Profile for M. G. Gagliano > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 606

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. G. Gagliano "Maria" RSS Feed (United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Adventures In Funeral Crashing: (Funeral Crashing Mysteries #1)
Adventures In Funeral Crashing: (Funeral Crashing Mysteries #1)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Murder Mystery For Tweens & Young Adult Fans, October 24, 2014
Adventures in Funeral Crashing started out great. Socially awkward Kait Lenox is sixteen and spends her free time crashing funerals.

While at the funeral of a girl who dies a classmate and not just any classmates but the hottest, most popular boy spots her. He believes that there is something not right with all the girls who have been dying of overdoses. Together the two set out to find out who has been injecting the girls with drugs.

This mystery/romance is fun, interesting and perfect for your tweens, young adults and fans of the genre.

The author does a good job with dialogue between the characters. No obnoxious voices just real feel people

SKLZ EPP High Density Foam Roller, 12-Inch
SKLZ EPP High Density Foam Roller, 12-Inch
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars For Exercise, Stretching and So Much More, October 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love working out. I love stretching and I love trying out new ways to exercise. I have the 12 inch roller however the rollers do go up in size.

The roller is solidly built! It is very sturdy! There are a lot of reviews stating that it is sturdy which could give a buyer the impression that it could be painful and hard. It is actually quiet comfortable. I have used it for situps which I do very carefully due to many, many abdominal surgeries and a problem back but never feel uncomfortable. Actually it is the opposite. I find it perfect.

Even my kids have started using it just to do leg rolls while they watch TV.

I have used it mostly for my yoga stretching but also I keep it under my desk to roll my feet on. Keeps the legs going while I sit and type but also feels really good on my feet.

My favorite use is for my yoga stretching.

Wish I had the larger one

Valuepedic Contour Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Valuepedic Contour Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Price: $21.60
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sleep of My Life, October 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I want one for the whole family. It was probably the best sleep I have had in a very long time and now know I need a Memory Foam Mattress too!

The memory foam definitely contours to your head and neck. It does in fact feel cooler on your head I am guessing this has to do with the holes that allow the pillow to breath and air to move through it.

I love that the cover is removable for washing.

Most of all I love that whether I am on my back or my side the pillow doesn't need adjusting like my other. I feel like I fluff my pillow a few times during the night depending on how I use it.

I also love that when I used it just for propping up my back to read to my daughter the firmness of it did wonders for my back. Usually with pillow I start out OK but as my body sinks into the pillow I have to readjust or end up with back or neck pain. This pillow did not need readjusting at all.

Great pillow and the price isn't bad at all.

Pillows for the whole family!!!!!!!!

T-Rex Trying and Trying: The Unfortunate Trials of a Modern Prehistoric Family
T-Rex Trying and Trying: The Unfortunate Trials of a Modern Prehistoric Family
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $9.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Awww Having Little Arms Makes Things Difficult and A Bit Commical, October 17, 2014
My kids and I always joke about T-Rex arms especially when they are getting dressed and their arms are caught up in their shirts. It is the running joke in the house so we were so happy to review this book about all the jokes we never even though of when it came to the T-Rex and what they couldn't do.

In this book which is just some quick drawing on each page depicting a T-Rex trying to do something like push a wheel barrow or pick lint out of his belly button it would be obviously very difficult.

We just sat there reading and laughing about the poor T and his little bitty arms. Just more proof that God has a sense of humor.

The books mostly shows T-Rex but there is also a She-Rex and a Wee Rex but don't worry it doesn't get into how they made Wee Rex although T does try to spoon She and also tries to buy her lingerie so if this is not something you want to read to your kids, you have been warned.

My kids thought the book was really funny small are jokes aside; the T-Rex is shown to be a sensitive being and the drawings make him very expressive. It was his face that made us laugh sometimes. Awesome job Hugh Murphy

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories (Penguin Classics)
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories (Penguin Classics)
by Washington Irving
Price: $8.21
46 used & new from $4.14

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Called A Classic For A Reason!Timeless Work of Art, October 16, 2014
The 411:

While The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories is not hard to read, the terminology is different but I found it so pleasant. This was writing and definitely reminds us how far the English language has evolved. There were times I felt that I have been missing out by reading what I currently read and how much better my vocabulary would be if I had stuck to the classics.

I have not finished the book yet but so far my favorite has been The Voyage and The Widow and Her Son.

In The Voyage Washington Irving speaks about the beauty, tranquil feel of the endless sea but also his fear of perishing in the violent waves. It is truly a wonderful piece of work and set me up for wanting to read more.

The Widow and Her Son is another piece of work where the words are so lovely you want to cry just reading them. It is about a mother mourning her son and the gripping words that explain the coffin being lowered into the ground and the creaking of the cords adding to the anguish of the mother. My heart literally broke into two.

Sweet day, so pure, so calm, so bright,
The bridal of the earth and sky.

I can't wait to read more and analyze the beauty of the words of Washington Irving.

DII Round Woven/Braided Placemats/Chargers, Metallic Red, Set of 6
DII Round Woven/Braided Placemats/Chargers, Metallic Red, Set of 6
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Tablescape Addition, October 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We received these in a large cardboard box that was so light so we knew for sure it was the placemats. We definitely laughed because not only was the box large but there was three strips of air filled bubble wrap. There is no way these placemats would be damaged during slipping. They were perfectly flat.

When we opened the clear plastic we were actually amazed at how beautiful they were, This photo does them no justice. They are a beautiful, festive red that is so shimmery and picks up the light.

They were so stunning that my 9 year old actually started walking toward her bedroom with them when I asked her where she was going she said there are no placemats here.

They are large and we can't wait to use them.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable 5-Piece Everyday Kitchen Basic Dishtowel Set, Includes 4 Dishtowels and 1 Dishcloth, Oversized, Dark Brown
Price: $21.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Kitchen Dishtowels, October 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received yesterday. They come in a plastic bag and look very high quality to me. I have a ton of dishtowels but none of them seem as nice as this. The colors are wonderful. Chocolate brown and a cream. While they are truly beautiful, I don't feel like they are super absorbent. The aren't wet after but still damp. The ones that are just brown are definitely more absorbent and I think it has to do with the honeycomb design on it.

They are beautiful though!

When Calls the Heart - Change of Heart
When Calls the Heart - Change of Heart
Offered by BuckeyeState-Bulk
Price: $16.99
13 used & new from $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A movie you can watch with the whole family, October 14, 2014
We have written about What Calls The Heart before when we reviewed the first movie from the series. We don't have The Hallmark Channel so we have to wait for the movie to come out on DVD.

The kids were off yesterday so I sat down to watch this beautiful series starring Lori Loughlin from Full House.

The mining town has been trying to rebuild itself since the mining accident took many of the men and life is trying to get back to semblance of normal.

Fans will be happy to see that Elizabeth and her Mounty Jack are taking their relationship to a new level while Elizabeth's younger sister drops into town.

What I love most is how sweet, quiet and lovely this series is. It reminds me of my childhood and the shows that were on TV while I was a child.

This is a show you can watch with your whole family without fear that a curse or slang word will be dropped. There will be no uncomfortable, sexy scenes that you hope are over your kids head while you squirm in your seat waiting for the scene to end. No my friend! This is a lovely show where girls are modest and men are gentlemen. Even when they are thinking of "courting" a woman or trying to use her in the case of this particular movie (there is a bad group of thieving men), the scene doesn't take on a despicable overly sexist position and the woman does get the last word with a slap on his cheek.

Thanks Michael Landon Jr and Hallmark for continuing to make family friendly movies and shows that you can watch even if your kids are awake!

ALEX Toys - Craft, Color a Rocket Children's Kit with (6) Washable Markers and Cardboard Rocket, 198R
Price: $34.99
13 used & new from $27.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Creative and Imaginative Fun For Kids, October 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We loved this and felt that the size and quality was great. My gamer kids turned off their electronic devices and spent 3 hours working on this rocket which made this mom very happy.

There are 6 washable markers that came with it but we added a few of our own just to get more color. While coloring we all commented on how long the markers last and how great the coverage was. Each marker has a thicker and thinner size depending on what you were coloring. The markers colored a whole lot and still have more ink. We need to be able to buy these markers alone. Truly our favorites.

The cardboard that this is made of is also very durable. A few have written about the sturdiness but we felt it was very sturdy. It is cardboard so it is going to eventually after play become less sturdy but you have to know your kid. We did have to reinforce the door with clear packing tape only because the door moves back and forth and the weight of it tends to pull from the corner. We did notice a tear before we even put it together but think it was from the kids leaning on it when they were coloring.

Putting it together was easy enough with our only problem being finishing the last two inserts because we felt there was no place to put our hands to get the inserts in now that the rocket was completely closed. My daughter went in and I passed the inserts through the slits while she grabbed and secured. We did secure with clear packing tape once we set it up in her room just to make it stronger.

It is 48 inches high and my 9 year old is loving it. She has it in her room with a blanket on the bottom. She sat in there watching a video on her Kindle which she hung in the window. There are about 10 stuffed animals in there and before bed she went in to read a book.

Very cute and could be a lot of fun for two small kids.

Kid Galaxy Mega Morphibians Amphibious RC Lobster
Kid Galaxy Mega Morphibians Amphibious RC Lobster
Price: $40.98
8 used & new from $35.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool Car but Problem with Battery Compartment, October 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My kids were so excited to get this car out of the packaging. We put the one 9V in the controller and three AAs into the car. At first we couldn't figure out where to put them but then noticed that the top of the car had a slit and we figured out how to pop it off. When I noticed the battery box underneath which is sealed with a plastic black lid that needed to be unscrewed. We got the screw out, inserted the batteries and went to put the lid back on. That was when I noticed that it was not held by one screw but by two. The other screw is attached to the lid of the car. You can get to it by a deeper hole on the outside of the lid. Ok I thought that is strange but lets just close it and be done with it. I am assuming that we were unable to get into the hole to close it properly because every time the kids drove the car somewhere that made it flip or if it went down a curb it flipped and opened, sending the batteries everywhere. Because there is only the one screw and the batteries need to be flip flopped with two being put in one way and one the other (negative and positive you need to remove the entire battery compartment cover. This would not be such a big deal if the lid did pop four times in ten minutes but since we can't get to the other screw fully it pops. I put tape but that is not enough to keep it on. Within fifteen minutes the piece that we had to keep screwing and unscrewing snapped off. The lid doesn't feel like it is fully on ever.

We do love the look at the car. It is very cool and is easily driven with the two controls. The kids love how easily it spins to change direction we just wish the battery compartment had two screws at the compartment not one that closes it there and another that closes it when you close the outside lid. This seems like an easy fix. Hopefully we can try again or perhaps this is simply one my car.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20