Profile for Adam Smith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adam Smith RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

Pendaflex Oxford Ruled Index Cards, 3x5 Inches, White, 1000 Cards (10 pack of 100 )(31)
Price: $10.96
15 used & new from $5.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Thin as paper. Should have read the reviews first ..., August 24, 2014
Thin as paper. Should have read the reviews first. Loathe to a world so margin-driven that ones must read reviews before buying index cards!

Remington MB-200 Titanium Mustache and Beard Trimmer
Remington MB-200 Titanium Mustache and Beard Trimmer
Price: $22.99
15 used & new from $19.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not operate when plugged in with empty batteries, weak batteries, September 15, 2012
I used to have the older version of this product, which is no longer available. Both versions have really weak batteries, but at least with the old version you could plug it in and it would operate off the AC directly. On this version, when the batteries die, you have to plug it in AND wait until the batteries recharge.

Plantronics PC Headset Speaker Switch
Plantronics PC Headset Speaker Switch
Offered by AudioSurplus
Price: $29.99
4 used & new from $22.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Noise leaks over from other output, September 13, 2012
I had this device switching between my Sonos device and Bose headphones. Regardless of whether the device is connected to any input, if I'm switched into the headphones, there's a very noticeable noise coming out of the headphones. If I unplug the Sonos from the other input (which should be switched off), that noise goes away.

I don't know whether to 'blame' this switch of the Sonos input line, but at the end of the day the device should be resistant to letting any noise on either output leak into the other output, so thus the one star review.

Twinlab Daily One Caps Multi-Vitamin and Mineral Supplement with Iron, 180 Capsules
Offered by SB Natural Products
Price: $25.92
14 used & new from $22.15

1.0 out of 5 stars Reliably make me throw up five minutes after taking, July 3, 2012
At first I took one of these with my other supplements, and I threw up five minutes later. Several days later I took it in isolation, with food, and I also threw up five minutes later.

Obviously this doesn't happen for everybody. Hopefully it happened to me because of my body chemistry, rather than bad packaging that made my batch bad for anyone taking them. I'm not going to have a friend take one to find out....

Before this I took the Kirkland Multivitamins with no problems.

ULTRALINK UF HDMI-2M-W ULTRA-FLAT HDMI CABLE (2 M)
ULTRALINK UF HDMI-2M-W ULTRA-FLAT HDMI CABLE (2 M)

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after first use, April 14, 2011
Worked the first time, then broken. I'm guessing they didn't quite figure out the "flat" part as much as they should have. I replaced the cable and everything worked thereafter. I suspect this problem is common to all of their "ultra flat" cables.

Founders at Work: Stories of Startups' Early Days
Founders at Work: Stories of Startups' Early Days
by Jessica Livingston
Price: $19.08
138 used & new from $3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Back story narratives, lots of information, easy to read, January 31, 2007
1) I often hear advice in the form 'Do this' or 'Do not do that.' I have a hard time internalizing that kind of advice because it's hard to remember. This book tells the stories behind the advice, which is more entertaining and easier to internalize.

2) This book is meaty. It's 400 pages of small print, so there is a lot of information.

3) It is easy to read in a random access fashion. Each chapter stands on its own, and each page has it's own question and answer in the dialog.

4) You get the back stories. I read many things about Fog Creek and Viaweb that I never knew[..].