Profile for Gary Peterson > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 334

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gary Peterson RSS Feed (San Diego, California USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fiskars 92346935K 62-Inch Pruning Stik
Fiskars 92346935K 62-Inch Pruning Stik
Offered by Grady's Online
Price: $43.22
28 used & new from $43.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful For Trimming Pepper Trees., October 23, 2014
I have a Brazilian Pepper tree in my front yard. Some people consider it a Southern California weed, but I rather like it. It’s about 20 feet tall and has an equal spread. The branches are flexible and droop over giving the tree the shape of a large green umbrella. I have it trained to have a straight, tall (about 10 feet) trunk. To keep it in this shape, the bottom of the drooping tree branches have to be trimmed back about once a year.

I’ve use a variety of tools to trim back the branches, but the best I’ve found is the Fiskars Pruning stick. I can walk around under the tree and lop off all the drooping branches to the height I want (usually about 8 feet above the ground) to give it the umbrella shape. The top always remains unaltered. I’ve used a variety of cutters to perform this task, but my latest acquisition (the Fiskar pruner) is by far the best. The cutting gismo can be easily adjusted to a variety of angles. The cutting blade (quite sharp) is activated by twisting the handle or pulling a cord which runs through the pole. I mostly use the twister. Neat. Very handy. Makes trimming the pepper tree real easy. Why didn’t I discover this handy trimmer years ago?

The illustration, by the way, includes only about 1/3 of the tool and doesn’t include the twister. I bought mine in a nearby garden shop, so there was no problem. I’d have trouble figuring it out from the accompanying illustration.

Gary Peterson

Perrier Lime Flavor Slim Can 8.45 Oz (Pack of 35)
Perrier Lime Flavor Slim Can 8.45 Oz (Pack of 35)
Offered by Tal Depot
Price: $42.00
5 used & new from $12.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Drink. Just what I'm Looking For., October 16, 2014
I’m in the process of modifying my diet and trying to exclude all manufactured sugar, or at least as much as I can. Bottled (or canned) drinks are a problem. I like flavored drinks and I try to choose as many as possible without artificial sweeteners. Recently I discovered 8.4-ounce cans of Perrier Sparking water coming in three flavors. I chose the Lime Flavor. Nice drink! Good, almost bracing flavor. Crisp and tangy. Has a total lack of sweet. I’ll be getting more of these and trying the other flavors too. Just what I’m looking for!

Gary Peterson

Way Better Snacks Tortilla Chips, Simply Sweet Potato, 1.25 Ounce (Pack of 24)
Way Better Snacks Tortilla Chips, Simply Sweet Potato, 1.25 Ounce (Pack of 24)
Price: $27.51
2 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Snack. Good Nutritional Specs., October 16, 2014
In recent months, I’ve been trying to modify my snack menu to include a better mix of ingredients, including a lack of sugar. I found these Way Better Tortilla Chips at a nearby Fresh and Easy Neighborhood Market. They have about a half-dozen varieties and I chose a 1.25-ounce pack of the Sweet Potato Chips. They’re good. Nice and crisp. Good corn-chip flavor. They have salt, but are not overly salty. They have low fat and moderate fiber. Nice shack. I’m looking forward to trying the other kinds.

Gildan Men's Tie Dye Crew Neck Cotton Ripple Tee
Gildan Men's Tie Dye Crew Neck Cotton Ripple Tee
Price: $7.93 - $30.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Tie-Dyed Garment to Stand Out From The Crowd., October 8, 2014
I was given this Gildan tie-dyed Tee Shirt by a Lady Friend from Joshua Tree, California. I probably wouldn't have bought it for myself. I'm much too conservative! Mine is just like the one shown, but it has "Hi-DESERT ROCKHOUNDS (of the Morongo Basin) and the club logo printed in black across upper third of the front. Seeing the rock club gathered together is quite a sight!

In any case, quite apart from the artistic design, it's a nice, soft well-constructed tee shirt and should give a lot of good wear. It takes a bit of courage to wear an item like this as it grabs a lot of attention and generates comments, not all of which are complimentary. It took a little while, but now I enjoy wearing it out and about. I might add that I'm 78 and few people of my age would wear it. Such is life. I rather enjoy it. Nice garment!

Crunchies Freeze-Dried Fruit Snack, Mango, 1.5 Ounce Pouch
Crunchies Freeze-Dried Fruit Snack, Mango, 1.5 Ounce Pouch
Offered by DrVita
Price: $5.54
5 used & new from $5.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but Highly Variable., October 8, 2014
While browsing the snack shelves at my nearby Fresh and Easy Market, I spotted several types of Crunchies Freeze-Dried fruits available in 1.5-ounce bags. There were five servings in a 1.5-ounce bag. Not much of a serving, if you ask me. I chose a bag of Mango Snacks.

Interesting snacks. Low sugar. Tasty. If I had a complaint, it would be that the individual chips were very inconsistent and varied from hard and brittle to “crush to powder” consistency. They varied quite a bit in taste also.That’s all right. It made a good five-serving snack.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Garment. I love it!, October 8, 2014
I’ve always liked Tee Shirts. In recent years, I’ve much preferred the solid colored shirts, in contrast to the “message" Tee Shirts that you more commonly see. I prefer the darker colors: blue, gray, black. Well, I was wandering around in a Costco Store and there was a table of dark slate-gray Champion Tee Shirts with a little white logo.. Nice. I couldn’t resist. Impulse items! It’s a real nice shirt. Fits well. Looks good. It’s Polyester fabric will insure that it remains the same size. I love it!

Gary Peterson

Philips Sonicare Elite Premium Edition Toothbrush with Quadpacer ***Twin Pack*** (2 Handles, 3 Standard brush heads, 2 Charger bases, & 2 Travel cases) PREMIUM EDITION
Offered by X-TREQ
Price: $107.95
40 used & new from $99.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Toothbrush Set, Except for One Brush., October 8, 2014
About a year ago, I bought a Philips Sonicare twin pack of electric toothbrushes. I don’t know why I would buy two brushes as my wife and I are now separated. A lapse of thought, perhaps. In any case, I bought them at Costco and the price was right. It turns out that the two-pack was right in that one of the toothbrushes gave up about a month ago. I’m still annoyed, I might add.

The Sonicare is quite a good toothbrush. I’m quite pleased with them, except for the early demise of one. Are these things Made in China? Just joking. It does a good job, according to my dental tech. The heads are long lasting, much longer than a conventional toothbrush, and it comes with an extra brush head, and a couple travel cases. Nice set.

The feature I best like about the Sonicare is the two-minute timer. I focus on brushing the four quadrants of my mouth (top, bottom, one side, the other side) for 30 seconds each. This is much longer than in using my conventional brush and can only be for the better. All in all, I’m very pleased, but I’m docking the rating by a pint for the failure of the one brush.

Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame, 1.58 Ounce, 12 Count
Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame, 1.58 Ounce, 12 Count
Price: $12.91
2 used & new from $12.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Snack with Good Nutrition Specs., October 8, 2014
I’ve been on a diet for about 8 months now and I’m very pleased with losing about 25 pounds with very little effort. It’s called the “SOS Diet - Stop Only Sugar.” However, I still like to snack so I’ve been seeking out sugar-free (also refined carbohydrate-free items) for such indulgences. One such item is Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame in some small (1.58 ounce) bags which I purchase at a nearby Fresh and Easy Market. My latest bag is a spicy Wasabi variety. I don’t particularly like soybeans, but the added flavoring helps a lot. These things are spicy, to be sure, and the soy bean taste is well masked. They’re quite good. The only problem I have with them is that they’re quite unevenly flavored. Some are mild, and just as I like, and others are excruciatingly hot. I mean, at time I have to squeeze my eyes shut and top breathing for a while. It’s more than I can take. If you like this typeof wild flavor, they by all means indulge. Other flavorings are available. I should add.

Gary Peterson

Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers, Cheddar Cheese, 2.0 Ounce (Pack of 48)
Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers, Cheddar Cheese, 2.0 Ounce (Pack of 48)
Offered by Cookie Kid
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cracker in a Convient Container., October 7, 2014
My nearby Fresh and Easy Market now shelves Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers in two varieties (Cheddar and Whole Grain). I’ve always liked Goldfish. They taste a lot like Cheezits, but seem lighter in flavor, which I prefer. I buy mine in these nifty 2-ounce cartons. They’re just right for a serving and they’re easy to stack away on my pantry shelves. Nice combination. One thing I like is that they are a snack item but they have only a trace of sugar (less than 1 gr/serving). My boy (6) loves them too and they’re one of the better snack alternatives. I usually get the Whole Grain type because it induces less guilt feelings about snacking.

Gary Peterson

Zevia All Natural Soda, Rainbow Pack, 12 Ounce (Pack of 24) Frustration Free Package
Price: $21.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior to Other Diet Sodas., October 7, 2014
My nearby Fresh and Easy Market recently introduced a line of Zevia Diet Soft drinks. I’ve now tried about a half-dozen: Cola, Cherry Cola, Ginger Root Beer, Creme Soda and a few others. Quite good! Nice tastes. Not overwhelming. I particularly like the colas. Te drinks strike me as superior to other available diet sodas. Period. Not overly costly. I now pick some up every time I go to the store. Good product. Please note that my store only carries 16-ounce cans and this item, as listed, is 12-ounce. No difference.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20