Profile for Alguém Ninguém > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alguém Ninguém RSS Feed (Portugal)

B+W 72mm Clear UV Haze with Multi-Resistant Coating (010M)
B+W 72mm Clear UV Haze with Multi-Resistant Coating (010M)
Price: $42.50
14 used & new from $32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars B+W 72E CLEAR UV HAZE MRC (010M) (I believe) with Nikkor 18-200, September 1, 2008
Been my first time on Amazon and english not my motherlanguage I was full of doubts, but, following one step after another, everything was clarified and I had a good surprise at the end, as I could pay in euros. Delivery was as previewed, so I am perfectly satisfied with service.
About the filter, I am no expert, but after searching a lot, I concluded that B+W were optically at least one of the best and their MRC (Multi Resistent Coating) an aditional advantage. My doubts:
1- Slim or "normal" (this item). One hard to find information was the real differences between them (perhaps too evident for someone that had the filter in his hand, which was not my case), finally I believed that I found out that the slim version was slimmer because there was no outer thread, so also no possibility to attach a second filter and also the lens cap would not fit well. But (I read) B+W would advise to use the slim version with lenses with focal lenghts under 28 mm because of vignetting, and my Nikkor 18-200 is equivalent to 27 mm in wide angle. I decided to take the risk, and after a few trials, I see no vignetting. Attached, the filter only shows a thickness of 4 mm (better than an older 62 mm filter (for another lens) I have with 5 mm. The lens cap fits perfectly.
2- Filter identification: At Schneider they call the filter 72E CLEAR UV HAZE MRC (010M), that is not exactly like at Amazon (the all important MRC misses), fortunatly the item number 66-070243 clarified and the filter I received has MRC written on it.
3- Price: "A UV filter should be cheap" (I think), don't they say it protects our expensive lenses? I would say 5% of the lens value would be the most, that was not the case here, but with the help of Amazon I could make it for 9%... (well, at least I have the best filter in the world).