Profile for M. G. Gagliano > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 585

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. G. Gagliano "Maria" RSS Feed (United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
William Shakespeare Rewritten by You
William Shakespeare Rewritten by You
Price: $7.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighten Up Shakespeare With An Adult Mad Lib Type Book! FUN!, September 17, 2014
The 411 by Maria:

I loved Mad Libs as a kid and this reminds me of that. Basically one page has numbered sentences for instance pick an animal any animal, and the corresponding page has the Shakespearian text where you insert the word for that numbered sentence. Confusing? Nah...just I can't explain it well...if this was my blog I would have a picture of it. (I wish Amazon had a feature where I could share a photo).

Then you read it back and chuckle. It is interesting and can be as fun, smart, dirty as you want depending on who is writing.

May not be for everyone but anyone who appreciates reading, Shakespeare or Mad Libs will enjoy. I think my English Teacher friends will actually love this bringing to the Teacher's lounge tomorrow.

FurReal Friends Get Up and GoGo My Walkin Plush Pup Pet
FurReal Friends Get Up and GoGo My Walkin Plush Pup Pet
Price: $54.99
17 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift For Kids - We Love The App and The Pup! Very Interactive and Fun, September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have the walking pup from a few years ago and my daughter was thrilled that it barked, whined and walked forward. THIS new FurReal Friends Get Up And GoGo walks, barks, whines, wags her tail and sits and comes with an app that allows the dog to interact even more. You can feed the pup from a virtual bowl as it makes eating noises. My daughter loves that she can clap her hands and the dog follows the sound of the clapping. Adorable!

To get the pup to sit you simply pat the dog on the head. This dog does a lot of walking and sitting because when my 9 year old takes it to the park boys and girls want to play with it. She is a hit with our town and I bet she will be on a ton of Christmas lists this year.

I do believe this year my daughter will be playing with the app as much as she plays with the GoGo. You can use the pup with or without the app and vice versa. There are also 6 adorable fluffy friends waiting to play with your pup in the app world and I believe this is my daughter's favorite part of this walking pup. My 9 year old also loved playing with the hairdryer on the app. The pup does respond as a real dog wood.

Besides all these things the GoGo Walking Pup comes with, she is so sweet looking. All kids seem to love her and

Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return
Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return
DVD ~ Kelsey Grammer
Price: $12.96
11 used & new from $8.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Movie, September 16, 2014
The 411 by Maria

I thought the colorful animation was amazing. This is the perfect movie to introduce your younger kids to your favorite childhood movie. I remember the first time I tried to get Handsome and Goddess to watch The Wizard of Oz when they were 3 or 4 and it was all lost on them. They just weren't into it. Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return is funny, colorful, witty and musical.

The movie opens with a dark Emerald City. Oz has been taken over by a mean Jester who is the brother of the Wicked Witch. He isn't as mean but does have the assistance of those flying monkeys.The Tin Man, Scarecrow and Lion (just lion because he is no longer a coward) decide they need Dorothy return to help them. Scarecrow has created an invention called the Rainbow Mover and try to get a message to Dorothy.

Meanwhile Dorothy is waking up in her bed. She heads outside and finds her aunt and uncle assessing the damage from the tornado. The damage is beyond repair and the town is being forced to give up their homes to a government appraiser who is condemning every house.

Another storm comes and Dorothy and Toto are swept up into a rainbow where she receives messages from her friends.

Back at the Emerald City, the Jester has captured Glinda along with many other of Oz's people and is making them into marionettes.

Dorothy must rescue her friends and help defeat the Jester.

Pros:
Wonderful computer animation
Available in 3D (I have not seen it yet but can't wait to check it out)
Our favorite characters from the original movie are back
There are a slew of new, helpful characters
New songs to love
Lea Michele as Dorothy
Adorable Toto
Good messages about helping others, being yourself and standing up for yourself

Cons:
Not enough Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion

Perfect movie for the whole family. I am unsure as to why the movie didn't do better, it was funny and entertaining.

A Haunted House 2
A Haunted House 2
DVD ~ Marlon Wayans
Price: $14.99
13 used & new from $10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars "You Just Nasty" But Very Entertaining!, September 11, 2014
This review is from: A Haunted House 2 (DVD)
The 411:

The humor is crass, inappropriate, racist, and sexual but if you are looking for a movie that makes you laugh, smile, and say to yourself "oh no they didn't!" then this is for you.

Come on people it's a Wayans brother at his best so expect some laughs but even more the second time because they are so detailed with their humor you miss some things the first time around.

In the sequel, we start out with Malcolm and his possessed girlfriend in a taxi. There is a crash and we fast forward to Malcolm living with his new girlfriend and her two kids in a dream home. Once again he has to deal with supernatural phenomenon of the worst kind including his girlfriend's son's punk, invisible friend and possessed daughter.

What I find the most entertaining is how Marlon will go anywhere for a laugh, I mean anywhere. Watching Marlon have sex with a strange, evil doll was funny because of how shocking it was. This is NOT a film for any under 18 years of age so don't even think it is just crude humor. Malcolm HAS SEX every which way including and limited to squirting and salad tossing (look it up I am not about to explain it).

Some movies make us think, some make us feel, this movie made me gasp. The jokes are colorful, don't bother watching if you are easily offended by sexual or racist humor but if you are into that kind of thing get ready to be entertained.

Rubber Band Mania
Rubber Band Mania
by Amanda Formaro
Price: $8.09
34 used & new from $4.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Colorful Easy Kid Craft Ideas, September 3, 2014
This review is from: Rubber Band Mania (Paperback)
We are huge fans of crafty author Amanda and her easy, fun and amazing craft ideas. We love how easy the projects appear.

Each page has a colorful layout with the project laid out by numbered steps with each one being 3-15 steps.

The Rubber Band Mania book has some great steps on making those bracelets everyone loves including how to make your very own loom using a corkboard and pushpins. LOVE IT!

There is a rubber band powered car and a boomerang too that we are in love with.

So many fun color projects kids will love and will keep them completely unplugged. I am all for unplugged.

My 9 year old could handle most of these crafts on her own. Perfect rainy day or any day book

Duct Tape Mania
Duct Tape Mania
by Amanda Formaro
Price: $8.09
29 used & new from $4.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Colorful and Easy Crafts That Are Completely Kid Friendly, September 3, 2014
This review is from: Duct Tape Mania (Paperback)
We are huge fans of crafty author Amanda and her easy, fun and amazing craft ideas. We haven't hit a store to grab any duct tape but we plan on doing at least 6 of these crafts before December. We love how easy the projects appear.

Our first plan is to make a tablet case for our Kindles and decorate my daughter's ' bike.

Pumpkin Time!
Pumpkin Time!
by Erzsi Deak
Price: $11.78
41 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Funny, Witty and Great Pics, September 3, 2014
This review is from: Pumpkin Time! (Hardcover)
Goddess is still a reluctant reader but she found this book quite easy and funny.

What we loved about it most was the absurdity of it. When the book stated raining buckets; it was literally raining buckets. When the chickens flew the coop like feather dusters in the wind, pigs dancing around a May pole. It was just a funny book with fun pics to go along with it.

Colorful, funny and mysteries, this book will have kids wondering what Evy was doing until the very last page when it is put to the interruption of the reader. Was Evy really just baking the biggest pie ever or was she just allowing the animals to be who they really are when no one is watching. The world will never know but the reader at least gets to see some silly animals and a very busy young farmer.

Rachael Ray Universal Stowaway Potlucker, Red
Rachael Ray Universal Stowaway Potlucker, Red
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Way To Travel With Food Safely, August 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's a Rachael Ray product and I can tell you so far I have loved all of her products and we have many. This one is no different. I love the look, I also love that the handle is position so well that no matter what size tray I put inside the stowaway, my food never spills. Usually I am carrying a few things and toppling was always a fear of mine when I use these carry food products. I have yet to spill a drop. One finger is sometimes all I have left to hold it and it still is solid.

We love that we can carry hot and cold in here. The reflective material also has Micro Ban which supposedly will keep bacterial from growing on your food. I have even used it to carry my beer or wine if I am heading to a friends and promised a six pack. Just put a few paper towels so they wouldn't break between them because I had to take them out of the package to get them in.

This is definitely something I would get the purple too! Love these so much

DII Cotton Blend, Machine Washable, Hostess Gift, Stocking Stuffer, Chef's or Baking Mrs. Claus Kitchen/Baking Apron for the Holidays
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable Ms. Claus Apron Makes Baking And More Fun, August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The whole family loves this apron and we have each already worn it along with making plans for our holiday baking.

This apron has got to be the prettiest holiday apron ever. We love how feminine it looks. The kids were calling me Ms. Claus. It goes easily on with two straps to tie around your neck (one on each side) as well as your waist.

There are two pockets one on each hip and we love the layered tiers at the bottom.

It does say one size fits most and I am a size 10/12 it fit me fine. My 9 year old wears a 7/8 and it fit her as well.

The look is pleasing to all body types and is a great hostess gift or a fun apron to wear if you are hosting.

Also, bakers will love this I know a ton of woman who host cookie exchanges and this would be adorable as a grab bag gift or stocking stuffer.

Genuine Joe GJO15361 5-Mil Light Powder Industrial Nitrile Gloves, Medium, Light Blue (Pack of 100)
Price: $9.70
9 used & new from $8.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Small Hands, August 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great price for a box of gloves. We purchase gloves often for art work, Brownie Troop projects such as community clean up, household cleaning and hair coloring and feel the price for 100 gloves is way better than any other that we have purchased in the past.

Since I buy for little ones finding a size small that is TRULY smaller than past brands was important. These were perfect for my 9 and 10 year old brownies. Even my smallest girl was able to keep the glove on her hand.

My own children are 9 and 11 and I love that for household cleaning chores they are fully able to protect their hands with gloves that I can use as well as them.

The blue color was definitely a favorite for my kiddies.

I know these are not for children and there are many reviews about labs and such so I just wanted to point out the fact that if you are looking for gloves for children, these are a definite.

Many of the girls loved that they could blow up the gloves to ridiculous proportions. Yes, we know this is not a toy but if you get little ones around gloves, they will surely blow them up.

I personally liked that the gloves had a textured surface rather than smooth and I liked that while cleaning, they didn't break down like some others I have used. Usually when cleaning I end up with a sticky glove depending on the cleaning product. That did not happen with these.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20