Profile for Jackie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jackie RSS Feed (New Mexico)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Country Brook Design® Native Southwestern Martingale Dog Collar-M
Country Brook Design® Native Southwestern Martingale Dog Collar-M
Offered by Country Brook Design Inc.
Price: $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Fashionable Dog Accessory, December 20, 2014
I have a sable and white (light tan) smooth (short haired) collie for whom I purchased this collar. We live in New Mexico so the design on the collar, very Southwestern, is perfect for the area and looks so pretty on the dog. My dog has a 15" neck and this collar just fits her at its smallest adjustment.

Osteo-Pet Glucosamine w EFA and MSM, 180 count
Osteo-Pet Glucosamine w EFA and MSM, 180 count
Offered by Marvelous Products
Price: $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Joint Soreness, December 20, 2014
It's very difficult for a pet parent to judge the effectiveness of a product for joint soreness since our little darlings can't tell us how they feel. Insofar as I'm able to determine, the two large dogs (collies) that I have on the product have received relief from their soreness. They seem to be more readily able to get up and down, although they are not exactly acting like puppies. I was at the vet this morning with a third collie, who has an auto-immune disorder, and it was suggested that I start her on glucosamine, although she is only a four year old. So I guess I'll order a case of the stuff.

Cetacea Chain Martingale Dog/Pet Collar with Quick Release, Medium, Turquoise
Cetacea Chain Martingale Dog/Pet Collar with Quick Release, Medium, Turquoise
Price: $12.88
2 used & new from $8.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Collar, October 8, 2014
I was very pleased with the quality of these collars. They should last the average lifespans of most dogs...and beyond. The chain is heavy and very sturdy, the colors are saturated and bright. Love the turquoise. I like that there is a clasp so I can adjust the collar to a size that won't easily slip over the head.

The only problem is lack of sizing information. I got the large for my three collies, 2 rough and 1 smooth, just by guessing. The collars for the big, hairy roughs were okay but the one for the short-haired smooth was ridiculously oversized. She's rather small boned and petite; it literally fell off of her. I've ordered her a medium but don't know if it'll fit. There desperately needs to be a size chart for this product. There are some specifications listed but have no idea what they mean. They don't relate to anything on the collar. If there was sizing information, this would be a 5-star product.

Merrick Classic Adult Real Beef, Whole Barley and Carrots Dry Dog Food, 30-Pound
Price: $52.99
17 used & new from $49.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Dogs Don't Like It, September 4, 2014
It's difficult to rate dog food. I'm sure nutritionally this product is of very good quality. However none of my three dogs will eat it unless they are very hungry, having not eaten much of it in their previous meal. They leave more than they consume. Naturally I can't (or won't) judge the taste but they aren't picky eaters and they just don't like this stuff. They love the variety with apples in it.

Alegria Women's Classic Mule
Alegria Women's Classic Mule
Price: $69.00 - $119.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable Shoe, June 20, 2014
My only initial objection to these shoes was when I walked they made rude, attention-getting noises. I checked online and found a phone number for the company"'s CS and gave them a call. Apparently mine was a common complaint because the CS person was ready with a solution. He took my name and address and sent me a pair of replacement insoles which seems to have solved the problem. Otherwise I've found the shoes to be quite attractive and very comfortable I got the light tan with the fabric inset and they seem to go with just about everything in my wardrobe.

Hamilton Beach 25476 Breakfast Electric Sandwich Maker, Red
Hamilton Beach 25476 Breakfast Electric Sandwich Maker, Red
Price: $24.00
29 used & new from $18.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute Gadget, June 8, 2014
I don't know if this little cooker is a lot more effective that a frying pan but it's more fun. First, don't waste your money buying a cookbook. You'll think of plenty of things to make without one. It holds very little after you include your bread so you can't get terribly creative. It would seem to be a great gadget for children to make their own snacks. However, the black handles get very hot, and it's easy for the unit to come apart but hard to handle it when hot to reassemble. To its credit, it's very easy to clean, especially if you give it a squirt of non-stick spray.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2014 1:00 PM PDT

Breakfast Sandwich Maker Wizardry: Pictorial Step-by-Step Instructions for Creating 34 Amazing and Delicious Sandwiches for Breakfast and Anytime! (Kitchen Gadget Wizardry Book 1)
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible, June 2, 2014
I bought and paid for a book so why should I have to write a review before I've even had a chance to review it?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2014 7:52 PM PDT

Merrick Classic Real Lamb, Brown Rice & Apple - 30 lbs
Merrick Classic Real Lamb, Brown Rice & Apple - 30 lbs
Price: $52.99
14 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Be Delicious, April 3, 2014
I've tried various varieties of Merrick because Amazon can't seem to keep the same flavors in stock. My dogs always ate what they were fed but not always with great enthusiasm. My female collie would take a bite then gaze off into space. It took her forever to eat her dinner. I don't know what is in this variety that they like so much, perhaps it's the sweet apple, but they wolf it down in half the time it normally takes for them to eat.

Before I bought my first bag of Merrick, I did a lot of research on the dog food comparison sites. It seemed to have the best ratings for an affordable price. I even called the Merrick factory to inquire about the source of the components of their product. The only imported ingredients they use are some venison and lamb from Australia and New Zealand. These two countries have more strict export standards than the U.S. Import standards.

I think Merrick has by far the best product for an affordable price. I hope Amazon continues to have this flavor available or I'll have three very sad dogs. My dogs' coats have never looked better.

Ozeri Pro Digital Kitchen Food Scale, 1g to 12 lbs Capacity, in Stylish Black
Ozeri Pro Digital Kitchen Food Scale, 1g to 12 lbs Capacity, in Stylish Black
Price: $14.40
15 used & new from $12.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Slick Kitchen Helper, February 26, 2014
I don't see anything not to love about this little scale. It's very sleek and well-designed, perfect for the black granite/stainless steel kitchen. I got it to weigh bread flour after losing count of the number of cups I had measured. Now the scale will keep track for me.

Wahl 858407 Large Slicker Brush, Orange/White
Wahl 858407 Large Slicker Brush, Orange/White
3 used & new from $28.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Brush, February 20, 2014
I have two rough collies and an Aussie. I've tried every brush in existence it seems. This one is noticeably better than the others. It's ergonomic handle is easy for me to hold and maneuver, but best of all the dogs like it. It seems to glide through the fur with less pulling and resistance than other brushes I've tried. It's also easy to remove the discarded undercoat from the brush. My dogs now line up wanting to be brushed!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3