Profile for D. Rutherford > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Rutherford "Brokenboat" RSS Feed (Cape May, NJ USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Pressure Pro E3027HC Heavy Duty Professional 2,700 PSI 3.0 GPM Honda Gas Powered Pressure Washer With CAT Pump (CARB Compliant)
Price: $799.99
2 used & new from $480.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product., November 20, 2014
Awesome product. Really incredible quality. The motor and pump are of very high quality. The cart is amazing and perfectly balanced. All of the components are excellent. I have used it several times with perfect results (other than the cleaner I used which did not work that well). You need to understand the finer points of adjusting the choke and throttle for a good "first time pull to start". The directions supplied with the unit may have been better and a bit more comprehensive, but unless you are not very mechanically inclined, you will figure it out.

I was worried that 2700 PSI would not be enough, but at 3.0 GPM, the 2700 has been more than enough to do siding and other household cleaning chores. I think a pro may want a bit more power, but as a homeowner, this is all the power you will need.

Knog Blinder Arc 5.5 USB Rechargeable Front Light, Black
Knog Blinder Arc 5.5 USB Rechargeable Front Light, Black
Price: $84.94
30 used & new from $82.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright! Obvious quality., November 20, 2014
Great for the bike. Very bright. A bit heavier than others, but obvious quality. You need to have a horizontal place to mount it on your handlebars. It swivels side to side, but does not articulate in other directions. Fast charge. Lasts a long time. Did I mention... BRIGHT!

OEM Blackberry Curve 8300 8310 8320 8330 Lambskin Leather holster with swivel belt clip , Black
Offered by Everything Authentic
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality in an inexpensive package., November 20, 2014
Replaced a 5 year old one that was beat. I use it for a Sony digital camera for work. I'm sure it will hold up like my last one did... but I'll let you know in another five years.

Liberty Bottleworks Special Ops Sport Water Bottle, Night, 24-Ounce
Liberty Bottleworks Special Ops Sport Water Bottle, Night, 24-Ounce
Price: $17.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping it simple stupid., November 20, 2014
Light. Well made. Great design. Simple. Made in America.

Supreme Chemical PWC01/4 Krud Kutter Pressure Washer Concentrate
Supreme Chemical PWC01/4 Krud Kutter Pressure Washer Concentrate
Offered by Hardware World
Price: $10.52
10 used & new from $10.33

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked, but did not really cut it., November 20, 2014
Nothing special. Worked on exterior house siding, but did not really cut the grime and minor staining from mildew.

Digital Camera Anti-Fingerprint Display Protection Film (Pro Guard AF) for Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX9 / TX7

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protection for pennies., November 20, 2014
Works as expected. Good protection.

Persol 3043 24/81 Havana 3043 Rectangle Sunglasses Lens Category 3
Persol 3043 24/81 Havana 3043 Rectangle Sunglasses Lens Category 3

5.0 out of 5 stars The best..., November 20, 2014
I was told that Persol no longer makes the Havana 3043. Shame. It is a great pair of glasses. Persol is, in my opinion, one of the very best sunglasses products made. The polarized lenses are perfectly clear. The hinged temples are super and the quality is unsurpassed.

General Pump 18' Fiberglass Telescoping Wand (Prosumer 2500 PSI - 3500 PSI)
General Pump 18' Fiberglass Telescoping Wand (Prosumer 2500 PSI - 3500 PSI)

4.0 out of 5 stars A work out, but it works., November 20, 2014
This is what you need to get to those high places with the pressure washer. That said, it is a bit heavy. The handle is at the bottom, like most are, but as I was using it, I could not help but think that if the handle was in the middle of the bottom section, then a base plate or "foot" could be added at the bottom so that the actual weight of the unit was on the ground. I think this would be a great improvement for all wands and if this has not been thought of, then you heard it here first. Otherwise, the wand is as it was advertised. It seems of very good quality. The twist locks work well and the unit seems robust.

Handmade Genuine real Leather Full Camera Case bag cover for Fujifilm XF1 FUJI XF1 Brown Color
Offered by jasoncui2
Price: $65.99
2 used & new from $65.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A case for the case...., November 20, 2014
Unfortunately, I ordered too late for my trip to Italy. The camera took a bit of a beating with no case. I returned to find the camera case in my pile of mail and wow... what a beautiful product. Well done! The case fits very well. It looks great and it is of very high quality. The Fuji XF1 is my back up for travel, not my daily camera for work. If it were, I would not be able to use this case. Here is why...

The case covers the access door for the battery and the SD card. This is to be expected as this is not a full size camera. On my Fuji X-Pro 1, I have a Gariz cover. It has an aluminum plate on the bottom with access to the battery and SD compartment so I can easily take them out. This cover does not. Honestly, this is not really a negative comment as much as it is just a comment to let prospective buyers that you will have to remove the case in order to get to the compartment. Gariz does make a case for this camera, but it is NOT a full case like this one is. It does have a door, so if it is fast or constant access to the battery and SD card door you are looking for and you DON'T need the full protection that this case offers, then Gariz is your choice.

If you want a good looking, nicely made case to fully protect your investment, then this is the one you are looking for. It is so nice, you may want a case to protect the case.

Sony TX Series DSC-TX9/H 12.2MP Digital Still Camera with "Exmor R" CMOS Sensor and 3D Sweep Panorama
12 used & new from $90.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Stays on my hip all day long., January 24, 2013
I am a Marine Investigator. I handle cases involving failures, accident investigation, etc. Much of what I do is "forensic photography". For most of my work I switched from a Nikon system to the Fuji X-Pro 1. That said, this camera is never far from reach. I bought a leather Blackberry phone holster which fits it like a glove (watch out, though... the magnet on the holster closure will turn the camera on accidentally if you don't keep it in the holster "screen side out").

I use it all the time with excellent results. The best part? The macro. In a word... INCREDIBLE! The fact that the lens is on the corner of the camera body allows me to tuck it in close behind an object. Because the macro focuses down to a centimeter or so from the front of the lens means I can capture very small objects where most cameras can't fit (this happened recently when I was the only investigator that was able to capture an image of a piece of evidence tucked way up under a deck beam).

You need to understand the camera's limitations, however. The flash will overpower a macro shot, for sure. However, Sony makes up for this with very low light capability. If you have a steady hand, you will get the shot. The last limitation I would warn potential buyers about is the shutter lag. It is significant. You press the shutter release button and.......... snap. If you want to buy this camera to take photos of the kids, sports or anything live and animated, look elsewhere. For me, my subjects are either inanimate objects or not moving so shutter lag is not an issue.

The images are great for use on a computer screen. The small sensor size will not allow for quality big enlargements on paper, but heck, who prints this stuff anymore.

Despite some drawbacks that the camera may have for some users, I had to rate this with 5 stars because it does exactly what I need it to do and it does it perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2