Profile for Shane Hughes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shane Hughes RSS Feed (Edmonds, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Ghost Stories [+digital booklet]
Ghost Stories [+digital booklet]
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, May 20, 2014
The only problem with this album is that it's too short! Really, I think most fans will agree that the first few albums were Coldplay's best. The last couple have been sort of hit or miss for me. There were some amazing songs, but also some that I would have to skip sometimes. This album is different because I can listen to the entire thing all the way through without skipping anything. Ghost Stories is very much scaled back compared to Viva and Mylo which is a welcome change in my opinion. I can't even choose a favorite song because they are all great. Definitely some relax and chill out music, so don't buy it expecting a rockier Coldplay.

How I Met Your Mother: Season 9
How I Met Your Mother: Season 9
DVD ~ Bob Saget
Price: $16.99
11 used & new from $15.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite sitcom of all time, May 2, 2014
This show is hilarious, heartbreaking, clever, really everything you could want in a show. I can see why some fans (okay a LOT of fans) hated the finale. However, although it indeed felt rushed, I actually thought it was good. It tied up the loose ends and kind of went full circle.

Disarm The Descent
Disarm The Descent

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing Howard, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Disarm The Descent (MP3 Music)
I do think this album is great, but I got into Killswitch with Howard on vocals, so that is what I'm used to. Jesse definitely has a good voice, but it's so generic in this particular genre that it lacks the punch that it needs. I feel like Howard Jones has/had a distinctive style about his vocals that made KSE unique. Overall, if you like the original Killswitch, you'll obviously love this. If you gave up after the last album like I sort of did, this is certainly a step back in the right direction.

Pure Heroine
Pure Heroine
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great debut, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (MP3 Music)
I bought this because it was on sale, but like most people "Royals" has been stuck in my head for a while now. Obviously overplayed, but I wanted to see what the rest sounded like. What I really enjoyed about this is the minimal style production on here, which reminds me a lot of the XX, another artist I like a lot. Lyrically, I haven't really dissected it much yet but it's not bad by any means. Much better than most "pop" music on the radio today. I'd say if you like Royals, you will like the rest.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 2, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is my first gaming headset and I love it. The wires are definitely annoyingly long at times but it's cool that you can sit far away and still have them plugged in if you wanted to. I'm more of a casual gamer and that's who these are probably aimed at. I wanted something affordable but decent quality and these fit my needs. Mic works great and you can hear everything that's going on. They are also really comfortable if you are wearing them for a long period of time.

Black Out The Sun
Black Out The Sun

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 28, 2013
This review is from: Black Out The Sun (MP3 Music)
If you're a fan of Sevendust, you will like this album. It's pretty standard for them, which means it's filled with awesome riffs and melodies. I thought CDM was a good comeback album with Clint, but this one is really showing what they can do. It's definitely my favorite out of the last few that they have released. Not one bad song on the entire thing.

Seven Psychopaths
Seven Psychopaths
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun movie, March 10, 2013
Definitely not understanding all of these 1 star reviews. I don't think it's necessarily full 5 star material, but I wanted to balance some of the bad reviews out. It's a fun movie that is original, not something you see every day which is hard to find in a film these days.

That's My Boy
That's My Boy
DVD
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It was alright, November 27, 2012
Maybe I've just outgrown Adam Sandler's comedy. I'm not sure. But I thought this movie was just okay. It had some funny moments but overall, it just seemed like it was trying to hard to be raunchy. I'd still recommend it if you like his movies though.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Xbox 360
Offered by Delaware
Price: $32.99
275 used & new from $13.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, November 14, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I haven't even really played campaign yet but just from MP and zombies, this game is super fun. I thought MW3 was pretty good but not great, this game is ten times better. It's super smooth and there aren't any maps that I hate like there were on MW3. Overall I'd say get it.

Listen Up! [+digital booklet]
Listen Up! [+digital booklet]

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing voice, May 27, 2012
I watch Idol occasionally and Haley was by far my favorite singer last season. I knew that she could make some great music with a voice like that. This album is awesome and you can hear that the record company allowed her more freedom sound-wise than most of the contestants get. There isn't one bad song on the whole CD, which seems way too short to be honest. Undone already sounds like a classic ballad. I'm not even a person who listens to this type of music much but Haley is an exception. Check it out

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5