Profile for Canoeist > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 57

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Canoeist RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Runaway Jury (Widescreen Edition)
Runaway Jury (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ John Cusack
Price: $5.66
395 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars To really appreciate this movie you MUST, May 21, 2014
First read Edward Bernays' classic "Propaganda". It is a short read. You can finish it in one night. Only after you have read it can you fully appreciate the skillfull anti-2nd ammendment communication. Veritas vos liberabit

Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup
Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup
DVD
Price: $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be on reruns on MSM. Send this video to everyone., March 2, 2014
I have watched many "editions or cuts" of LOOSE CHANGE. They all are worth watching and sending to your contacts.

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia  (Tribeca Festival Premiere)
The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia (Tribeca Festival Premiere)
DVD
Price: $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE !!!, January 22, 2014
I gave this DVD five stars because the story is spell binding. After renting the movie twice and watching it 5-6 times I ordered the DVD for the extras. This story is train wreck central !!! The film makers did a great job of making the unbelievable, real. I watch it and just keep saying to myself; "this can't be happening".

Beyond Tangy Tangerine - 420 G Canister
Beyond Tangy Tangerine - 420 G Canister
Offered by Anita Miller
Price: $49.50
28 used & new from $48.40

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING !!! VITAMINS FOR SUCKERS !!! WARNING !!!, July 30, 2013
A friend who knows I compete in Triathlons asked me if he should buy this stuff called Beyond Tangy Tangerine being "Promoted" to increase energy and lose weight. I had never heard of it so we went to the company's web site to check it out.

First thing I noticed was that this stuff was "REEE---HEALY EXPENSIVE"!!!!

I pulled a bottle of generic multi vitamins out of my cupboard to compare ingredients and cost.

My generic multi vitamin & mineral supp cost approx. 4 cents a serving.
Beyond Tangy Tangarine approx. cost a WHOPPING $2.50 a serving for a 100lb person!!!!!
WTF !!! This couldn't be true so we checked our math and our numbers were correct.

HOLY CRAP!!! These vitamins were like SIX THOUSAND PERCENT more expensive!!!

After more research it turns out that Beyond Expensive ... I mean ... Beyond Tangy Tangerine is part of some kind of selling plan where the sales people can win "Dream Cars and Vacations" for conning lots of people into buying the stuff. This looks to be a Hard Core Sales Business complete with Celebrity Endorsers pushing this stuff on the trusting public.

My buddy decided against taking on another monthly car payment by buying this stuff and was more than a little embarrassed he was almost suckered by a cheezy sales pitch based on deception.

If you have a bottle of Multi Vitamins laying around you can go to the company's website and compare the Supplement Facts in less than 5 minutes for FREE. Below is the Comparison we did between the two Fact Sheets.

Supplement Facts Comparison of Beyond Expensive Tangy Tangerine to my bottle of generic Multi vitamin

---------------------------------------Approx. cost per serving-----------Vitamins & Minerals listed
Beyond Tangy Tangarine----------$2.50---------------------------------21
COSTCO generic daily multi-------$0.04 (yes 4 cents)----------------24

As for effortlessly losing weight and increasing energy by just chuggin the stuff, I visited CONSUMER REPORTS website and they had this to say about vitamin supplements:

"IGNORE SPECIAL CLAIMS AND ADD-ONS. CLAIMS FOR BENEFITS SUCH AS WEIGHT CONTROL OR INCREASED ENERGY ARE GENERALLY UNSUBSTANTIATED."

THE BOTTOMLINE: If I were you I would grab my wallet and run as far away from this product and the people associated with it as I could !!!

As far as your health is concerned, from my own personal experience I have enjoyed excellent health by:
(1) doing some type of exercise with music every day,
(2) eating real (unprocessed) food every day
(3) taking a generic U.S.P. certified multivitamin & mineral supplement every day.

UPDATE: I was curious about all the "glowing" five star reviews for Beyond Tangy Tangerine here on Amazon so I looked a little deeper at the reviewers themselves.

The majority have ONLY ONE product review in their profile, that being Beyond Tangy Tangerine. Contrast this with the profiles of "one star" reviewers who have many, many product reviews in their profiles.

And of the few "five star" reviewers with more than one review in their profiles, many entered all their reviews on the same day!!!

My only conclusion is that nearly ALL of the five star reviews for this product are FAKE or SHILL REVIEWS!!! Not only is this product grossly over-priced but the people selling it are using DECEPTION here on Amazon to pump up its customer rating.

You can easily check this out yourself for free by clicking on a sample set of five star reviewer's profiles and then contrasting those with a sample set of one star reviewer's profiles.

vincit omnia veritas Canoeist
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2014 3:45 PM PST

Missing
Missing
DVD ~ Jack Lemmon
Price: $6.89
39 used & new from $3.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing...and now they have the Patriot Act & NDAA !!!, November 29, 2012
This review is from: Missing (DVD)
Glad I watched this film it is very good, but it makes me fear for good people living in the USA. Research "SCHOOL OF THE AMERICAS"

Executive Action
Executive Action
DVD ~ Burt Lancaster
Offered by steelerfreak
Price: $8.00
38 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars JFK & POPULATION CONTROL??? Huh???, October 31, 2012
This review is from: Executive Action (DVD)
I like the movie but, what was up with the plotters thinking that escalating the war in Vietnam would help them reduce the human population all over the world? Wiping out a bunch of people in Asia with a war sure but how do you go from there to reducing population globally with a war in Asia???

The following dialogue is from the DVD version starting at about 30:15

"The real problem is this James, in two decades there will be seven billion human beings on this planet. Most of them brown, yellow, or black; all of them hungry...they'll swarm out of their breeding grounds into Europe and North America.

Hence Vietnam; an all out effort there will give us control of South Asia for decades to come. And with proper planning we can reduce the population to 550 million by the end of the century. I know, I've seen the data."

"We sound rather like Gods reading the Doomsday Book don't we"

"Well someone has to do it. Not only will the nations affected be better off; but the techniques developed there can be used to reduce our own excess population: Blacks, Puerto Ricans, Mexican Americans, poverty prone Whites, and so forth."

If anyone can shed some light on what the hay they're talking about, please leave a comment, thanks.

Other than that, I liked this movie, even a little better than Stone's JFK. Also cool to spot a white 1962 International Harvester Scout like my old one at 6:53.

Watch "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" a 9 part series that will shock the best informed. Parts 7,8,9 have been censored and taken off the market. They are the best episodes and I can only find them on you tube.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2014 11:47 PM PST

Taylor 1479 Programmable Food Thermometer with Wireless Remote
Taylor 1479 Programmable Food Thermometer with Wireless Remote
Price: $24.68
29 used & new from $20.65

1.0 out of 5 stars Died midway thru its first use., May 15, 2012
This was a good idea while it worked. I got about 20 minutes of use then the base unit shut down. I pulled the batteries out to reset it and began again. The base unit shut down again and started flashing "HHHHHHHHH".

I like the concept of a remote therm. so I am gonna try to find one that is reliable. If I am successful I will post an update to this review to let you all know.

Pure, White and Deadly: Problem of Sugar
Pure, White and Deadly: Problem of Sugar
by John Yudkin

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT??? They knew this back in 1972 !!! We are so getting screwed !!!, February 11, 2012
The bottom line: Scientific evidence as early as the 1960's indicated that sugar was toxic for humans and the Sugar Industry countered by telling us the exact opposite and then did it's best to suppress future evidence based information from being disseminated.

So what should we eat? From page 79: "I believe that the best diet for the human species is one made up as far as possible of the foods that were available in our hunting and food-gathering days."

If you would like to know more about this book I wrote a chapter by chapter review of the 1988 edition on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Pure-White-Deadly-Problem-diabetes/dp/0140083537/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333749510&sr=1-1
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2012 2:13 PM PST

KRUPS GVX1-14 Coffee Grinder with Grid Size and Cup Selection and Stainless Steel Conical Burr, Black
2 used & new from $39.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead On Arrival !!!, February 10, 2012
This is what I get for impulse buying at COSTCO. It will be going back tomorrow. The on switch does not turn the dang thing on. Argh....

Update: My first one was DOA and my second one quit after a week. I think the problem is the safety switch in the lid. When my second one quit I confirmed this by pushing the "on" button and "nothing". I next removed the lid and with a tooth pick I pushed down the little plunger switch that is housed in the groove where the lid fits.

The grinder turned on and started grinding beans with the lid off! I next took some canned air and blew the accumulated coffee grounds out of the groove and replaced the lid. Grinder works fine now but will most likely malfunction again as soon as enough coffee grounds build up in the groove again.

I suspect that my first grinder worked but that the plunger switch in the lid was set too deep and the lid could not close the circuit. Maybe someone will rip the thing apart, solder a bypass for the switch and post a "how-to" video on Youtube about it.

Endurance Core- Follow Along Core Based Circuit Training for Endurance Athletes
Endurance Core- Follow Along Core Based Circuit Training for Endurance Athletes
DVD ~ J. Friel
Price: $29.95
3 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Investment, October 29, 2011
I am a decent runner so I am more than a little skeptical of anything claiming to improve my running. I first read Ken Mierke's book at the library and did the drills. It surprised the crap out of me when my long runs improved so I bought the book and this DVD. I have had very good results from practicing the drills in this DVD. I am glad I bought it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6