Profile for Robert Dereme > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Dereme RSS Feed (United States)

Alice in Wonderland
Alice in Wonderland
DVD ~ Tina Majorino
Offered by mjf warehouse
Price: $29.95
48 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome. I love Alice, September 24, 2006
This review is from: Alice in Wonderland (DVD)
I love Tina Majorino as Alice. Her voice is so angelic even with a British accent it was perfect for the naive part of Alice.

I love this adaptation of the story. Tina wasn't the only great actor in this movie who played her part well.

Martin Short was amazing. I really disagree with one of the reviews saying that Tweedledum and Tweedledee were the best, I like both actors (George Wendt, and Robbie Coltrane) but they were the worst to me. I'm so happy that all they really had to do was narrate a short story to Alice.

I liked the queen's part but I felt that Miranda Richardson does the same thing in almost every movie; it reminded me of her part in sleepy hollow.

At first I wasn't sure about Whoopi Goldberg playing Cheshire cat but she really did a great job. Her smile was perfect. I guess I originally felt the cat should be a man. Whoopi did a great job being a great twist of creepy, sarcastic, and playful.

I was laughing my head off watching this. It was amazing.

The special/digital effects were amazing not just for 1999, the scene where she finally gets into the garden was better than when they walked through the ice wall in Van Hellsing. It was a very similar effect and Van Hellsing came out in 2004.

I didn't feel that she really learned a lesson, as some people were saying, she was supposed to sing "Cherry Vine" she sang what she wanted. She did gain confidence but she was being defiant. She had personal gain but I don't feel she actually learned a moral.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2008 6:12 PM PDT