Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Ruth Henriquez Lyon > Reviews

Browse

Ruth Henriquez L...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 137

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ruth Henriquez Lyon RSS Feed (Duluth, Minnesota USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Majestic Pure Eyelash Growth Serum WonderLash - 2.5 ml Cutting Edge Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17 & Swiss Apple Stem Cells Based Formula For Eyelashes and Brows

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for me., June 6, 2016
I started using this product about 10 months ago, because my eyebrows had been thinning due to a thyroid imbalance and aging (I'm 59). I started out applying it once a day, and within 6 weeks or so my eyebrows were noticeably thicker. However, after about seven months, they started thinning again -- possibly because my thyroid medication needed adjustment. So I started applying the product twice a day to my brows, and again, within several weeks they filled in again.

You're supposed to use this once a day, and now that my I'm taking a slightly higher dose of thyroid medication I may try cutting back. Even with this product my eyebrows will never be as thick as they were 40 years ago, but that's ok. I'm happy to have the brows this product allows me to have. I would recommend trying this product. It seems not to work for some people, but at least it's less of a risk now since the price has come down significantly since I first bought it (it was $24.50).

Bob's Red Mill Date Sugar, 24 Ounce Package
Bob's Red Mill Date Sugar, 24 Ounce Package
Price: $13.99
5 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good deal., January 10, 2016
I decided to risk purchasing this date sugar after reading the comments from shoppers who had received it in a stuck-together block. The price was too good to pass up, and I figured if it was stuck together I would take a hammer to it and deal with it the best I could. That won't be necessary though, since the sugar is as sugar should be--a nice granular product that flows when you pour it.

Another topic discussed on this page is whether or not this sugar is sweet enough. I suppose this will be a matter of opinion. This "sugar" is just ground up dates and a small amount of oat flour to discourage clumping. Date sugar is less glycemic than regular table sugar, and thus is a good alternative for people (like me) who are trying to control their blood glucose levels. The product is not as sweet as real sugar, but I have found that being on a strict low-carb diet to control my blood sugar, my taste for sweets has evolved and the sweet foods I used to consume seem overly sweet to me now. Plain old dates seem plenty sweet--like eating candy, and this is a good thing for someone with blood sugar issues.

I've baked this sugar into a pumpkin "pie" made from canned pumpkin, tofu, and spices, and it was plenty sweet enough, plus healthy as well.

As with all my other purchases from Bob's Red Mill, this has exceeded my expectations. I will be purchasing it again.

Bitly Graduated Calf Compression Sleeve - Improved Leg Circulation & Pain Relief for Runners, Athletes & More-Lifetime Warranty (Small)
Offered by MOC, LLC
Price: $14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, supportive compression sleeves., December 22, 2015
This is the first pair of compression sleeves I've purchased, and I was concerned that they might not be tight enough. However, they give very strong compression and support, and wearing them is like having a leg massage. I wear them after doing high intensity interval training, and they help keep my muscles from seizing up later on during sleep. I will purchase them again from this seller, who provided excellent service.

Paksh Novelty Plastic Containers for Lunch / Small Food Containers with Lids, 8 Ounce
Offered by Garden plus Home
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, reliable, and a great deal., November 23, 2015
These are sturdy, airtight containers that are made of thick plastic that doesn't crack. They are the best deal you can get on purchasing them retail, and they last just about forever.

Kiva Organic Stevia Powder (Natural Sweetener) - Non-GMO, Vegan, Zero-Calories- (Sugar Free, NO AFTERTASTE and GROWN IN USA), 8-Ounce
Offered by Shop Direct
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as real sugar., November 3, 2015
This is the first pure stevia powder I've tried, and it is as close to sugar as you can get without actually having real sugar. I have not tried baking with it yet, but I'm using it to sweeten tea, smoothies, yoghurt, and other foods, and I really can't tell I'm using a sugar substitute. The price may seem off-putting for some people, but be aware that this product is very concentrated, so you use an eighth of what you would usually use (1/8 tsp instead of 1 tsp). For people with migraines it is far superior to any of the other non-sugar sweeteners on the market, many of which can trigger headaches.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2015 3:46 PM PST

EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Lighted Display, 400 lb. Capacity and "Step-On" Technology [2016 VERSION] - 20,000+ Reviews EatSmart Guaranteed Accurate
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $25.95
23 used & new from $21.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, great price., August 26, 2015
This scale is super accurate (I tested it with free weights). It is also attractive, lightweight, and easy to read. The free tape measure is nice as well.

Indian Reversible Magic Sari Art Silk Wrap Around Skirt
Indian Reversible Magic Sari Art Silk Wrap Around Skirt
Offered by Wevez
Price: $12.00
3 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, colorful, and well crafted., May 28, 2015
This is a beautiful, well-constructed skirt. It is reversible; one side has two layers, as in the product photo on the Amazon page, and the other side is one length. I felt that I was taking a gamble ordering a skirt without being able to choose the colors, but the colors are gorgeous and they all go well together. Moreover, since there are so many colors it is very easy to find tops to match. The fabric is incredibly soft and flowing, allowing the skirt to drape well and to be comfortable next to the skin.

I had a hard time finding the opening for the sash to pass through in its wrap-around circuit. There are actually two openings on the waistband, which are buttonhole stitched. One of them was still closed, but would be easy to open with a seam ripper or some embroidery scissors. The fact that there are two openings allows a good fit for different waist sizes. Another plus: the overlap of the fabric is wide enough that the wind should not be able to blow open your skirt to show too much upper leg.

I am 5'6" and weigh 140 pounds. The skirt fits perfectly, and hits just a little below my knee. I will purchase another of these skirts in the near future.

Ultimate Magnesium Citrate | Easy Swallow Capsules | Gentle On Stomach
Ultimate Magnesium Citrate | Easy Swallow Capsules | Gentle On Stomach

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product., May 22, 2015
I have been taking magnesium for almost a year now in order to lessen the frequency of migraines, which it has done somewhat. I just started taking this brand a few evenings ago, and decided to take the full dose all at once, since I was already acclimated to 800 mg per day of magnesium. That first evening I experienced a powerful feeling of peace, bliss, and calm, and I wondered if it was from the supplement. The same feeling followed after dosing on succeeding nights. The feeling lasts at least eight hours, because upon waking at 3:30 a.m, which I often do, I am still in a blissful state and quickly go back to sleep. For this reason I am now committed to this product. It could be that with acclimation the calming effect may dissipate over time, but my body seems to like this formula and that's enough cause for me to continue purchasing it. I never felt anything from the previous magnesium supplement, which was a gel-cap from Sam's Club.

Also, the company's customer service seems good. After purchasing this product I received an email from the founder of the company, Tony McGreene, with a couple of answers to frequently asked questions, including how to dose and when to take the supplement. I appreciate this personal touch from a vendor. Mr. McGreene states in his email that "We are a small company and we definitely want your feedback!" After having read a lot about faulty supplements and herbal scams in the news recently, it is encouraging to hear from a company's owner who clearly cares about his product and how it is perceived.

Nature's Way MygraFew (Feverfew), 90 Tablets
Nature's Way MygraFew (Feverfew), 90 Tablets
Offered by Top Pick
Price: $15.45
17 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for me., February 22, 2015
Mygrafew has significantly lessened the frequency and duration of my migraines. Before I started taking it, I was medicating with imitrex about five or six days per week, with a couple of those days needing treatment with one half of an imitrex, and about three of those days requiring a whole imitrex often supplemented with an additional analgesic (like lortab) to control the pain. About once every couple of weeks I would have a three-day migraine that didn't respond much to any medication.
Now I'm medicating much less, with my imitrex use down to about 1/2 a tab three days a week and the full imitrex needed maybe once a week or even less. Lortab supplementation is down to once every couple of weeks on the bad days. There are still weeks (during menopausal hormonal shifts) when the going gets a bit tougher, but it's still much better than it used to be. It is only during those hormonal storms that I get the multi-day headaches, but I expect that to lessen with age.
I'm taking one MygraFew tablet in the morning. My migraines starting decreasing in intensity about five or six days after I first started taking it (several months ago), and I think the full benefit kicked in after 2 - 3 weeks. I'm considering adding in a second dose in the evening to see if I can cut back the pain medication even more.
I've researched this drug online, including on the ncbi dot nlm dot nih dot gov page, and the studies seem to be contradictory. Some show that it works for migraine, others indicate its benefits have not been proven. I don't pay too much attention to the findings, since it works for me, and has also greatly helped my adult son, who also has suffered from debilitating chronic migraines. For anyone who's at her wits end, MygraFew is definitely worth a try.

Twist and Shout Mop - Original Hand Push Spin Mop
Twist and Shout Mop - Original Hand Push Spin Mop
Offered by Twist and Shout Mop™ - Absolushion Inc.
Price: $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mop ever., February 17, 2015
This mop is easy to use and cleans well. It goes into corners, gets the dirt off baseboard runners, fits under furniture, and is easy to wring out. It slides across the floor more easily than a sponge mop, so you can bear down on it with your weight without it suddenly stopping due to friction. This is really helpful for people with lower back pain (like me) who tend to absorb the stopping force in the spine. The bucket is larger than a standard bucket, and when filled to the water line it is a bit heavy, but I consider moving it around to be part of my workout, so I don't find it objectionable. I will not go back to using the sponge mops after using this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14