still very peasant background music and I enjoy it very much,

Bionaire BT440RC-U 42-Inch 3-Speed Tower Fan with Remote Control
Bionaire BT440RC-U 42-Inch 3-Speed Tower Fan with Remote Control
3 used & new from $52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Been Excellent. I Wouldn't Hesitate to Buy Another., February 19, 2015
For a long time now, I've had a couple tower fans (Seville Classic) to circulate the warm air in the living room and bedroom during the hot summer and fall months. It doesn't cool the air, of course, but slightly moving air feels much cooler and more comfortable than warm stagnant air. Well, one of my tower fans started making small, irregular "clinking" noises and seemed it might be on the verge of breaking down. I just couldn't risk having this fan breaking down while I was not there and my usual pattern is to let the fans run 24 hours a day (they use very little electricity, I might add). Maybe my ailing fan could be repaired, but the the cost of the repairman would probably exceed the cost of a new fan, if you could find a repairman, You all understand the story.

My solution to the fan problem was, on my next trip to Costco, to pick up a new tower fan and I bought this Bionaire model. It's been an excellent fan. It performed faithfully through the last hot season and the new one will be upon us within the next few months. I've been very satisfied with this fan and wouldn't hesitate to buy another should either of my present tower fans go out. It's a sincere compliment.

Gary Peterson

Diet Pepsi (8 Count, 7.5 Fl Oz Each)
Diet Pepsi (8 Count, 7.5 Fl Oz Each)
Price: $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Smaller Cans Are a Great Improvement, In My Opinion., February 19, 2015
Not too long ago, I discovered that Diet Coke could be purchased in 8-packs of 7.5-ounce cans. I loved the size of the can. It was just right for a meal or for having a refreshing drink. The old 12-ounce cans always left me feeling somewhat bloated if I finished them. I was delighted with the smaller can.

When It came time for a new 8-pack, I looked around and found that Diet Pepsi came in the same configuration. It figures. Well, in the Coke vs Pepsi battle, I've always found Pepsi to be an ever-so-slight favorite. Into the shopping cart an 8-pack of Diet Pepsi went. The product is the same as with the larger cans, of course, but the smaller cans are a great improvement, in my opinion.

Gary Peterson
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2015 8:37 PM PST

Teaching Little Fingers to Play: A Book for the Earliest Beginner (John Thompsons Modern Course for The Piano)
by John Thompson
Price: $2.82
115 used & new from $0.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Possible Good Start For My Son's Little Fingers., February 19, 2015
Not too long ago I bought a Casio Keyboard for my 6-year-old son, but I haven't given it to hm as yet. Along with the keyboard, I bought "Teaching Little Fingers to Play" by John Thompson. I know nothing about the piano. However, his grandfather played the accordion in the distant past. Perhaps this book plus Grandpa Mark's keyboard experience will be enough to get him started. If not, a few piano lessons will be in order. We'll see. I'm optimistic,

The book is handsome and nicely illustrated. I can even understand parts of it. I've always wanted to play a keyboard, or any instrument for that matter, so the learning experience should be interesting. He's smart kid. Maybe he'll turn out to be a virtuoso.

Hallmark Wild About Dad Looney Tunes Ceramic Travel Mug - LPR1643
Hallmark Wild About Dad Looney Tunes Ceramic Travel Mug - LPR1643
Offered by ornaments4less-e
Price: $12.99
5 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Coffee Mug From My Son., February 18, 2015
This past Christmas, my 6-year-old son gave me a Hallmark Travel Mug as one of my presents. I suspect Grandpa helped him pick it out. It's one just like the picture, except mine is more greenish than blueish. It's a sturdy, heavy mug with a stainless interior and has the Tasmanian Devil and "Wild About Dad" printed on the outside. Nice! It should work well around the house and travel well in the car.

Gary Peterson

Full Spectrum Light Bulb - ALZO 45 Watt Compact Fluorescent CFL - 5500K- 120V - ALZO Joyous Light Daylight Pure White Light - 2800 Lumens
Offered by ALZO Digital
Price: $13.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright Lights For Some Big Floor Lamps., February 18, 2015
Recently I purchased two good sized floor lamps at IKEA. They're a large sized lamp and could handle good sized bulbs. They came with bulbs about the size of a 100 Watt incandescent bulb and that seemed a waste of an excellent lamp, I purchased two ALZO 45 Watt Compact Fluorescent Lights. What an improvement! It's bright full-spectrum light and makes reading enjoyable again. Plus, they add a lot of light to the surrounding room. Excellent. Just what I needed. They're a bit more expensive than I'd like, but such is life.

Diet Coke, 8 PK, 7.5 oz. Cans
Diet Coke, 8 PK, 7.5 oz. Cans
Price: $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size for a Good Product., February 18, 2015
Here's a nifty item I recently found at my nearby Fresh and Easy Market. It is Diet Coke in 7.5-ounce cans. We all know of Diet Coke, of course, but a 12 ounce can is just too much for me. This 7.5 ounce can is perfect! Nice going!

Bionaire BT014-U Personal Space Mini Tower Fan
Bionaire BT014-U Personal Space Mini Tower Fan
Offered by Shoplet
Price: $33.15
21 used & new from $33.15

5.0 out of 5 stars An Outstanding Small Fan., February 18, 2015
About a year ago, I bought a tower fan package at Costco. It consisted of a tall floor model tower fan suitable for a full-sized room and a smaller fan (about a foot tall) for use on a table or something like that (a mini tower is what they call it here). I was in need of the tall floor model fan and the mini fan was just a freebie for which I saw no particular need. The tall fan was put to immediate summer use, whereas the mini tower mostly just sat on a small living room table. My small fan is model BTO!5 in contrast to the BTO14 listed here, The only visible difference is that mine has a black body, in contrast to the gray body as shown in the illustration.

Although I wouldn't have bought it alone in the first place, the small fan has proven to be quite useful and handy. It's small and easily portable so can be use anywhere in the house. It's quiet and smooth running and provides a good air flow and it looks good mixing in with the other furnishings. I'd have to regard it as one of the better small appliances I have around the house and is definitely an outstanding small fan.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20