Profile for Tyler Yasaka > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tyler Yasaka RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case for Moto E - Retail Packaging - White
Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case for Moto E - Retail Packaging - White
Price: $12.90
3 used & new from $12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome case, January 12, 2015
This is a great case. Fits quite snugly, seems to offer sufficient protection from light abuse (I wouldn't drop it from 2 stories onto concrete), has a nice feel, isn't bulky, and looks awesome. I mean, the phone actually looks better with the case than without it. First time I've ever said that.
I got the white case to match my white phone. If you don't look closely, it doesn't even seem to have a case on it.
Oh, and the android engraved design on the back is just sweet.

Kala KA-15S Mahogany Soprano Ukulele
Kala KA-15S Mahogany Soprano Ukulele
Offered by M Sound Ship
Price: $54.99
39 used & new from $49.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful look, feel, and sound, January 7, 2015
For the price, this ukelele has an amazing sound. And I mean, it is really nice. It is well-made - sturdy and beautiful. I have another ukelele that cost nearly as much, but it does not feel or sound nearly as good as this one. Perhaps a professional musician or ukelele snob could find some fault with this, but not me. I don't think you can go wrong with this one.

Arduino UNO R3 Board with ATmega328P Microcontroller, ATmega16U2 and USB
Arduino UNO R3 Board with ATmega328P Microcontroller, ATmega16U2 and USB
Offered by Karlsson Robotics.
Price: $25.95
27 used & new from $9.86

5.0 out of 5 stars A CS major's ultimate toy, January 7, 2015
The Arduino Uno is just awesome. As a computer science major, I have had so much fun tinkering with it and using it in various projects.

The Uno is a great microcontroller to get if it is your first, or if you just need something expensive. Arduino comes with excellent open source software which you can use to write your code (in C++) and then have it compiled and uploaded to the Arduino. The program takes care of all the details for you, so that all you have to do, essentially, is write the code and upload it. I know for a fact that the software is available on Windows and Ubuntu (what I use). I imagine it is available for OS X as well but I would check that to make sure.

There are quite literally countless things you can do with the Uno. It is simply a miniature computer, so you can use it for fun, educational projects (mainly what I do), or you can build something practical with it (use your imagination!).

If you're a tinkerer and what to get some hands-on experience with programming and electronics, I'd definitely recommend the Arduino Uno.

Arduino Sidekick Basic Kit
Arduino Sidekick Basic Kit
Offered by Electronix Express
Price: $19.90
8 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good companion for arduino, January 7, 2015
This is a nice little kit. I've had a lot of fun tinkering with all the little parts that are in the kit. I use the jumper wires, LEDs, and breadboard the most. The resistors, pushbuttons, and switches are also quite handy. There are other parts (like the servo motor) that I haven't used at all yet, but it's nice to have them in case I ever find a use for them.

Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (DTSE9H/32GBZET)
Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (DTSE9H/32GBZET)
Price: $11.99
4 used & new from $9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 7, 2015
I've had no problems with this thumb drive so far. It is well made, works as it is supposed to, and is inexpensive (at least it was when I bought it). Can't go wrong with this one.

PNY XLR8 SATA 120GB 6Gbps 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SSD9SC120GMDF-RB
PNY XLR8 SATA 120GB 6Gbps 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SSD9SC120GMDF-RB
Offered by Better Choice Online
Price: $56.98
64 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid State, Solid Bargain, January 7, 2015
I bought this hard drive as a replacement for my laptop's HDD (hard disk drive). The speed improvement of this thing compared to the HDD is incredible. I installed Ubuntu as the operating system on this drive, and the computer literally boots in 20 seconds, with everything fully loaded. Downloads, file transfers, and application startups are all must faster with a solid state drive.
When I purchased this I got a good price for it, and as far as I know it works as well as any of its competitors. It has worked like a charm for me.

Docooler Motorcycle Bike Moped Scooter Cover Waterproof Rain UV Dust Prevention Dustproof Covering (L(Black))
Offered by Docooler
Price: $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 7, 2015
This cover has worked fantastic for me so far. I got the large size and it fits snugly on my Kawasaki Ninja 250r (a relatively small motorcycle). My bike sits out in the open when not in use, but I don't have to worry about the weather getting to it with this cover.

Shubb C2 Nickel Capo for Nylon String Guitar
Shubb C2 Nickel Capo for Nylon String Guitar
Price: $18.32
46 used & new from $15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a sweet, nicely made capo, January 7, 2015
This is a sweet, nicely made capo. It is very easy to snap on and off of the guitar, unlike the other acoustic guitar capo I have. Yet it also has a very firm and solid grip when it is snapped onto the fretboard.
Definitely the best capo I have ever used.

Radikal-G By GBX Mens Deed Strap Ankle Motorcycle Boot Shoe, Black, US 9.5
Radikal-G By GBX Mens Deed Strap Ankle Motorcycle Boot Shoe, Black, US 9.5
Offered by Virtual Exchanges, Inc.
Price: $22.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Nearly broke my foot, January 7, 2015
The title is an exaggeration, but the arch of my foot was in fact sore for an entire day after simply trying one of these on. The size fit just fine once the shoe was on, but getting it on was a pain (literally). As can be seen in the picture, there is a strap that goes around the ankle of the boot. The problem is that this strap does not stretch and does not unfasten at all... making it nearly impossible to actually get my foot in the shoe.
If the ankle strap just has a snap to unfasten, this might have been a decent boot. But as it is I don't recommend it.

4x4 Universial 16 Key Switch Keypad Keyboard For Arduino
4x4 Universial 16 Key Switch Keypad Keyboard For Arduino
Offered by Kootek
Price: $2.99
14 used & new from $0.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, November 29, 2014
The keypad has worked great for everything I have tried using it for. No issues, does what it is supposed to do.
The only downside is that it doesn't come with any instructions for use. But it is easy to find directions online, so that's not really a problem.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3