Profile for Wentai > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Wentai RSS Feed (Io, a crater on the moon of Jupiter)

Project Terminated: Famous Military Aircraft Cancellations of the Cold War and What Might Have Been
by Erik Simonsen
Price: $29.05
26 used & new from $23.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, February 21, 2014
Erik Simonsen has already replied to at least one review here, so I write this for him personally.

I bought two copies of this book through Amazon. While the text leaves much to be desired, the artwork as fantastic. I cut one of my books up and put the pictures in my scrapbook. The other copy sits undisturbed on my shelf.

I purchased this only for the artwork. Having read a million aviation books, there is little for most authors to say that interests me anymore. Having purchased all (every one) of your books on Amazon, this is what I want next: A collection of your artwork. Weather photographs of models, or computer generated paintings, make a collection of new art for me. I don't want more text -- I know it all already. Give me shots of aircraft, from Chinese J-10's battling F-16s to SR-71's dodging Foxbats.

I love art and this is all I really want. You make that book and I will buy 3 copies. And I will be a devoted fan for life.
Please let me know if you read this review. Thanks.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2014 4:50 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get it in Canada -- help, November 11, 2011
I reside in Canada and can't get any of the Quorra posters. Please help -- I wanted the set of three involving Olivia Wilde in her Quorra garb.

The L Word: Final Season
The L Word: Final Season
DVD ~ Jennifer Beals
Offered by American_Standard
Price: $22.99
49 used & new from $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Identity of Jenny's killer -- Spoiler Alert, January 13, 2010
This review is from: The L Word: Final Season (DVD)
*** SPOILER'S ALERT *********************
*** SPOILER'S ALERT *********************

I love how no one could figure out who killed Jenny. I blame our school system.

Clues:
1) Nikki got dragged out of the bushes by the cops, while the rest of the girls were sitting quietly in the living room.
2) Nikki said, in the manner of a guilty confession "Guys, she was keeping all of you prisoner in this house!"
3) Shane ordered Nikki to shut up, probably to prevent Nikki from implicating and incriminating herself.

The killer appears to be Nikki, so much so that I didn't expect anyone to ask about the identity. That's why Nikki was dragged out of the bush -- she shot Jenny then hid in the bushes.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2010 3:02 AM PST

Woman-to-Woman Sexual Violence: Does She Call It Rape? (Northeastern Series on Gender, Crime, and Law)
by Lori B. Girshick
Price: $21.13
40 used & new from $5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, September 2, 2009
Excellent book and very well researched. It balances survivor's stories with the author's own analysis, combined with theoretical conclusions regarding how to stop violence, how language can hold back societal progress, how to encourage women to seek help early, etc. A great book. The survivor's own stories were illuminating and enducating.

This book functions equally well as a collection of women's histories (which until this century never got told), a physcology book, and an aducation text perhaps for college students or anyone else studying the topic.

Well written, with none of the opaque writing style of authors who are trying to impress other's with their intelligence.