Profile for Susan L. Rubendall > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Susan L. Rubendall RSS Feed (Rockford, IL USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Midwest Can 2300 Gas Can - 2 Gallon Capacity
Midwest Can 2300 Gas Can - 2 Gallon Capacity
Price: $17.27
33 used & new from $10.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to remove cap without pliers, June 20, 2013
Basically I destroyed the can while trying to remove the end cap. The seal in the base of the spout was distorted. Essentially unusable. I will have to discard this piece of junk without ever putting any gas in it. This looks like a triumph of the legal department over the engineering department. The can should be perfectly safe as it is impossible to get any gas out of the spout.

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro Pro 15000mAh Triple Port Portable Charger with PowerIQ Fastest Backup External Battery Power Pack for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Galaxy Tab 3, 2, Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Digital Cameras, Camcorder and more (Apple adapters - 30 pin and lightning, Samsung 30 pin adapter, not included)
2 used & new from $93.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe it or not, it runs a spinning wheel., November 18, 2012
I know that most people purchase this device to charge electronics, such as phones and tablet computers. I, on the other hand, followed the advice of many people at ravelry.com and purchased it to run my electric spinning wheel (spinning as in yarn, not as in exercise bike).

Considering that I am asking the Anker External Battery Pack to actually power a motor rather than charge a battery, my expectations were rather low. Two hours would be enough to keep me running through a demonstration. I'm finding, however, that the battery life is more like four to six hours.

My only quibble is that when I stop spinning for 30 seconds, the Anker turns off and must be turned on again with a press of a button. This, of course, saves power, but it is a bit inconvenient. I'd love to be able to switch that feature on and off.

IK Multimedia iRig KEYS
IK Multimedia iRig KEYS
Price: $92.97
20 used & new from $79.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not reliable, November 8, 2012
The first iRig KEYS I ordered arrived with the IOS cable missing. Amazon replaced the entire product and shipped a new keyboard by next-day air. The second keyboard had both cables, but either the keyboard or the IOS cable was defective. It worked about 25 percent of the time. I emailed customer service and received a note back stating that the problem could be with the keyboard or with the cable. My only recourse was to return the keyboard to iRig at my expense and then wait two to three weeks for a replacement.

Thank goodness for Amazon's liberal return policy. I am returning the keyboard to Amazon and am not ordering a replacement. I cannot recommend this product or the manufacturer's customer service, but I certainly can recommend Amazon.

Potboiler
Potboiler
by Jesse Kellerman
93 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific fun, August 30, 2012
This review is from: Potboiler (Hardcover)
Don't buy this book if you're looking for a traditional thriller. It is not that at all. It's a farce, funnier than any that I've read. The premise, the plot, the characters, and the location are all quite impossible, but they worked together to keep me reading until I came to the quite implausible, yet thoroughly satisfying end. How else could it have ended?

QQ-Tech® Apple iPad Air / iPad 5 Case 360 Degrees Rotating Case Smart Cover Stand (Black)
Offered by Sparkling Tech
Price: $5.99
2 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect cover for new iPad, April 12, 2012
I have owned all three iPad models and have used three covers. This cover is the best. It stands firmly at many angles, both landscape and portrait. Although, obviously, the iPad in this case is thicker and heavier than a naked iPad, it still fits in my purse.

After you order, be sure to send email to the seller asking for the color you want. I got a quick, polite response followed by the bright red case that allows me to grab myniPad rather than my husband's iPad in a black case.

Victims: An Alex Delaware Novel (Alex Delaware Novels)
Victims: An Alex Delaware Novel (Alex Delaware Novels)
by Jonathan Kellerman
342 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Back on track, March 3, 2012
I'm delighted that Kellerman is back on track with Delaware and Sturgis working together on a case with psychological issues. I'd about given up on this series, but I'm happy to have bought this book.

Oster FPSTBW8207-S Electric Wine Bottle Opener, Silver
Oster FPSTBW8207-S Electric Wine Bottle Opener, Silver
Price: $17.99
6 used & new from $14.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for wax cork tops, February 18, 2012
I am happy with my Oster Wine Opener, but I almost broke it trying to open a bottle with a wax insert on top of the cork, which some brands use in lieu of the typical foil cover. Be sure that you pry the wax out of the bottle before using the wine opener. If you don't do that, it's likely to get stuck in the opener, and it's not much fun trying to carefully dig it out without damaging any parts.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific customer support, June 20, 2011
My husband loves our Twist 'n Sparkle so much that when we had a problem with a defective unit, I ordered a new one from Amazon before contacting ISI. Customer support at ISI was terrific. They rushed a replacement unit to us immediately, so my husband is again happily sipping his bubbly water with just a bit of lime.

PCmover Ultimate
PCmover Ultimate
Offered by LookoutDeals
Price: $18.99
5 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars PCMover works with Parallels to put Windows on Mac, November 3, 2010
This review is from: PCmover Ultimate (CD-ROM)
Unfortunately, Parallels will not transfer OEM Windows installations (the Windows that comes installed on most new PCs). It won't transfer Windows or applications. It won't even transfer data. Parallels customer support acknowledges the problem but offers no solutions.

Fortunately, there is a solution. It's not cheap, but it will work. Here's what you need to install Windows and transfer applications and data from your PC (a PC with an OEM version of Windows).

1. Parallels software and cable.
2. Windows Home or better on disks of some kind.
3. PCMover from LapLink. You don't need their cable if you have the Parallels cable. Laplink PC Mover Moving Kit

Here's the process:
Install Parallels on your Mac.
Install Windows through Parallels Desktop on your Mac.
Install PCMover through Parallels Desktop on your Mac and on your PC.
Connect the special USB cable.
Transfer files and programs.

That's it. And it really works.

Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac [Old Version]
Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac [Old Version]
5 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Solution to Parallels not transferring OEM Windows to Mac, November 3, 2010

1. Parallels software and cable.
2. Windows Home or better on disks of some kind.

Here's the process:
Install Parallels on your Mac.
Install Windows through Parallels Desktop on your Mac.
Install PCMover through Parallels Desktop on your Mac and on your PC.
Connect the special USB cable.
Transfer files and programs.

That's it. And it really works.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2010 4:47 AM PST