Profile for Jocelyn Goodwin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jocelyn Goodwin RSS Feed (North Andover, MA United States)

The Together Teacher: Plan Ahead, Get Organized, and Save Time!
The Together Teacher: Plan Ahead, Get Organized, and Save Time!
by Maia Heyck-Merlin
Price: $17.61
73 used & new from $5.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential book for your professional library!, November 27, 2012
I have been teaching for 11 years and I would highly recommend this book and this author to everyone and anyone! :) You will not be disappointed! :)

1. LIFE SAVING: As teachers, we need to work hard and have lives too! This book will help you manage your personal and professional life so you can excel in both! It will help you teach for longer at a high level.

2. WELL THOUGHT OUT: The author KNOWS what is going on in the world of education. She has been a teacher and is still a part of this world. She has been in our footsteps and speaks from experience. She has developed this using her own experiences and the experiences of hundreds of colleagues and friends.

3. EASILY ADAPTABLE: The systems and tips presented in this book can easily be taken and personalized to fit each specific person. You can use what is helpful for you and modify things to fit your needs.

4. USED SUCCESSFULLY BY MANY: Many, many, many teachers (many of my colleagues) are using the systems presented in this book to manage their personal and professional lives successfully. It is honestly the best thing out there for teachers who want to get organized and stay organized.

If you get a chance, take a training with this author on how to implement the suggested changes in your daily life. I am pretty sure that I have attended her workshops 4 or 5 times and I learn something new every single time. :)

Motorcycles! (Step into Reading)
Motorcycles! (Step into Reading)
by Susan E. Goodman
Price: $3.99
197 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorcycles!, June 27, 2010
This book is about fast cool motorcycles. If you read this book, you will enjoy it. You will see people jumping off a cliff and doing dangerous things. You will learn about different parts of motorcycles like a shift lever.

My favorite part is when someone jumped in the sky and landed on his bike. I have never seen that in my life! Have you? It would be great if I was there. I wish I could bring my friends and family.

When I was reading, I was excited to learn about different bikes. If you like motorcycles, you should read this book. It is cool that motorcycles can go 95 miles per hour. Kids can ride them too and do tricks. You can find this book in the library. You can also find this book at a fair or at a class library.

By: Damon Q, Age 7, Brooklyn, NY

Hold on to your hats because this book will turn you upside down!! The book, Motorcycles, is a book about different kinds of motorcycles. It tells how different motorcycles work. It tells how you can customize the motorcycles. You would really like this book. You would like all the motorcycles.

My favorite part of this books is when little kids were racing in Motorcross. They were flying in the sky when they shot out from the ramp. It made me smile the whole time. They went really fast. When I read this book, it made me laugh a little bit. It was really cool to see people do tricks on motorcycles. I really like the dirt bikes. Somebody jumped over the Grand Canyon! His name was Robbie Knievel. I was excited. It was so cool.

If you are looking for a book that tells you about motorcycles, this is a book for you. It will make you learn something new. You can check this book out on amazon.com. It is a very good book to read about motorcycles. You will love the book when you read it.

By: Trevon R, Age 8, Brooklyn, NY

Junie B. Jones Has a Peep in Her Pocket (Junie B. Jones, No. 15)
Junie B. Jones Has a Peep in Her Pocket (Junie B. Jones, No. 15)
by Barbara Park
Price: $4.99
367 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Junie B. Jones Has a Peep in Her Pocket, June 27, 2010
Junie B.Jones Has a Peep in Her Pocket is about a girl named Junie B. Jones going on a farm trip and she doesn't want to go on the farm. She said that the first graders would boss her around a lot.

My favorite part is when Junie B. Jones hid under the bus floor because she didn't want to go on the farm. I laughed so hard I almost blew up. You should read that part.

If you are looking for a book that is hilarious, then this is the book for you! It will make you pee in your pants. Junie B. Jones is going to first grade next year. Visit Amazon or Scholastic to find the book. I will read this book for a second time!

by: Jared K., Age 8, Brooklyn, NY

Buffalo Before Breakfast (Magic Tree House #18)
Buffalo Before Breakfast (Magic Tree House #18)
by Mary Pope Osborne
Price: $3.90
396 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Tree House: Buffalo Before Breakfast, June 27, 2010
Go to the Sioux. Get your teepees. Catch some buffalo. Buffalo Before Breakfast is about two people named Jack and Annie that go on an adventure. Morgan sends a scroll and a book to the tree house. Jack and Annie wish to go in a book. It happens! On their adventure, they see 10 million buffalo. This is by Mary Pope Osbourne. A dog goes with Jack and Annie.

My favorite part of this book is when a herd of buffalo chase Annie. Fly Black came to help Annie. He said, "STOP! Don't chase Annie." to the buffalo. When I read this part, I laughed to death. It made me imagine if I got chased by a herd of buffalo. I'll say, "STOP!Don't chase me." You'll have to read this if you want to spy the ending.

If you're looking for a book with magic and a great adventure this is your book. This is a great book to me. I LOVE IT! If you want this, find it at the closest local bookstore or on Amazon. While you're reading, you'll predict the wrong thing that is going to happen. Read this book and you'll see what will happen in the rest of the book.

by: Cole E, Age 7, Brooklyn, NY

Froggy Plays Soccer
Froggy Plays Soccer
by Jonathan London
Price: $6.99
148 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Froggy Plays Soccer, June 27, 2010
This review is from: Froggy Plays Soccer (Paperback)
Do you like soccer? Then come to see a soccer game with Froggy. Froggy Plays Soccer is a book about Froggy playing soccer. First, Froggy gets dressed for his big soccer game. Then Froggy's father takes him to the game. Froggy starts picking his nose. Suddenly the ball bounces off Froggy's chest. Find out what happens next.

I like many parts in this book. One part I like is pretty disgusting. That part is when Froggy picks his nose. I like this nasty part. Do you like this disgusting part?

This book is very interesting. It may even be interesting to babies. You should get this book. If you want to get this book, go to the Scholastic Book Club. I recommend that you read this book.

Review Written By: Jelani D, Age 7.5, Brooklyn, NY