Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for D > Reviews

Browse

D's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D "Darren" RSS Feed (KC)

Worldchanging, Revised Edition: A User's Guide for the 21st Century
Worldchanging, Revised Edition: A User's Guide for the 21st Century
by Alex Steffen
Price: $27.50
96 used & new from $0.76

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing book for every citizen on earth, August 8, 2011
This book is an exceptional book I would recommend for almost every reader. If any problems in the world seem insurmountable, this book has a section about all the amazing people and organizations who are making progress with every major problem humanity faces. The articles are interesting and well written, and there is plenty of material worth looking up for more information. It is an amazing starting point for dealing with the major issues which humanity faces in the 21st century!

The Medici Conspiracy: The Illicit Journey of Looted Antiquities--From Italy's Tomb Raiders to the World's Greatest Museums
by Peter Watson
34 used & new from $3.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating but a little information overload, May 7, 2007
This book is a well written, well researched book about looted antiquities. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in the subject, or anyone interested in looted art in general. If I have any complaint, it is that the book at times gives too much information, which slows down the pace of the narrative as the author reveals how the investigation of Medici, Robert Hecht, Robin Symes, Marion True, and others came to pass.

What the Bleep Do We Know!?
What the Bleep Do We Know!?
DVD ~ Marlee Matlin
92 used & new from $0.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable to the open minded, March 22, 2005
This review is from: What the Bleep Do We Know!? (DVD)
I have studied physics quite a bit, and I found the movie very enjoyable....

A couple of the many things you should know before watching:

Quantum physics is the physics of possibilities....in quantum physics, there is a .00000001% chance that you can walk on water, but you would have to try for an eternity to achive it.....in quantum physics anything is possible, but many possible realities aren't probable.....

Also, light is both a wave and a particle....which means our reality is waves of possibilities until we examine it with our eyes and find it to be particles....

Lots of scientific concepts are taken to an abstact level in this movie, and with a basic knowlege of physics it makes for a very fun journey....

I found Ramtha to be the least knowledgeable speaker by leaps and bounds....but she does have a basic knowledge of physics and human biology that she uses in conjunction with new age concepts....but sometimes she just babbles and tries to sound profound.

It covers too many concepts at too rapid of a pace to discuss specific concepts....

Hiroshima
Hiroshima
DVD ~ Lynne Adams
7 used & new from $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A perversion of History, March 11, 2004
This review is from: Hiroshima (DVD)
Here are the facts, none of which appear in this movie:
1. The US dropped the atomic bombs on Japan so that Japan would surrender to the US before the USSR declared war on Japan (The USSR was then an ally of the Allied Powers) This gave the US a superior diplomatic position over the USSR.
2. The US dropped the bomb in order to test the effectivness of a nuclear weapon on a populated area.
Both of these points are verifiable with White House / Pentagon memos, and can also be found at the Atomic Bomb Museum in Hiroshima, or the Atomic Bomb Museum's website....it is also worth noting why the US chose Hiroshima as a primary target:
1. Hiroshima was chosen because the city had not been bombed by conventional allied bombers. For this reason, it would be easier to tell how effective the atomic bomb was against a populated area.
2. Hiroshima was a manufacturing city, with a military base. Therfore, destroying Hiroshima would slow Japanese production and industry.
It should also be noted that the US dropped thousands of (conventional) bombs on Japan AFTER Japan surrendered (a war crime, under Nuremberg laws).
Here is testimony taken from a suvivor of the Hiroshima bombing:
"She came toward me, carrying a baby on her back and pulling a three-year-old and five-year-old by the hand. Her face was black and swollen large. It was afternoon, and she and the children were hungry. I gave them my lunch. She said they were thirsty. I went to get some water and when I got back, the three and five-year-olds had died while eating my lunch. The mother had died while breast-feeding the baby, who was still alive and suckling. The sight of them reduced me to tears. I made a little shelter out of .......Then I thought about my mother. I was confident she was safe at home, and thought about asking her to make......
Then when I got home, she was not there. A woman with a black face was lying in the air-raid shelter. Who are you? I asked. "
If you want a more accurate picture of the atomic bombings in Japan, I suggest you look elsewhere....please excuse my lack of proofreading, I don't have much time to write this. The above testimony is a direct quote from the Atomic Bomb Regristry in Hiroshima
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2012 8:23 PM PDT