Profile for M. G. Gagliano > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2085

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. G. Gagliano "Maria" RSS Feed (United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Saturday Night of the Living Dead
Saturday Night of the Living Dead
by Brad Carter
Price: $16.20
8 used & new from $15.19

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great read. From the first page till the end ..., July 16, 2014
What a great read. From the first page till the end I was captivated by the writing and the detail. I could visualize the entire story and what a story it is.

Our main character Ryan is a fan of horror movies. Such a fan that he and his childhood friend set their sights on becoming make up artists for some of the biggest horror movies out there and find success.

There is mystery, murder, horror, romance, supernatural, and violence all tied up in a well written, thoroughly entertaining book with a fun and freaky cover that reminds me of the 70s.

There are some scenes that are so detailed that I felt as if I were watching a movie instead of reading.

Full of horror movie names like Bruce Campbell, Wes Craven, and John Carpenter makes it feel autobiographical at times which once again reiterates how good of a writer Brad is. I was completely into this book. Was it a mystery about two girls who were murdered at a drive-in? Was it about a cult? Was it about B Horror Movies? Was it about Ryan and his high school crush? Was it about Zombies? Ghosts? The Supernatural? Magic? Religious Cults? Well, it is about all of these things and more AND it is quite funny.

I will be recommending this book for a long time. Why has this not been made into a movie yet?

Much different than what I have been reading lately. Great change of pace.

Perfect Summer
Perfect Summer
DVD ~ Perfect Summer
Price: $17.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Family Friendly Movie About Second Chances and Taking Chances, July 15, 2014
This review is from: Perfect Summer (DVD)
The 411 by Maria:

I love family friendly movies were estranged families are brought together due to circumstances and finally find the love they were missing out on.

Jake and his mom live in Chicago but end up in a sleepy little surf town after the death of his father. Thankfully mom has a place to stay while she gets a new job and begins her new life taking care of her and her son alone. She lands in her estranged dad's house. Who is a loner who lives a quiet life, volunteering at the church and trying his best to get close to his family.

On a mission to find Wi-Fi Jake ends up at a little surf shop run by Jason Castro of American Idol fame and so it begins. A pretty girl, a jealous ex boyfriend, a new life in a small town, and a challenge to learn surfing round out Jake's new life.

A story about starting over and letting others help you and "never living with regrets".

Sweet story! Eric Roberts was great as grandpa and while Jake looked a bit too old to play the angsty teen, my kids and I enjoyed it.

When Calls the Heart - The Dance DVD
When Calls the Heart - The Dance DVD
Offered by BuckeyeState-Bulk
Price: $18.99
17 used & new from $14.70

4.0 out of 5 stars When Calls The Heart Is A Beautiful Series, July 15, 2014
Unfortunately we don't have The Hallmark Channel on our TV so I have not heard of When Calls The Heart before this DVD. After researching I see that this is an original series based on the bestselling books by Janette Oke.

When Calls The Heart, the series is about the story about Elizabeth Thatcher a young teacher who beginning a new chapter in her life in a 20th century coal mining town.

In this DVD When Calls The Heart The Dance a group of miners descend on the town and The Dance part of the title is Miss Thatcher and the other woman in town throwing a dance to welcome the miners. It appears that there was a mining accident that took the lives of the men of the town leaving many of the woman to count on each other for support. It also appears that the town's lone law enforcer is a Canadian Monty named, Jack Thornton. He has an obvious crush on Miss Thatcher but so does one of the new miners. A suave miner with a penchant for poetry, Mr. Billy Hamilton takes a liking to Miss Thatcher and she is definitely interested in his debonair ways that she almost forgets she actually likes Mr. Thornton who is only worried about her safety with the unfamiliar Hamilton. While these two gentlemen try to win over Miss. Thatcher. The other woman are dealing with trying to get their lives back in order after the mining accident.

Some are dealing with children who miss their daddies and won't mommy to move on with a new miner, others are dealing with pregnancy and trying to pay for food now that their men are gone.

In the midst of all this newness and attempt to get life back in order after the accident, there have been robberies in town and Monty Jack Thornton must find out who is to blame.

What I loved about this was that the show was very family oriented. It reminded me of Little House on the Prairie without the child stars. My favorite character is played by "Becky"Lori Loughlin who plays Abigail Stanton, a wife and mother whose husband was the foreman of the mine and was killed in the explosion.

Season 2 will begin shooting in August and I now wish I had the Hallmark Channel so I could catch up on Season 1 and watch Season 2.

If you love shows like Dr. Quinn, Little House on the Prairie, or just love the Hallmark Channel shows you will undoubtedly love this series.

I personally love the clothing and how everyone leaned on each other during these times. You needed your friends and neighbors to survive and you could count on them.

DohVinci Deluxe Styler
DohVinci Deluxe Styler
Price: $9.99
10 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Addition For A DohVinci Project Kit, July 3, 2014
This review is from: DohVinci Deluxe Styler (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 9 year old wishes there were more Doh sticks with this but was happy to have the added colors. She especially loved the styler which was different than the blue ones that come with the projects. She thought this one was really pretty.

The dough which looks very pretty sitting in the tube with it's flower shaped design, something my little girl loves. She says that the styler is very easy to use. Insert the color you want after removing the came and adding one of the 4 shape applicator tips. She says the doh comes out smooth and clean now that she is used to applying the right amount of pressure and not breaking the dough before she finishes her design. A smooth hand and glide the tip against what you want to decorate for a nice unbroken dough line.

We wish there were more colors but are so thankful for these added three.

DohVinci Peace Project Complete Design Kit
DohVinci Peace Project Complete Design Kit
Price: $9.99
7 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Peace and Quiet With This Project Kit, July 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my 9 year old's second Doh Vinci project and there isn't anything she didn't like.

She set all the pieces out in front of her, gets a glass of water and dives right in. I have not worked with her at all so I can definitely say this is a great keep them busy item at a reasonable cost.

When I asked her what she loves most for the review she said she loved the colors and the ribbons. She loves that she can hang this or place it on the included stand. She also loves that it is so easy to make it your own. She believes that everyone would have a different one because you can style it anyway you want.

The box says that the dough dries overnight but in our case it doesn't. Our house is always at 75 with the central air so we are not sure if that is why but it does take time but we feel this is a great kit to keep the kids busy for an hour or so..

Fekkai Essential Shea Pot De Crme 5.2oz, 5.200-Fluid Ounce
Fekkai Essential Shea Pot De Crme 5.2oz, 5.200-Fluid Ounce
Price: $20.82
12 used & new from $17.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells SOOOOO good., July 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have very long, wavy, thick hair. It is course from lots of coloring and styling. Now that Summer is here it has become very dry especially at the ends if I don't straighten it but I am trying to stay away from that for these months and love Fekkai Essential Shea Pot De Crme because it makes my hair smell great and softens it up.

Usually in the summer I just make a long braid or wear it out and crazy. Lately I have been applying Fekkai when it is completely dry. I work a finger tip full amount through four sections of hair from midway from root to the ends. Then I work my hair into a thick braid.

The crme goes on without any fuss. You would think because it is so thick it would take a while to work it in but it doesn't. Maybe that is because my hair is super course. It does make my hair very smooth and the smell is incredible.

While it is pricy for every day use, I think it would take a while for me to work through the jar. I plan on purchasing for myself when I run out of this jar.

It does not leave your hair greasy and can be used on wet or dry hair.

Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Optimus Prime Figure
Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Optimus Prime Figure
Price: $33.74
38 used & new from $31.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Optimus Is The Coolest, June 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Come on Optimus Prime is amazing. Look at those colors. We had to research how to transform him but we got it and it is so cool. We think the size is great and it feels hardy enough but we think the price is high considering it is just a toy however, we know this is all to do with the Transformer name and how cool Optimus is.

We think that people who love this type of toy will like it. However, once it is transformed to a robot there is still the carriage with wheels from the truck on the bottom.

Pros:
Transformer fans will love this.
Kids will find it cool.
Two play possibilities. Robot or cool rad truck.

Cons:
The directions were hard to follow. We had to research how to transform him
Price. We think it should be more around $18.00 - $23.00

InterDesign Cosmetics Organizer, Cosmetic Organizer - 2 Drawers, Clear
InterDesign Cosmetics Organizer, Cosmetic Organizer - 2 Drawers, Clear
Price: $23.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and Nice, June 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This little cosmetic organizer is perfect for so many things. There are 2 drawers and 10 compartments for lipstick or whatever you like. We are using ours for crafts at the moment.

There is a large area for brushes or whatever you want and two other compartments. We originally got it for cosmetics but it soon was holding all kinds of stickers and gems. We love how organized we seem right now for the summer months.

I plan on grabbing this for myself after the Summer so that I can use it as it was intended; for my Make Up.

Great price, sturdy, thick plastic

DohVinci Flower Tower Complete Frame Kit
DohVinci Flower Tower Complete Frame Kit
Price: $12.99
12 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Craft Kit, June 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter loves crafts so she was very excited to get started. As soon as we opened the box she grabbed the kit which looked like a little "pocketbook". She needed no help to get started and loved creating a frame for her favorite photos.

The design needed to be "punched" out of heavy cardboard and was easy and quick. She loved that you insert the 4 Deco Pop tubes into the "squeeze gun".

Her only wish was for more colors but she loves that it was puffy and popped off the cardboard.

She also loved how colorful it was. She did run out of Deco Pop but I think that was because she started crafting off the tower and got carried away. Next time I will purchase extra Deco Pop color tubes.

She did however feel that the price was high but thinks kids will love this because they can create and decorate their room with a one of a kind frame.

Bamboo Multi-Position Adjustable Laptop Computer Desk & Serving Bed Tray With Drawer

5.0 out of 5 stars Multiple Uses. We Need At Least ONE MORE In My house, June 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great little table. When I got it I told the kids this is MY table. Do not use it. BUT it has become very popular.

The table easily travels for all my needs. I use it outside, inside, on the couch, in the bed, even on the floor. It is a beautiful bamboo and the only blemish on mine and you really have to look is in the top corner there is a slight drip mark where whatever they covered it in dripped.

The legs are easily moved to whatever level you need. I have used it to craft, do make up on, read, use my laptop and eat. We love this table.

So far the drawer has not been used but it is there if you need to put something very small in it as a cell phone or USB drive or cord.

To lift the top simple pick it up and insert into the groove that is most comfortable for what you need it for.

This is a very well made table and we have had at least three in the past two years. This is the best by far.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20