Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD Kids Edition Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for E. Lee Zimmerman > Reviews

Browse

E. Lee Zimmerman's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1268
Top Reviewer Ranking: 743

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Lee Zimmerman "Trekscribbler (aka Ed)" RSS Feed (Earth)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver, DBPOWER® BA-800 2-in-1 Wireless Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Switchable Transmitter and Receiver with 3.5mm Stereo Output - Connect Your Pc, Iphone, Ipod, Ipad, Tablets or Mp3 Player to Speakers and Entertainment Systems, Home or Car
Offered by NovaPower
Price: $25.99
2 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Now There's A Strong Reason To Hang On To Your Old Music Tech, August 28, 2015
I’ve long been a fan of music. As I’ve mentioned before, I had the good fortune of growing up in and around the radio broadcasting business, and – though I’m not in it whatsoever professionally – I still can appreciate the tunes coming out of my radio. The ability to listen to music has dramatically evolved over the last 30 years, and some folks just haven’t quite kept up, what with Bluetooth prices being what they are. Well, DBPower has given ‘the rest of us’ a mechanism a chance to keep our outdated tech but give it a whole modern spin.

Their BA-800 Bluetooth Transmitter & Receiver affords users the chance to take an old stereo, equip its AUX output with the transmitter, and – voila – make it Bluetooth enabled! Or – even better – it can do the exact opposite by using the AUX input as a source for receiving tunes off of your SmartPhone and blasting them through the speakers. Instead of having to go out to the store and make a significant investment in a whole new system, this device gives you the chance to extend the use of what you already have.

I tested it in my home, and I really only found one issue: the included manual indicates that the device works effectively for up to ten meters away, but I found that once I crossed about twenty feet or so that I was subject to some minor pops, hisses, and the like. I’m not sure if it’s subject to interference from conflicting signals in the area (much in the same way older transmitters and receivers were in their infancy), but I was definitely experiencing some signal loss. Now that’s definitely something I can work with; it definitely wouldn’t be any substantial reason for me to return the product. I just wanted to mention it here for posterity’s sake.

It’s definitely very easy to operate (basically, most of its functions boil down to the flip of a switch). Pairing was quick (tested with my iPhone 4), but I strongly recommend reading the brief manual as there are some differences between how this Bluetooth-enabled device works compared to others.

Recommended. Initially, my impressions were that this device – while affordable and practical – would probably have a fairly limited appeal; but after giving it a try I suspect folks might be surprised how much they might be able to make use of it around the house. Granted, not every household is going to need one, but instead of trashing your outdated stereo system or donating it to charity this gives you the ability to prolong its livelihood for years to come … or, at least, until you make your next entertainment investment.

In the interests of fairness, I’m pleased to disclose that the fine folks at DBPower provided me with sample testing product of their BA-800 Bluetooth Transmitter & Receiver by request for the expressed purposes of completing this review; and their contribution to me in no way, shape, or form influenced my opinion of it.

Shatterproof Glass Water Bottle - 16oz - Flip Cap Sports Water Bottle - Black
Shatterproof Glass Water Bottle - 16oz - Flip Cap Sports Water Bottle - Black
Offered by Glasstic Bottle Co
Price: $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As A Frequent Hydrater, This Is One Of The Best Bottles I've Ever Used, August 27, 2015
Living as I do in the other great land down under – namely Arizona – I’m used to having to travel about town during the summer months with a water bottle practically wherever I go. Sure, it’s a dry heat, but all of that dry heat tends to dry one out much more quickly than climates with accompanying humidity – think of breathing fresh air right from the oven, and you catch my drift. And because many of us have had the good fortune of actually owning a wide variety of these products it stands to reason that Arizonans in particular might be our nation’s best resource when considering “What do I need to know about buying the best water bottle for one’s entertainment dollar?”

These bottles from Glasstic are pretty terrific.

First, they’re shatterproof, and – having either busted more than one’s lifetime share of glass alternatives OR having suffered through the inevitable blistering or cracking of plastic types (thank you, AZ sun) – I know “shatterproof” when I see it. This one is pretty solid. It’s a double-walled system that Glasstic employs, so there’s double the protection. If anything, I’d be more concerned about the heavy plastic tops and/or bottoms malfunctioning before the bottles does (again, there’s not much that can be done about AZ’s extreme elements).

Second, the user can either drink from the wide-mouthed bottle OR make use of the provided flip-top for hydrating. What makes Glasstic’s an exceptional choice is that the flip-top technology employs not one but two hinges in order for a user like myself to keep that cap out of my way when drinking. It first goes up, and then the second hinge allows for me to push it back further out of the way so it doesn’t pick up any of the germs or sweat from my face. Kudos there as I’ve only seen that in the market once. The fliptop also has a handy built-in safety switch that locks the cap in place, minimizing the chances for an unfortunate spill. Kudos there.

Third, that second hinge is also used to provide the user with a handle loop, making this a bottle that can also be worn on your person or slung from a pack via a carabiner (clip). Arizonans of all stripes tend to be avid outdoors-people; and – when we’re out and about on the trails – we need to have a way to tote that water with us. Glasstics’ construction is solid, though (forgive me as I’m a cynic) I’m not how sure that plastic will last in the life of the serious hiker. Still, because the company makes this bottle their business, they’d do well to offer up ‘replacement parts’ for folks like me.

Lastly, Glasstic has handily fashioned these bottles to be used as I’ve suggested I’ll use mine (on-the-go) but also they offer additional pieces should the user want to make use of this around the house or at the office, where you might not require all of the extras. Thus, you can switch out the top and bottom with more traditional screw-top varieties if that’s what you please.

Highly recommended. As portable water bottles go, this one is very nice; and the fact that it can come with some additional accessories meant to maximize your hydration experience is a huge, huge plus over other competing brands in the marketplace. I’ll be making use of this in the weeks ahead, and should I encounter any issues with it I’ll definitely come back here and update … but, for now, I’m good to go … with water in tow. Exceptional quality for those of you willing to spend a little more to get not so much what you may need now BUT could need tomorrow.

In the interests of fairness, I’m pleased to disclose that the fine folks at Glasstic provided me with sample testing product of their 16 oz Shatterproof Glass Water Bottle by request for the expressed purposes of completing this review; and their contribution to me in no way, shape, or form influenced my opinion of it.

Bluetooth V3.0 Music Receiver, DBPOWER BA-600 Car Charger With FM Transmitter Function, Hands-free + AUX Cable, Car Wireless Bluetooth Solutions
Offered by NovaPower
Price: $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It Took Me A Few Attempts, But I Did Get This To Work Quite Well (Might Take Some User Adjustments To Maximize Results), August 27, 2015
As I’ve mentioned in previous reviews on related items, my wife drives our brand-spanking-new auto. She’s the primary breadwinner as I’m exploring career life in a whole new spectrum (one which keeps me largely at home), and that means I get the back-up vehicle. I do get behind the wheel of our 2015 Toyota on the weekends, and I’m constantly amazed with all of the Bluetooth gadgetry once properly linked in with my iPhone 4.

Little did I know that – for a fairly cost-efficient purchase – I could have nearly the same functionality in my truck, as is the case with this Car Bluetooth Adapter from DBPower. All is takes is two things: first, you gotta have the SmartPhone; and second you gotta have a car! In the past, competitors would release a similar product that required an AUX input on your car’s stereo system in order to operate, but DBPower’s allows you to create your own ‘internal network’ with the adapter so that you’re no longer required to have the jack. This clever little device works both with and without it.

I tested this thing from my very own driveway this morning, and I wanted to share with you a few results.

First, the network you create between your SmartPhone and the adapter will overpower any existing local FM stations utilizing the requiring one of the three listed frequencies: it operates on either FM 88.1, 96.7, or 107.9. This was immediately a concern of mine (when I was asked to test the product) as my local radio network has broadcast stations already on those 3 frequencies; I’m pleased to report that while the Adapter did NOT overpower the 88.1 or the 107.9 (both big, big, big local stations), it had absolutely no problem honing in on the 96.7 and securing it.

Second, I had a little bit of trouble initially using the cell phone function. The Adapter is great in that it gives you audio cues through the car’s stereo speakers very clearly when you’ve established your connectivity, but – for some reason – I couldn’t get a phone call to go through to my house phone. So I backed out of the garage and tried it again; it still failed. However, the third time I cranked the audio way up on the phone, and it worked. My only guess (I’m not a technician) was that my speaking voice must’ve been too low for the iPhone to hear that I was speaking (through the interface), as when I went in and checked my phone recorder I did have 3 messages, the first two all static and the third one was me.

So, here’s my best advice: if you want to make use of a cost-effective alternative to buying an expensive in-car stereo Bluetooth, then this will work … just keep the volume way UP on your SmartPhone. The music sounds better, and the calls work best that way.

Highly Recommended. If you have the right set-up in your automobile (a car stereo equipped with an AUX input), then this handy little gadget allows you to enjoy all the bells and whistles that come standard in newer autos, namely Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to engage the many, many functions of your SmartPhone on your car’s audio system. Until prices for those newer stereo systems come down, this remains the best cost-effective solution in the marketplace today.

In the interests of fairness, I’m pleased to disclose that the fine folks at DBPower provided me with sample testing product of their BA-600 Car Bluetooth Music Adapter With FM by request for the expressed purposes of completing this review; and their contribution to me in no way, shape, or form influenced my opinion of it.

{Premium Stainless Steel Car Charger}GRDE ® 2.4A Dual-Port Rapid Portable Travel USB Charger with Car Escape Emergency Safety Hammer Function,for Phone,iPad,Samsung,Nexus,other Cellphones/USB Devices
Offered by MC-POWER
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Wife Called Dibs On This The Moment She Saw It: Great Device For The Business Traveler, August 27, 2015
So I’m opening up my mail and going through a handful of products received, and – I kid you not – as soon as my wife laid eyes on this Premium Car Charger she announced clearly that she wanted it. She travels a lot on business, and – as a consequence – she’s always being shuttled about by peers and supervisors in any number of circumstances. Almost every time she does she tends to find herself on-the-run with little-to-no power on her SmartPhone, and she’s looking for some juice. (Electrically speaking, that is.) Few folks in this day and age carry those portable chargers on them in their car, so she’s taken to traveling with a somewhat bulky one in her purse. Well, once she laid eyes on this, I knew it was spoken for.

And, actually, I have to agree with her. This thing is very nice. It’s super compact – about the size of a cigarette lighter (for those of you who still use one); and the fact that it’s made of stainless steel only makes the thing look vastly more appealing than other models I’ve seen available in stores for use in your auto’s cigarette lighter post. Additionally, the designers have outfitted this particular model to be used to smash out a window in the event emergency: while I can’t speak to its effectiveness in that regard (I’m not going to crack my own window to give it a go), I did tap it on the glass to see how well it ‘sounded.’ I’ve no doubt a good swing will do the trick.

Because it’s so nice, she’ll undoubtedly be carrying this one in her purse or briefcase in the days to come. I can already see her asking her next driver if they mind sharing a little juice from their car’s battery. Kudos for getting something perfect, design team!

Highly recommended. Compact, stylish, AND efficient, you can’t go wrong with this Premium Stainless Steel Car Charger from GRDE. Plus the wife liked it. Right out of the box. I’ll probably never see it again. Go figure.

In the interests of fairness, I’m pleased to disclose that the fine folks at GRDE provided me with sample testing product of their Premium Stainless Steel Car Charger by request for the expressed purposes of completing this review; and their contribution to me in no way, shape, or form influenced my opinion of it.

Mini USB Rechargeable Fan, 3-speed Portable Desktop Fan, Powered by A 18650 Battery (Included) or Via USB Port; Mute and Energy Saving; Ideal for Study/ Office/ Vehicle/ Outdoor Activities(Black)
Offered by Oceantimes
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Desktop Gadget Ever!, August 27, 2015
Seriously, I’ve reviewed a lot of products. Having been doing this for years, I see all kinds of things – from household what’s-its to garage thingies and the like. But what I’ve noticed as of late is that very, very few of these items ever really ‘wow’ me. Don’t get me wrong: I’ll always give a 5-star-product a 5-star-rating … but there’s something to be said for receiving some downright simple gadget that just tickles my fancy in an old-fashioned way.

Well, I’ve got one this morning: this USB Mini Fan.

See, I’m the only male in the house, and – as a consequence – the thermostat tends to be set mildly higher than I would like. Personally, I’ve always said that I could work in a meat locker and you’d never hear a peep (of complaint) out of me, but no one’s yet taken me serious and bought me a meat locker. So I’ve set up my corner of the den with a great fan on the credenza behind me; as much as I figured when I did it that would do the trick it just doesn’t most days.

Now that I have this fan, I think I’m much better off.

It stands only about six inches high. There are some small adhesive strips along the bottom should you want to position it someplace specific (I just have mine setting between me and the PC flatscreen. It either plugs into any available USB port (PC or charger) or requires the zap from a rechargeable battery (included), and you’re good to go. What makes this one even more marketable is the fact that – unlike many models I’ve seen – it has three settings, and they’re all clearly indicated (with lights) on the operator dial. There’s a light breeze, a natural wind, or a powerful wind setting. I have mine (right now) on the soft breeze setting, and it’s absolutely wonderful.

I’ve rarely been this happy to trial a product. Sure, maybe that’s put me in a good mood … but isn’t that what having a successful consuming experience is all about?!

Lastly, the box contains a handy user’s manual for those who need it.

Highly recommended. I’m totally loving this desktop mini fan. I can’t tell you how much I’ll be using it in the days/weeks/years ahead. Totally loving it.

In the interests of fairness, I’m pleased to disclose that the fine folks at GRDE provided me with sample testing product of their Mini USB Rechargeable Fan by request for the expressed purposes of completing this review; and their contribution to me in no way, shape, or form influenced my opinion of it.

ANSVIP Ultra-fast & Accurate Instant Read Thermometer, Best Wireless Digital Thermometer for Cooking Food, Meat, Grill, Candy, Liquids, Baking with Stainless Collapsible Probe - Rated #1 Thermometer - Perfect Use in Kitchen and Outdoor Cooking - 100% Lifetime Guarantee - Blue
Offered by Ansvip
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Let Me Tell You What I Like About This Meat Thermometer ..., August 27, 2015
As the current resident stay-at-home-husband, I do end up doing the lion’s share of the cooking, so – because I formerly was never very good at it – I’ve had to ‘bone up’ on the culinary education. Mostly, I started slow, but now I’m up to burgers, steaks, and chicken dishes with some regularity. The biggest “issue” I’ve honestly had to grow accustomed to is that as a cooking newbie I never understood how to tell when something was “done” or not. Most of the recipes or product packaging I’ve consulted have always talked about “meat temperature” but in my days observing my mother cook, my sisters cook, and my wife cook, I’ve never seen them reach for a meat thermometer. So let’s just say I was confused.

As a result, I began using one of these about six months ago. While I appreciate the assurance it gives me at the stove, I can never seem to find the blinking thing as it ends up always slipping to the bottom of the utensils drawer where I can’t locate it quickly and easily. Now that I have this one from Ansvip – it’s super-compact, much in the same way most men love their tools to be – I’ll probably never look for another.

In fairness, I’ve only had the chance to use it once (yesterday evening’s burgers). It worked perfectly. But that can’t replace the excitement of having an instrument I can find EASILY and put to good use for the meals ahead.

Bon appetite!

Highly recommended. Let me tell you what I like about this: it’s probably the most compact digital thermometer I’ve had the good fortune to own – much unlike the long stick-style variety – so that makes it easy-to-store, easy-to-find, and easy-to-use. The fact that it’s quick and efficient is great … but I’m thrilled that I can put it in the drawer AND still find it when I need it. Kudos!

In the interests of fairness, I’m pleased to disclose that the fine folks at Ansvip provided me with sample testing product of their Digital Thermometer by request for the expressed purposes of completing this review; and their contribution to me in no way, shape, or form influenced my opinion of it.

AGPtEK Hands-free Efficient Call Center Noise Cancelling MONAURAL Corded Headset Headphone With Mic and Comfortable Soft Pad For Office Home Desk Telephone-Cord with Dual 3.5mm Audio Plug
Offered by BrainyTrade
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Addition To My Desktop Toolkit (Tested on PC and iPhone 4), August 27, 2015
As a blogger, writer, and reviewer, I spend an awful lot of hours each day in front of the PC. Fortunately my work doesn’t require me to make all that many telephone calls, but that never stopped people from trying to reach out to me over the phone. While I don’t make all that many via the PC, I will from time to time take a time-out in order to receive a cell call. I’m no big fan of the speakerphone (and neither are folks in general, I don’t suspect), so when AGPtEK asked if I’d be interested in testing their latest Telephone Headset I jumped at the chance.

Now, this is the Call Center variety, meaning it only has a single earpiece, and the headset is equipped with a mike on the flexible telescope for talking. The telescope’s construction gives you the freedom to adjust it to both your liking as well as that of your caller. Plus, it has a windsock over it (a definite plus) that serves to block out the rattle of plosive speaking. The headset plugs via RCA-style AUX cable into your desktop, laptop, or SmartPhone (kudos!), and you’re good to go. There’s a handy user’s sheet in the box, though I suspect most users will master this one just by looking at it.

As for how it works, I made a handful of calls to test it out on my end. I couldn’t exactly say why there was any difference, but some folks indicated they could hear my a bit more clearly via the PC hookup than they could my iPhone. (I noticed the post doesn’t exactly fit as snugly into the AUX slot as do traditional music earphones, so maybe that has something to do with it.) Still, everyone assured me that they could definitely hear me fine, so I have absolutely no fear in making use of it the way I intend.

Highly recommended. This is EXACTLY the kind of thing I both like and need when I’m puttering away on the computer trying to do some work, and I receive a phone call on my cell: the clarity (from what my callers have said) is very solid (note: it was stronger for some reason on my PC hookup than it was on my cell, but that’s a trade-off I can live with). The cord’s a bit longer than I’d like, but that’s a minor distraction.

In the interests of fairness, I’m pleased to disclose that the fine folks at AGPtEK provided me with sample testing product of their Telephone Headset (Call Center) by request for the expressed purposes of completing this review; and their contribution to me in no way, shape, or form influenced my opinion of it.

LEADCIN Bike Bracelet Heavy Stainless Steel Men's Bycicle Bike Chain Bracelet Motorcycle Man Jewelry
Offered by Leadcin
Price: $25.99
2 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Striking Look ... Though It Is A Bit Heavy, August 27, 2015
As I mentioned in a recent review, I’ve only really begun exploring men’s jewelry in the past few years. Oh, I’ve always been interested in designer watches, pins, and the like; but there was just something about bracelets (in particular) that often kept me from trying them out. However, after I indulged myself in a few, I discovered that there’s a strong interest in dressing a bit differently from the next bloke, and consequently my curiosity was piqued.

LEADCIN has some very nice looking alternatives available online via their Amazon store, and they offered me the opportunity to try out this Stainless Steel (Blue) Bicycle Chain model. I’m wearing it right now as I pen this review.

As with most bracelets, it’s a bit difficult to get it clasp quickly: that’s no fault of LEADCIN or necessarily of the jewelry. This is just a task men have always done when putting them on a lady’s wrist; putting in on your own is a much different animal. However, once you get the angle just right, it goes on easily, and the clasp is certainly nice and tight.

As for the look of this one? It’s a deep, rich shade of blue (almost the classic 80’s/90’s Superman blue, and I’m wondering if that might not be of interest to some males?). It’s assembled from bike/motorcycle chain material, and thus it is relatively heavy on my wrist. That isn’t a distraction; rather it’s just another solid reason why you’ll want to have this one properly sized to fit your wrist by a jeweler. Otherwise, it’s going to bob around more than you’d probably want. There are also plenty of silver/chrome highlights to it for those of you who prefer to ‘mix it up’ (color-wise).

I’m probably not liking it as much as the last item I tested from LEADCIN, but that isn’t to say it’s inferior. It’s just a bit heavy. The colors are excellent, and I’d encourage you to pick one up if these things are in your wheelhouse. Definitely a striking look.

Recommended. Though this one is a bit heavier than what I’ve grown accustomed to, it definitely looks nice and shiny on my wrist. In fact, it might be a bit too shiny for my particular tastes, but it looks like an exceptional designer-style piece for the discriminating male.

In the interests of fairness, I’m pleased to disclose that the fine folks at LEADCIN provided me with sample testing product of their Stainless Steel Men's Bicycle Bike Chain Bracelet by request for the expressed purposes of completing this review; and their contribution to me in no way, shape, or form influenced my opinion of it.

Kimlee Nylon Sling Bag Sling Backpack Single Shoulder Backpack School Laptop Backpack
Offered by OIWAS
Price: $16.99 - $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Large-Sized Option Might Just Be My New Favorite Shoulder Sling, August 25, 2015
My wife and I used a heck of a lot of day packs. For example, we have one that’s specifically dedicated to our use when going to the movies (it carries our theatre refill cups and a small blanket for her, as she’s always getting chilled in the A/C). She has one she uses for specific papers being toted to and from the office, while I have one entirely devoted to my laptop and research materials. We have two that we only use when we attend our annual NASCAR event, with which we carry our headsets and racing gear to and from the track. Still, we have a few more day-style packs ready and waiting for us with our hiking gear for when we’re ready to hit the trails. I guess you could say that we’re serious pack enthusiasts, so we’re always on the look-out for yet one more to add to our arsenal.

Kimlee’s Nylon Sling Bag is a great find. The nylon is lightweight, but it certainly doesn’t feel so light that I’d be worried about tearing or ripping of any sort. (Nylon of this type is very durable.) The stitching definitely appears tight and thorough about all seams. This model comes with the usual top loop (for hanging off a hook), and the shoulder sling definitely has more padding than I’ve seen on most shoulder bags.

As for compartments, this one is fully loaded. The main interior is reasonably spacious (FYI: I bought the Large size, not the small one), and it has two internal elastic sleeves (one fabric, one mesh); the mesh one is located near the top of the bag so that you can carry a SmartPhone or MP3 player in it while feeding the headset cord (should you still use cable technology like I do) through the rubber opening at the very top – this serves to keep your player protected inside from exposure to the elements or (worse!) thieves. The backside of the pack has another zippered pouch with an attached binder clip for carrying additional belongings, and there’s a mesh-style side pouch (the kind usually reserved for water bottles, umbrellas, or other similar shaped objects). Lastly, there’s one more zippered pouch on the underside of the pack – where it clearly has the greatest protection and can’t even be seen when you’re wearing this over your shoulder – for things like your wallet, keys, cash, etc.: it’s a wonderful idea for those of us persnickety about concealing smaller things.

Excellent quality construction makes this an exceptional deal. Like I said, it’s very well made, and that fact that there are so many places with which to organize AND store your belongings is a huge plus so far as this consumer is concerned.

Highly recommended. As shoulder packs go, methinks it’s hard to beat this red one from Kimlee, and it’s definitely going to the top of the rotation. It comes with an excellent amount of padding, and there’s enough pockets to carry everything I’d need for a day’s excursion in and about the town and/or even the wilderness. Kudos!

In the interests of fairness, I’m pleased to disclose that the fine folks at Kimlee provided me with sample testing product of their Nylon Sling Bag Sling Backpack (Large size) by request for the expressed purposes of completing this review; and their contribution to me in no way, shape, or form influenced my opinion of it.

LEADCIN Masculine Mens Bike Chain Bracelet Stainless Steel Link, Silver Black Stone
Offered by Leadcin
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I've Really Only Discovered Mens' Jewelry In Past Few Years, But This Is Quite Nice, August 25, 2015
Confession time: growing up, I was never a big fan of jewelry. On a man, that is. I’d seen things that caught my eye or that were nice, but – when I put it on – it kind of lost its appeal. I couldn’t say why exactly, but I think it all boiled down to the fact that I rarely saw an item that look as good on my wrist as it did in the box.

My tastes have changed a bit now that I’m older, and I’ve actually picked up a few men’s bracelets in the past few years. (Go on: get your hate on, haters!) I think much of this newfound appreciation is owed to the fact that designers realized that a piece of jewelry on a man’s wrist should look decidedly masculine … and that doesn’t necessarily mean studded, striped, or slick.

This Men’s Bike Chain Bracelet from LEADCIN is exactly what I’m talking about. Its look isn’t eye-popping the way many available in stores are; instead, it’s a series of soft metal lines accented by some black silicone (rubber) in the notches. It never looks loud or obnoxious but – at all time – definitely has a man’s look to it, exactly opposite the way woman’s bracelets can be flashy, showy, and artsy. This isn’t artsy; it has an almost functional tone about it.

The only issue I had with it was the fact that the clasp is a bit hard to work. (Bear with me here, men, as women have been complaining about how difficult it is to put on a bracelet for years!) There’s a clasp that opens up easily enough, but its “hook” is about the same size as the loop, making it a bit difficult to slide on once it’s opened and waiting on your wrist. It took me a minute to get the angle right, so I’m sure you can do it, too. Be patient. She has been. Nor it’s your turn.

Recommended. Honestly, I’ve never been a huge fan of jewelry on a man until as of late when I’ve found myself looking at a piece of two and thinking, “Hey, that’s kinda cool.” This Men’s Bike Chain Bracelet from LEADCIN is just that – kinda cool – as it doesn’t look bright or brash or shocking the way some I’ve seen in stores do. It’s kind of a soft metallic almost robotic look hanging there just above my wrist, and it does look quite spiffy if I do say so myself. Other than needing to get it sized (I’ll probably take out one notch), it’s perfect.

In the interests of fairness, I’m pleased to disclose that the fine folks at LEADCIN provided me with sample testing product of their Masculine Mens Bike Chain Bracelet by request for the expressed purposes of completing this review; and their contribution to me in no way, shape, or form influenced my opinion of it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20