Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Jill Kurtz > Reviews

Browse

Jill Kurtz's Profile

Customer Reviews: 57

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jill Kurtz "~jillb~" RSS Feed (Boise, ID)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Still Waters (Sandhamn Murders Book 1)
Still Waters (Sandhamn Murders Book 1)
Price: $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this down., September 27, 2015
I got this book as the free Amazon Prime monthly choice. This month none of the four books fell into the genre I normally read. But I have read several Sweden based books in the past and decided to try Still Waters. I am so glad I did. The author did a great job developing the plot line and characters. It kept me guessing to the end. A most enjoyable read and one I am happy to recommend to others.

Chain Reaction (The Phenom League)
Chain Reaction (The Phenom League)
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars So bad I couldn't finish., September 25, 2015
The premise of this book looked really promising. It's set during WWII in Chicago with the group working on creating the first chain reaction. Then the main character turns out to be a vampire. OK. But from then on every other paragraph describes the arousal state of his penis. I read about 10% more of the book and finally gave up. I was really disappointed..
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2016 9:35 AM PST

The Color of Light
The Color of Light
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing book that caused me three sleepless nights., October 28, 2014
This book is not my normal reading fare. But with all the great reviews I decided to give it a chance. There isn't anything I can write that would be different from the other glowing reviews. I don't normally like when a story line bounces between two different time frames. The author handled this masterfully. I have trouble remembering lots of different characters. The author did such a great job of describing all the characters that I had no trouble remembering everyone and caring about them all. Helen Maryles Shankman has just been added to my list of favorite authors and I will be looking to read any of her other books.

WaterBrick - 2 Pack Blue with Spigot Container
WaterBrick - 2 Pack Blue with Spigot Container
Offered by Off Grid Warehouse
Price: $59.95
4 used & new from $53.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It was easy to pack these bricks because they interlocked together in ..., October 18, 2014
A quality product all the way around. It was easy to pack these bricks because they interlocked together in the storage area of our camper & the spigot was super nice with a nearly failure proof on-off faucet. Love these water bricks.

Darkened: An Avery Tywella Novel (Avery Tywella Series Book 1)
Darkened: An Avery Tywella Novel (Avery Tywella Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't make it past the first chapter, September 19, 2014
This book has some potential, but it needs some serious proof reading. Using the wrong word, e.g. "mix" instead of "mince" , three times in the space of two pages just became too distracting.

I hope the author gets some help polishing up this book because I would like to read a finished copy.

Bats and Bones (The Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mysteries Book 1)
Bats and Bones (The Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mysteries Book 1)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not great literature but a very fun read., August 28, 2014
We're heading to Yellowstone in a couple of weeks and I found this book particularly enjoyable right now. The characters. were our age and the food sounded scrumptious. All in all, a fun read. just wish the author had included a drawing of the camper grill she described in the book.

XGeneration 2: The Watchers (XGeneration Series)
XGeneration 2: The Watchers (XGeneration Series)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Answers all the questions from book 1, June 6, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It answers all the questions from book one and left the door open for more books in this series. Again the characters are all well developed and you can actually care about them. Even the bullies earned my sympathy after learning about their home life. I like this series enough that I signed up for the authors mailing list, which is a first for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2014 5:52 PM PDT

XGeneration 1: You Don't Know Me (XGeneration Series)
XGeneration 1: You Don't Know Me (XGeneration Series)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I've read a lot of YA fiction lately, but this is by far one of the best., June 3, 2014
I liked this story a lot and will be buying the sequel in a few minutes. The characters were well written and likeable. They had to deal with the normal teenage stuff without getting into the over the top self absorption some YA books go into. There was an actual mystery that was only partly resolved in this first book and I'm looking forward too the next book.

Famous in a Small Town (An Entering Southern Country Novel Book 1)
Famous in a Small Town (An Entering Southern Country Novel Book 1)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A fast moving mystery with surprises throughou., May 23, 2014
This book surprised me in many ways. The characters were well defined and it didn't take long to begin caring about them... at least some of them. The bad guys and gals were a little over the top and there wasn't a chance you would care about them. The plot moved along at a quick pace and kept me interested throughout. And then there were several surprise twists at the end. A good read all around.

NOW Foods 4x6 Acidophilus Powder, 3 Ounces
NOW Foods 4x6 Acidophilus Powder, 3 Ounces

5.0 out of 5 stars Put this in a smoothie and enjoy the benefits, May 18, 2014
This is a nice powder that you can sprinkle on anything without it adding a taste. But the benefits of colon health are great. I use it in my morning protein shake along with Sprirulina and Chlorella. I can really tell a difference if I don't have one of these shakes as it really improves my energy levels too. I was taking Florastor which is a fine product but was $62/bottle. This is about $15 and has easily lasted as long as a bottle of Florastor. I really can't tell a difference in the way I feel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6