Profile for J. Snider > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Snider RSS Feed (Anchorage, Alaska United States)

U.S. Jaclean Tapping Pro
U.S. Jaclean Tapping Pro
Offered by Pro Therapy Supplies
Price: $29.64
2 used & new from $27.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I would sell my kid for this..., January 26, 2013
Luckily I don't have to because its so cheap! I LOVE this thing! I suffer from neck and lower back problems. This massager is a Godsend! Adjustable pressure and a long handle... every person I have let try it has ended up ordering one. If you are wondering if you should get it... yes. You really should. Just buy it. You won't regret it!

Undead and Undermined (Undead/Queen Betsy)
Undead and Undermined (Undead/Queen Betsy)
by MaryJanice Davidson
153 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Did I read a different book?, July 12, 2011
Before I even read the book I was looking at the reviews for it and having a panic attack! So maybe when I read it my expectations were super low??? I'm not sure, but I don't really understand what everyone's gripe was. I didn't have trouble following the timeline thing. Betsy wasn't any dimmer than usual. The humor was typical and campy with great Betsy-isms. Sinclair is in MOST of the book (??? to the person who said he only made cameo appearances...) And as far as not answering any of the questions left from the last book... well no, there weren't any real answers but you felt Betsy getting closer to the truth, so I wasn't bothered by it so much.
There was one subject in the book that went a place I did not expect, but as far as I'm concerned this showed me a depth to MJD that I honestly didn't think she would have the writing chops to take on (no offense M, always loved you, just didn't know you had it in you). It is pretty gut wrenching and I can see why people would be disturbed... but, MJD has also given us plenty of clues to give us comfort that everything is going to work out just fine in the end.
For that moment of real humanity and connecting with the characters... that ALONE I would give this book 5 stars for. But I am happy to say it isn't the only reason I did.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2011 4:35 AM PDT

The Undead Heart: The Blood Thirst Series
The Undead Heart: The Blood Thirst Series
by Stephanie Jackson
Price: $12.33
11 used & new from $12.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't so sure but...., February 13, 2011
Allow me to start by saying that I do NOT write a lot of reviews. Not because I don't have strong feelings about many books I read, but because I am lazy and too focussed on getting to the next book I'm going to read to bother taking the time. So for me to actually take a moment out of my incredibly busy reading schedule to write a review... a book has to be pretty much so horrible that I am offended by its existence and need everyone to know... or I love it so much that I want to sleep with it under my pillow and caress it lovingly every so often long after I've finished reading it.

When I started this story, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it. It was pretty much "fact gathering" on our heroine. Not long and drawn out, just giving you the bare bones about her life up to the point where the real story begins. By page 36 I was hooked and telling my family to "SHOOSH I'M READING HERE!!!!"

For those who are a little picky about editing... there are a couple of typo's. You'll notice it, but it doesn't detract from anything and you'll only sell yourself short if you let that stop you from investing your time in this book.

I didn't hold out horribly high hopes for this book when I ordered it, but I am always up for trying out new authors who are giving it a go. This has occassionally backfired on me... SEVERELY! But this book made up for ALL THOSE TIMES! I absolutely LOVE every character. It was everything a story should be. Hilarious in so many ways (especially if you are southern or have ever met a southern woman and seen her mad!) incredibly touching at times, edge of your seat 'holy crap whats gonna happen next' in a few parts... it was amazing.

I really don't know what else to say other than you shouldn't have even gotten this far reading my review, you've wasted time reading this when you should have been reading Undead Heart. Go forth and order. You won't regret it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2011 7:00 AM PDT

The Spellmans Strike Again: A Novel (Izzy Spellman Mysteries)
The Spellmans Strike Again: A Novel (Izzy Spellman Mysteries)
by Lisa Lutz
181 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Those Spellmans!, March 19, 2010
If Lisa Lutz gave it all up to write the white pages for the phone company I would read it cover to cover. This installment of the Spellmans does not disappoint. The plot is haphazzard just like life and that is what makes these characters so real, even if they do seem over the top at times. I laughed (snorted to the point my husband started thinking he should call someone... who wasn't him... to deal with this), I cried (not the first time with these novels), I sneered and may have growled a time or two at mean characters, and in the end... I sighed with happy bittersweet contentment over how the series has ended.