Profile for RIRY > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 151

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RIRY RSS Feed (Lakewood, CO United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Enjoy Life Ricemilk Boom Chocoboom Bars, Crunch, 1.12 Ounce (Pack of 24)
Enjoy Life Ricemilk Boom Chocoboom Bars, Crunch, 1.12 Ounce (Pack of 24)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes like a nestle crunch bar, June 4, 2014
I've tried some gluten free chocolate bars and either it's too dry or left a powdery texture aftertaste....this - tastes like the real thing. So good. Just have to remember gluten free isn't calorie free - it's still 170 cals per bar.

Costyle 10pcs/lot 10 Colors Cool Black Trim 1M 3 FT Flat USB 2.0 Data Sync Charging Cable Cord for iPhone 4 4S iPod
Offered by Angie Tech
Price: $10.05
5 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain for spare cables, March 24, 2014
For something like this - it's usually hit/miss but buying from Amazon you get the buyer protection that if it fails you, you can return them. This is a great deal for 10 cables and it's nice that the package comes with 1 of each color. This way, you can assign the product to a color (iPad goes with blue, iPhone goes with pink) or assign them to a person so you don't have to worry about someone stealing your cable. They aren't made for endurance. I noticed in one of the cables that you can see the wires and the plug, so we know to be gentle when dismounting the equipment. I love that these cables are the right length.

Evolv Men's Defy Vtr Climbing Shoe
Evolv Men's Defy Vtr Climbing Shoe
Price: $74.99 - $89.00

3.0 out of 5 stars TOO SMALL!!, March 24, 2014
I had to go 2 sizes up in these as they're not standard street shoe sizes which is irritating to have to order and return them. Other than that, they seem like a great beginner shoe. You can see the glue on some parts of the shoe and the trim so I don't expect these to last forever.

Microphone Inflate, assorted colors, Pack of 12
Microphone Inflate, assorted colors, Pack of 12
Offered by Zugar
Price: $6.28
23 used & new from $2.87

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading!, November 6, 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
I only received 10 instead of 12.
1/2 of them didn't hold air.
The ones that did hold air were cute.

Rock Band Inflate Instrument Set (2 dz)
Rock Band Inflate Instrument Set (2 dz)
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $30.19
7 used & new from $30.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like the photo, November 6, 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased these items for a 5 yo bday party to be used as props.

2 of the items didn't hold air. Couldn't find the leak to patch =( The lack of quality was very disappointing.

The drums were 3 bongos - not the brown 2 attached ones like the photo - but individual and were all white.

They are "adult" size so that was fun for the kids.

Dinosoles 3D Double Eye Sneaker (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid),Black,5 M US Toddler
Price: $37.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Stomping Feet, October 28, 2013
The sizes run small - best to go up a whole size.
They're great if your kid has meaty feet (mine does, he has FAT wide and chunky feet).

My son is obsessed with dinosaurs right now, and I thought these were SUPER CUTE! They're a little more than what I want to pay for shoes for my 3 year old, but TOTALLY WORTH IT!

When I showed him the box, he wasn't very impressed - go figure. Kids are so jaded. However, I pulled the shoe out, slapped it on my hand and the lights flickered on the dinosaurs eyes. He did a double take, walked closer to me, and I did it again. Slapped the shoe in my hand and my son's own eyes light up. He demanded to put them on ASAP! As soon as he put them on, he was transformed into a T-Rex and stomped around, and declared he had "Stomping Feet". And then he jumped and roared. He seriously lived in these things until he out grew them. When that happened, I was the worst mom in the world. He was pretty disappointed. Lucky for him, I bought shoes that were bigger and a different dinosaur, and he's pretty stoked about them. (Yes, I'm glad I took a video of him and his stomping feet - epic moment).

I wouldn't recommend these as summer shoes though, they're pretty thick and bulky. I noticed that my kid's feet were sweatier than normal, so I think they'd be really sweaty and stinky in the summer. I do like that they're super sturdy (my kid is rough on his shoes and ruins them within a week, 2 tops, but he wore these for 4 months and still pretty decent). He's gone hiking in these, wandered around, played on playgrounds and at the park. Velcro is always a win with small kiddos. Makes it easy for him to put on and take off.

Silhouette Cameo Starter Kit Bundle
Silhouette Cameo Starter Kit Bundle
Price: $229.99
8 used & new from $218.49

5.0 out of 5 stars E1 vs E2 E1/E2 vs Silhouette Cameo, October 28, 2013
I bought the Cameo on a whim last x-mas. I had heard all the buzz about it, and wanted to try it out. Was it any better than my Cricut. At first, NO! You have to buy each cut off their website (if you bought the subscription it's actually not that bad, each design is $1 and if you max out your credit allotment, you get designs at a discounted price). There are some freebies too. I was a little intimidated by the unlimited options. Where do I go, what do I start making....?!?!?! Once I got the hang out of it and had a project lined up, it made it super easy to use and learn.

Major differences of the two:
Cricut mats are THE BEST! I use these mats in my silhouette - the firmness of the mats prevent it from slipping and sliding (which in the silhouette is THE. MOST. ANNOYING. THING. EVER.) Especially when you're down to 1 sheet of the paper you need to complete a project. Cricut mats are also less expensive than Silhouettes. Both mats are insanely sticky (too sticky) so I rub the mat on my shirt to get some lint - this makes it less sticky, and when it's NOT sticky at all, I'll use a baby wipe to clean it up a little, or use soap/water. When the mat is completely "dead" and I'm too lazy to spritz with some adhesive spray, I use it as a working mat to build my pieces on, and I don't care if I damage the mat. Paint on it, spray glue, hot glue gun, etc.

Cricut blades win - the blades are way less expensive - and you get 2 for the price of 1 silhouette blades. Both blades last about the same amount of cuts.

Tool kits for both machines blow. "Making Memorie's Kit" is the best! I actually use all of the tools and they're my go to kit for all crafting activities.

Cricut's pens are more like markers where Silhouette pens are more like ball point pens. Silhouette has a casing which allows you to use ANY pen you like - which makes this more cost effective if you plan on doing sketch work. Both brands of pens are about the same price - sadly, the pens are not interchangeable between E1 or Silhouette.

Silhouettes does NOT require cartridges - which saves a lot of space - which wins - I know Cricut offers digital purchases but I have cartridges prior to that and I can't get rid of them =( Side note: Cricut cartridges have been less expensive to purchase than their digital version. I also like that i can select which cuts I need, the monthly subscription plan is really useful with silhouette - but I would take the time to build a wish list (credits do carry over if unused).

Lastly - the most important part for me - their software:
CCR vs Silhouette Design Studio
SDS wins - hands down - it is by far the EASIEST to use. You don't have to be computer savvy to get the program running - it also does NOT require internet, so design away while on a plane! It allows the user more control over each line/cut. This actually kicks your OCD in overdrive sometimes. If I hadn't already dumped all that money into my Cricut, I'd probably be Silhouette only. The only thing Silhouette is missing - the ability to do layers - in CCR you can create multiple layers for 1 design - which is great so I can sort out which color paper is for what layer, where as silhouette - it's 1 mat and you have to maneuver the designs and just fill in the colors the best you can. My work around is that I put several different "layers" onto the side (off the mat) and just try to piece it together this way. For now, that's the best option until the software gets a major overhaul or update.

CCR is so insanely frustrating - at least in the last 2 weeks I've been having "service error" issues and can't log in. I also run on MAC but that shouldn't matter.

Pros of Cricut - their cartridges are INSANELY cute. The designs are more flowy and caricature-style and there are more licensed images. This is great if you have kids or work at a school. Trust me, my son's school is insanely stoked of all the little things I've been making for their class.

Pros of Silhouette - this machine just feels more "sophisticated" to me. Even when it's cutting, it sounds like a symphony of mini robots making things come to life. There are some whimsical images but they're just NOT as cute as Cricut. This does create intricate cuts, this does create my own designs, this creates thing that I find useful. This is also a stress free machine. If I need help from customer service - I email and get a respond within hours - whereas with Cricut, I might get a response in a week? Or not at all. And their "office hours" are during working hours. Well I cricut at night. Sigh.

Summarize Long Winded Review:
Get a Silhouette Cameo

Cricut Expression 2 Electric Cutting Machine
Cricut Expression 2 Electric Cutting Machine
Price: $149.99
20 used & new from $142.49

2.0 out of 5 stars E1 vs E2 E1/E2 vs Silhouette Cameo, October 28, 2013
E1 v E2 v Silhouette Cameo (CCR vs Silhouette Design Studio)

I've had my E1 for almost 5 years. I wanted a new machine, my E1 is still functioning well but I wanted a new gadget. The E2 had mixed reviews, smooth cuts, glitchy, problematic and the best machine ever. I'll take my chances.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't used my E1 with cartridges in quite some time. I used to load from my gypsy and then when CCR came out, this is all I've done - connected it to my computer and cut away.

DISCLAIMER #2: I apologize in advance if this review is too long (skim to the bottom for summary)

Initial findings: E2 feels a little heavier/sturdier. I like the little plastic casings that cover the cartridge sockets and the screen. The light is kinda snazzy on the cutter but I don't see that being important for me. The touchscreen is really nice (comes with a stylus that's housed in the door of the machine). I love love love the colored screen.

The mat guiding brackets are genius. I'm digging the perfect alignment of feeding my mat into the machine. I used to be a few mm off on E1 - usually not a big deal b/c I gave myself some wiggle room in the layouts. This would have been a useful feature on the Silhouette - thing is a nightmare for mat alignment.

CRICUTSYNC - make sure to connect your machine to a computer before using if you are going to connect with CCR - I only found this out after wasting over 20 minutes trying to work in CCR (which was on and logged into before I connected the E2) and kept getting the service error (which results to uninstall/reinstall of the software a zillion times) then I get frustrated and hit up the forums - where one useful writer gave the CricutSync hint. (The "Getting Started" instructions that came with the machine doesn't list this step.) This resulted in over 30 minutes getting the machine recognized with CS and then waiting for the date to upload onto the machine (this took 2 runs as CS died midway through the update and it had to reboot itself to keep at it until it was done). Once the update was done, CCR opened like a dream.

How do I get the preinstalled cartridges (Cricut Alphabet and Cricut Essentials) into my CCR acct? One forum responder wrote "They automatically link up, you must first register your machine and after the Thursday update it should show up. If after two weeks have past- after you have registered your E-- then give PC a call... then they can add it in manually!!!" I about lost it on here. Ok, I'm not DYING to use those cartridges since I have some other cuts I can do (but know that if I HAD only those 2 cartridges, I'd send this machine back.

TRIAL #1: Let me see if I can go into CCR and see "All Cartridges", not just the ones that I owned and see if it will cut off the preloaded ones...guess what happened? Machine not detected error. Ok - no biggie. I just turned off the machine, plugged it into a different USB port on my computer, turn it back on and see. This worked, and I picked the first object and cut. Great - got it to work, right?

Trial run #2: I created a project with 6 - 2" strips. The machine would only cut one strip and stop. What about the other 5 strips you ask? WHAT ABOUT THEM?!?!!? I would hit cut again - nada. The machine apparently could not read the mat. Ok - I unload the mat and reload - still can't read the mat...ok, unload mat, restart machine, still nada, unload mat, restart machine, restart CCR, unplug and replug the machine - I can go on and on about my troubleshooting process - but after an hour+ I about tossed the machine across the room. I have since created each strip onto a separate layer in CCR - and sadly, I can't even cut each layer w/o restarting the machine and the software. It just idles on the "checking mat status screen". 6 strips - seriously, 6 strips, with scallop edges - nothing fancy. The machine can't do it.

E1 v E2:
I sadly miss the simplicity of my E1. It was user friendly right out of the box. I had a few kinks in working through the "real dial size" but with CCR, that's been no problem. And always, I would just plug in my computer and cut. E2 is just a nightmare to use, and tech support has regular office hours - well, I do my cricut work on none-office hours since I work regular office hours. Sigh.

E1/E2 vs Silhouette:

Major differences of the two:

Lastly - the most important part for me - their software:
CCR vs Silhouette Design Studio

Pros of Silhouette - this machine just feels more "sophisticated" to me. Even when it's cutting, it sounds like a symphony of mini robots making things come to life. There are some whimsical images but they're just NOT as cute as Cricut. This has more intricate cuts as well.

Summarize Long Winded Review:
Get a Silhouette Cameo
If you already have an E1 - keep it - DO NOT GET AN E2 - this is an OBVIOUS DOWNGRADE.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2014 11:06 PM PDT

Chooka Women's Top Solid Rain Boot,Yellow,8 M US
Chooka Women's Top Solid Rain Boot,Yellow,8 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars I feel like a kid again, April 15, 2013
This is the first time as an adult that I bought rain boots. I've never lived anywhere where I actually needed them. I searched far and wide (ok, only through Amazon) for a yellow pair. Why yellow you ask, because if I'm going to wear rainboots, I might as well Paddington Bear it =)

I love these. I know some people complain that wearing these plastic/rubber boots makes your feet stink - get a fleece liner and it will prevent that. I love them!! WIth the liner it keeps my feet dry and cozy.

They fit true to size (I'm normally a 7.5) and the 8's with the liner and socks, fit perfect. If you have narrow feet though - stay away! They're a bit wide for me and I have flat wide feet.

Nalgene Kids OTF Smash Bottle (Gray/Red, 12-Ounce)
Nalgene Kids OTF Smash Bottle (Gray/Red, 12-Ounce)
Price: $10.59
17 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean and easy, April 15, 2013
My son has outgrown sippy cups, and straw cups are a bit gross since the straws/parts are a breeding ground for that gross black stuff (bacteria). This is super easy to use for a 4 yo but also keeps the product closed so it doesn't spill. The variety of designs makes this attractive to even the pickiest of kiddos! You have to slightly push in the button to undo the metal latch (great way to teach hand/eye coordination), the hole is large enough for kids mouth size and easy to clean. I loved it (he loved it so much) that I had to get a few more!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16